YouTube F#cking Youtube money - 16 yr youtuber Tanner Fox getting his 2nd GT-R.

Vogz

Moist Ass Bitch
Jul 4, 2006
Batavia, IL
Oh I never said I wasnt jealous...lol Im saying what they are getting paid for is ludicrous. It makes the latest teen generation think that school and hard work are now unnecessary. And that all they need to do is record themselves playing video games or walking around a mall, and they will be set for life.

My point was that eventually this youtube millionaire thing will end and all they will have is a few toys that they will need to sell to keep their extravagant lives going for a few more months.

Tanner's parents are being supportive, but to let him do this in place of school or preparing himself for a real career, is enabling. And its not healthy nor is it right.

What they spend their money on is not what I care about. From post one I have said that I hope youtube gets a handle on this and brings them down to earth. How do you think they got all those views per month. You guys should see the click bait. The one dude Lance something, puts his big titty GF in the thumbnail of every video with a title that has nothing to do with the video. And its gaining him hundreds of thousands of dollars per month for it. Sounds like bad business to me. Like bait and switching at a car dealer.

But yeah my thread might come off has butthurt or jealousy, but I have worked hard for my life and will continue no matter what the youtube millionaires do.

Nothing is stopping you from cashing in on the same shtick.

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
Nothing is stopping you from cashing in on the same shtick.

A full time job, health insurance and my family's secure future is stopping me. You need to be recording, editing and uploading constantly to keep up with that lifestyle.

It would take years to get off the ground as an adult, what some of those kids are doing. But if you let those kids fill up their days with only that, where is the time for any other type of educational or professional development.

Same with like body builders. Sure they look good and spend every minute in the gym. But they are broke jokes, riding on the coat tails of their looks. Once that fades, they are broke ass gym rats that are good for nothing but wiping my ball sweat off of the exercise bike seat.

Cant wait to see tanner's GTR in the parking lot of burger king all day while hes on his shift of flipping burgers when hes 20 years old.

bmoore04

TCG Elite Member
Jul 30, 2010
Winfield IL
If those people had half a brain they'd be saving up/investing the money they made for attention whoring, not buying 100K cars and gloating about it on the internet to random strangers who they will never meet in their life.

Ya I am sure a video of him putting money into an IRA will get 100k views. Said no one ever. They do this to keep building on what they have.

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
You dont see a problem with someone using youtube as a job, and sole source of income? I see google getting greedy at some point, and limiting or cutting the money from ads down the road.

This "career" as a youtuber is going to end at some point. Quitting your real job to live hood rich for a few months or years is silly. Its not if, but when this will all come crashing down.

why would google shut anything down. they are getting money and they give a portion to the creators. you also have patreon where youtube creators post for free but their audience voluntarily provides them contributions so that they have income and can keep doing what they are doing.

i agree with the being baffled as to how anyone watches most of these lifestyle or whatever channels. "i did this today" 10 minutes of usually decently edited but in reality not all that interesting stuff. and people are going to watch this every day/every week when a new video comes out? some 15 year old kid is that interesting?

i can't watch any of this shit

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
Case in point. This video has 6.5m views and he has 2m subs. At no point do any of his many click bait videos have anything to do with the title.

So to offshoredrilling who made that elaborate post about some sales job blah blah blah, how would you feel if you were sold something that did nothing of which it was advertised. Check the comments. Half the people are pissed, and the other half are trying to use the views of the page to gain likes and views of their own shit. Yeah sounds like a fantastic use of capitalism.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYBJCcdKZcc

i clicked around 15 places in this, i seriously can't believe anyone would watch this, every spot just seemed like yup completely uninteresting. it is odd that such garbage content is rewarded with millions of views and $. i don't care if the dude is making money, i do wonder who the hell the people are that watch this.

syP

Not Banned
May 24, 2007
Downers Grove, Illinois
My wife and I watch a YouTube star named Noahj456. He's a call of duty zombie god. Very entertaining to watch as he is usually the first to beat the bosses and Easter eggs. He steams on YouTube and uses Twitch for donations. Im not kidding you when this guy has 50-60k viewers on launch night of a new map pack or whole new game. These kids donate between $3 and $100 just to have their comment show up in the middle of the screen for the whole world to see. We counted in like 10 minutes he had over $400 alone. He makes thousands alone just off the game donations on a weekend. Not to mention Treyarch and infinity ward send him so much merchandise... golf clubs... high end bicycles and fly him all over the world to play games and for big events. All of this doesn't including the millions of hits he gets on his actual YouTube videos. Dude goes to school full time for business but his life are these videos. Has to be clearing $15-20k a month.

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
My wife and I watch a YouTube star named Noahj456. He's a call of duty zombie god. Very entertaining to watch as he is usually the first to beat the bosses and Easter eggs. He steams on YouTube and uses Twitch for donations. Im not kidding you when this guy has 50-60k viewers on launch night of a new map pack or whole new game. These kids donate between $3 and $100 just to have their comment show up in the middle of the screen for the whole world to see. We counted in like 10 minutes he had over $400 alone. He makes thousands alone just off the game donations on a weekend. Not to mention Treyarch and infinity ward send him so much merchandise... golf clubs... high end bicycles and fly him all over the world to play games and for big events. All of this doesn't including the millions of hits he gets on his actual YouTube videos. Dude goes to school full time for business but his life are these videos. Has to be clearing $15-20k a month.

i'm not much of a gamer these days either but i don't totally get this either. a 10 minute montage of some badass in a game i play, sure. hours watching someone else play though? i'll go play myself

cayman981

Oct 18, 2016
Glencoe
Just gonna throw in my 2 cents.

My ex-GF was a youtuber several years back. Was pretty good at it and successful, over 500K subscribers. Back then it wasn't the silly money you see now, but she still got paid and was flown around the world by various sponsors and was offered all sorts of endorsements, constantly, which she had to turn down. Back then, it wasn't the google money that made you rich, it was the sponsors who got you to push their products.

I question how these current youtubers have made money based on subscriptions/views alone. I don't know if Google has improved the pay structure, but back in 2010ish, my GF with her 500K subscribers was only making tens of thousands from Google revenue. Her real money came from her sponsors.

Some other things to note:
-there are a COUNTLESS number of youtubers for basically any subject/topic imagineable. Most fail.
-in order to even have a shot at being successful at youtube, you need to spend a LOT of time editing, filming, editing, filming. It took my GF 15 hours or so of work just to produce one 10 minute video. THEN you have to read all the comments, respond, to other ancillary work like respond to emails from your sponsors, travel, attend many meetings, etc. It's a full-time job and hard work.
-you put up with A LOT of abuse. Especially from jealous rivals you create fake accounts and spam your comments section
-there are a lot of shady sponsors, companies out there that will try to get you to sign contracts early on and basically screw you over
-this is not even mentioning, you need to have some kind of appeal to the audience to succeed. Either be really attractive, have some very special access to some very cool things, have a good voice or something that makes you stand-out

The whole system basically makes it very very difficult to succeed on youtube, and the ones that have made it, they've earned it.

Think about it this way. You have untalented actors and actresses making a fortune "acting" on stupid TV shows every single day. More people use the internet now than watch TV shows. Some of these youtubers have over 1 million views for a single video. How many TV programs get 1 million viewers for a single episode? And Youtube videos do not have to pay writers, staff, cameramen, studios, broadcast fees, or any of that massive overhead. From an advertising perspective, Youtube is a fantastic platform and whatever they are paying to these youtubers is pennies compared to what they would have to pay to the studios to reach a smaller audience.

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
You dont see a problem with someone using youtube as a job, and sole source of income? I see google getting greedy at some point, and limiting or cutting the money from ads down the road.

This "career" as a youtuber is going to end at some point. Quitting your real job to live hood rich for a few months or years is silly. Its not if, but when this will all come crashing down.

You sound extremely butt hurt. Do you watch TV, Movies, etc. This is just another form of media. Do you get mad at professional athletes getting paid millions too? How about the Kardashians? Clinton making $250K from Wall Street big whig speeches?

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
You sound extremely butt hurt. Do you watch TV, Movies, etc. This is just another form of media. Do you get mad a professional athletes getting paid millions too? How about the Kardashians? Clinton making $250K from Wall Street big whig speeches?

e9d.jpg

Smokinhot

3-man rules!!!!
Jul 4, 2007
Lansing, IL
Real Name
IM me if you wanna know more ;)

My ex-GF was a youtuber several years back. Was pretty good at it and successful, over 500K subscribers. Back then it wasn't the silly money you see now, but she still got paid and was flown around the world by various sponsors and was offered all sorts of endorsements, constantly, which she had to turn down. Back then, it wasn't the google money that made you rich, it was the sponsors who got you to push their products.

I question how these current youtubers have made money based on subscriptions/views alone. I don't know if Google has improved the pay structure, but back in 2010ish, my GF with her 500K subscribers was only making tens of thousands from Google revenue. Her real money came from her sponsors.

-there are a COUNTLESS number of youtubers for basically any subject/topic imagineable. Most fail.
-in order to even have a shot at being successful at youtube, you need to spend a LOT of time editing, filming, editing, filming. It took my GF 15 hours or so of work just to produce one 10 minute video. THEN you have to read all the comments, respond, to other ancillary work like respond to emails from your sponsors, travel, attend many meetings, etc. It's a full-time job and hard work.
-you put up with A LOT of abuse. Especially from jealous rivals you create fake accounts and spam your comments section
-there are a lot of shady sponsors, companies out there that will try to get you to sign contracts early on and basically screw you over
-this is not even mentioning, you need to have some kind of appeal to the audience to succeed. Either be really attractive, have some very special access to some very cool things, have a good voice or something that makes you stand-out

The whole system basically makes it very very difficult to succeed on youtube, and the ones that have made it, they've earned it.

Think about it this way. You have untalented actors and actresses making a fortune "acting" on stupid TV shows every single day. More people use the internet now than watch TV shows. Some of these youtubers have over 1 million views for a single video. How many TV programs get 1 million viewers for a single episode? And Youtube videos do not have to pay writers, staff, cameramen, studios, broadcast fees, or any of that massive overhead. From an advertising perspective, Youtube is a fantastic platform and whatever they are paying to these youtubers is pennies compared to what they would have to pay to the studios to reach a smaller audience.
:bigthumb:

And that makes you have a better perspective on vloggers.

cayman981

Oct 18, 2016
Glencoe
A full time job, health insurance and my family's secure future is stopping me. You need to be recording, editing and uploading constantly to keep up with that lifestyle.

At least you acknowledge that youtube is indeed very hard work and very difficult to succeed and even harder to stay successful for a long time. Youtube thrives on trends, and it's a constant struggle to be "trendy".

The thing that I appreciate most about youtube is that it's a grassroots movement. There's a LOT of demand out there for different types of media. However, the studios, the agents, the unions, they all basically push the same garbage down our throats on TV. Boring late night shows, check. Stupid morning talk shows, check. Political garbage, check. Somewhat funny but not really 4623th episode of The Simpsons, check. These producers listen to market studies and ratings, and make shows to pander to the lowest common denominator.

What about those of us (basically the vast majority) who have niche interests? People who like exotic cars? Or maybe something like trolling people in Call of Duty? Or "how to" videos? You'll never find that stuff on TV. The fundamental reason Youtubers are succeeding is because there is a huge demand for diverse content. For years the only thing to watch on TV regarding cars was Top Gear reruns and maybe some show about custom hot rods. Nothing about the sweet new exotics being driven around the world, and especially not "in the wild" videos of such cars.

Don't blame the Youtubers, blame the studios for being too stupid to do anything about this demand for the decades of time that they had.

Frank Dukes

TCG Elite Member
May 5, 2009
Rockfordia
60 minutes had a pretty interesting piece on this recently.

its annoying and i avoid youtube personally but i get it..

my three year old niece watches those fucking videos of essentially adults playing with kids toys with their kids that have multi-million views. now those can get fucked. other than that, get money!

Social media influencers turn followers into dollars - CBS News

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake

what kind of niche was your ex in?

it's possible strictly views money went up (i'm sure the info is out there but feeling lazy) - facebook is in competition now for hosting vids. with a far shittier platform, outside the live thing.

i met 2 professional full time youtubers on my cheetah trip. jon watson (travel/experience videos) and hey nadine (travel videos)

boostedguy05

not well known
TCG Premium
Dec 18, 2010

It would take years to get off the ground as an adult, what some of those kids are doing. But if you let those kids fill up their days with only that, where is the time for any other type of educational or professional development.

Same with like body builders. Sure they look good and spend every minute in the gym. But they are broke jokes, riding on the coat tails of their looks. Once that fades, they are broke ass gym rats that are good for nothing but wiping my ball sweat off of the exercise bike seat.

Cant wait to see tanner's GTR in the parking lot of burger king all day while hes on his shift of flipping burgers when hes 20 years old.

you kind of proved your own point in the beginning of this, to them this is a job, I’m sure they are spending lots of time on each video, being research, filming, editing, etc.. you are coming off as very jealous in all of your posts in here. because you don’t understand it, it’s wrong and the devil!

By watching you are upping the views, and the sponsors see that and give them more money. they have to stay interesting to keep the viewers up, and they are working hard for that, good for them!

doing these videos is teaching them hard work pays off. this is teaching them how to do research, and learn new things to stay on top of the market they are working for. among plenty of other things. So this is their educational or professional development time. if you do not see that you are blind.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info