Not open for further replies.

The Beast

TCG Elite Member
May 24, 2004
South beach
Real Name
Go Go
“What a piece of SHIT” got me lmao.

And the 6th generation Camaros are awesome! I’m thinking about upgrading to a ZL1. But, not a brand new one. Chevy dealerships and their BS ADMs can go F themselves.

And some of the new cars seem to have a lot of quality issues. “Covid” cars. Wtf. It seems like with every manufacturer too.

Good idea pay 30% more for a used one than 2 years ago. Lol

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2006
Lakemoor, IL
The post Covid quality issues is a valid complaint. I'm in the HVAC industry in the commercial sector. In the past two years, I'd guess at least 80% of the equipment we order, whether it be a $10k rooftop to a $750k boiler, has some factory defects. I have literally come to expect shit products from everywhere now.

Jon01

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Feb 8, 2012
The post Covid quality issues is a valid complaint. I'm in the HVAC industry in the commercial sector. In the past two years, I'd guess at least 80% of the equipment we order, whether it be a $10k rooftop to a $750k boiler, has some factory defects. I have literally come to expect shit products from everywhere now.
Lower consumer standards so Chinese quality appears better.

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2006
Lakemoor, IL
And lets talk about that hideous Camaro interior. It seriously sucks. So what it has alcantara everywhere, it's lipstick on a pig.

This looks like it belongs to a Cobalt SS
1662132851619.png

Much better and doesn't look like a 14 year old designed it...lol
1662132996846.png

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
This thread brings the LOLs
Thread kinda went where I thought it was, when it was created.
Dude everything is fucked. We see it in the furniture industry daily as well.
My 71, has everything brand spanking new for the AC.
About to pull the 2nd brand new compressor off and send it back as its now leaking. I think @jimbo mentioned something about a bad batch going around. I've talked to a few others who are on their 3rd and 4th brand new ac compressors.

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
Thread kinda went where I thought it was, when it was created.

Dude everything is fucked. We see it in the furniture industry daily as well.
My 71, has everything brand spanking new for the AC.
About to pull the 2nd brand new compressor off and send it back as its now leaking. I think @jimbo mentioned something about a bad batch going around. I've talked to a few others who are on their 3rd and 4th brand new ac compressors.
Damn, again? Between that post on your thread until now, we are now on a fourth compressor for a car here.

ZXMustang

Suh dude
Feb 19, 2019
Unfortunately, yes this one is now leaking as well.
Its everything. The PC component industry is taking hits on both consumer and enterprise grade parts. Even home appliances are getting bad QC wise. Like I said this covid era of shit QC is going to stalk us for a few more years to come until all those poor quality or lower standard parts filter through the supply chains.

Cars that people are buying up right now for over sticker are going to be problematic much earlier in their life span than cars made up to 2020 - maybe into 2021.

My ZL1 was an early 21 that was finished at the end of 20, so I feel like it was pre covid parts debacle. Now that HC I had was built in the middle of three separate parts shutdowns at the plant. Mine went into production then went on hold for a month waiting for parts. Others are seeing a rash of bad parts too on 21 and 22 HCs coming in new. Fuel pumps, bad axles and a few other common modules are failing at much higher rates Im hearing.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Its everything. The PC component industry is taking hits on both consumer and enterprise grade parts. Even home appliances are getting bad QC wise. Like I said this covid era of shit QC is going to stalk us for a few more years to come until all those poor quality or lower standard parts filter through the supply chains.

Cars that people are buying up right now for over sticker are going to be problematic much earlier in their life span than cars made up to 2020 - maybe into 2021.

My ZL1 was an early 21 that was finished at the end of 20, so I feel like it was pre covid parts debacle. Now that HC I had was built in the middle of three separate parts shutdowns at the plant. Mine went into production then went on hold for a month waiting for parts. Others are seeing a rash of bad parts too on 21 and 22 HCs coming in new. Fuel pumps, bad axles and a few other common modules are failing at much higher rates Im hearing.
Yup and it kind of makes me nervous that I ordered my LSA blower for my 71 during all this shit lol.

Reactions: ZXMustang

ZXMustang

Suh dude
Feb 19, 2019
Super glad I bought my wife a problem free '20 Chrysler product before all this Covid junk! :oops: :LOL:
I guess for context back in 17 I owned a 2017 mustang GT with the A6. I was DDing to schaumburg and back an hour one way with it. Kept it stock and it was a nice smooth dream to drive. It was a 400a premium with the a6, 3.55s and the black package.

I dont remember it being anything bad like that 22 was. The paint was flawless, the body panels were fine never had a complaint. The A6 knew exactly the right gear to be in and it would roll on just fine and also rip pretty good. I had no complaints with that car aside from the stock exhaust being so quiet.

Thats why I guess I was so surprised to see how far they've fallen in terms of quality and performance. The a10 made that car feel like it was only fast at near redline. I've had more 5.0s then most of you. And the coyote was never that high strung or needed to be reved out like the GT350 to get the full effect.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Id send that right off to Kong or Jokerz for a complete port job. They will make sure its flawless plus you get the port and I know at least Kong puts on the pulley ring and pulley of your choosing.
I've looked into both and not worth the money in my case. I'm just looking for stop light to stop light fun and will never race for money or to chase a time slip.

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
I guess for context back in 17 I owned a 2017 mustang GT with the A6. I was DDing to schaumburg and back an hour one way with it. Kept it stock and it was a nice smooth dream to drive. It was a 400a premium with the a6, 3.55s and the black package.

I dont remember it being anything bad like that 22 was. The paint was flawless, the body panels were fine never had a complaint. The A6 knew exactly the right gear to be in and it would roll on just fine and also rip pretty good. I had no complaints with that car aside from the stock exhaust being so quiet.

Thats why I guess I was so surprised to see how far they've fallen in terms of quality and performance. The a10 made that car feel like it was only fast at near redline. I've had more 5.0s then most of you. And the coyote was never that high strung or needed to be reved out like the GT350 to get the full effect.
The advantage to the 10 speed is from a dig once it’s at redline it stays there until you let off, stock it’s not awesome atleast In the trucks I haven’t had a mustang with it but I’ve had a couple f150’s, with a tune in sport mode it’s always in the right gear, stock seems like they try to get it in the highest gear possible as fast as possible for fuel economy

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Nowheresville North Dakota

Coming. Black friday ordering I plan on anyways I want to see some R&D dyno results with the CJ 2.0. This is why I said nope to the whipple. My pockets arent deep enough.

My goal still hasnt changed since I totaled the yellow car with a cobra jet and e85 tune on it.

All I want is simple 10 second NA build.

Also Im sure get crucified over this but I dont think the S550 1/2 aka S650 does not offer enough over my loaded 2020 PP1.

S650 doesnt offer enough of a HP gain and still has same 10 speed. 460 stock Gen3 with wayyyy more tuning and vetted options than a Gen4 with 40 more HP and zero vetted tunes No thanks.

All of the above is also why I think the Mach 1 is a joke given what its sticker price is. Same cars as mine with a 20 hp Sticker package lol No thanks.

Its getting to be if I do sell mine Id be a fool for buying another Mustang. Need to move up to a Vette or M3 CS or Porsche or something totally different.

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
Coming. Black friday ordering I plan on anyways I want to see some R&D dyno results with the CJ 2.0. This is why I said nope to the whipple. My pockets arent deep enough.

My goal still hasnt changed since I totaled the yellow car with a cobra jet and e85 tune on it.

All I want is simple 10 second NA build.

Also Im sure get crucified over this but I dont think the S550 1/2 aka S650 does not offer enough over my loaded 2020 PP1.

S650 doesnt offer enough of a HP gain and still has same 10 speed. 460 stock Gen3 with wayyyy more tuning and vetted options than a Gen4 with 40 more HP and zero vetted tunes No thanks.

All of the above is also why I think the Mach 1 is a joke given what its sticker price is. Same cars as mine with a 20 hp Sticker package lol No thanks.

Its getting to be if I do sell mine Id be a fool for buying another Mustang. Need to move up to a Vette or M3 CS or Porsche or something totally different.
Get your appointment set with Dr. Drew 01bluesnake 01bluesnake. CJ, e85, appropriate fuel system setup, headers/exhaust, and you’re there. He made crazy power out of a gen 2 coyote I sent down his way.

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
I think the only thing that would get me into another Mustang would be one that has that front-wheel drive motor for traction. And I likely would just have basic mods on it.

While my car isn't making ridiculous power, I struggle putting it down. The tire set-up I would need on the street is too fast wearing and makes me nervous in the rain.

I've been contemplating trading in both cars for a Tesla and getting out of the modded car scene. If the FWD assist ever comes out for the Mustang, I'd like to take one for a spin.

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
I think the only thing that would get me into another Mustang would be one that has that front-wheel drive motor for traction. And I likely would just have basic mods on it.

While my car isn't making ridiculous power, I struggle putting it down. The tire set-up I would need on the street is too fast wearing and makes me nervous in the rain.

I've been contemplating trading in both cars for a Tesla and getting out of the modded car scene. If the FWD assist ever comes out for the Mustang, I'd like to take one for a spin.
The et street ss tires are good in the rain I would get 7000 miles on them, but went through a set every summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thread Info