Drove a 22 Coyote a10 today...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZXMustang

Suh dude
Feb 19, 2019
Brand new car, just came off the truck this week. 401 premium GT a10 with the active exhaust and all the bells and whistles (no performance pack).

What a piece of SHIT. This was a car my buddy was looking at, and I went with. We took it out for a decent drive. It was gutless, the trans was hunting all over the place for the right gear and you had to wring its neck to get any meaningful acceleration (had 3.55 gears).

I was thinking this was going to be a really nice car, but man quality has SLIPPED. The inside was a complete rattle trap. Both front seats squeaked and rattled over bumps. So did the rear deck and parts around the rear seats.

There were paint runners on the edge of the trunk and edge of the hood. Plus looks like the factory tried to fix some trash in the paint on the front bumper. It was a MESS.

The inner trunk lid liner was not snapped in with the christmas tree clips. Half were on the trunk floor, looks like they were not pushed in at all and just fell out.

Panel gaps were HORRIBLE.

It sounded nice with the active exhaust, but like I said completely gutless. I was quite disappointed.

They wanted Sticker + $5k ADM as well as a PLUS package for $1995 and an $899 dealer fee. Plus TTL...

It was over $60k out the door.

I'm sad to say that every car is going to be a Friday car now. QC issues and shitty workmanship.

1662003952413.png

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Apr 6, 2005
If I remember correctly the ‘21 and newer Mustangs are computer locked and cannot be tuned by a third party, aftermarket performance co. unless they have a partnership with Ford (who provides them the keys to the kingdom).

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
The modes for the A10 make a pretty big difference in how the car drives. I hated driving mine around in normal. S+ was just about always what I used. It was much better that way. Then again, car made it maybe 500 miles before I had a tune in it.
Sport mode and a tune make a huge difference, it feels way different than a 6r80 though

Reactions: Rent Free

ZXMustang

Suh dude
Feb 19, 2019
Stock 11 second car that is nearly as quick as a ZL1, completely gutless ? lol

Nearly as quick as ZL1? Yeah pass that shit man...lol But gutless for spirited driving and rolling on the gas part to 3/4 throttle absolutely. It just didnt want to move. Then you push in 85% or so throttle and it drops 15 gears and wants to scream at 7k... It was quite a high strung bitch. Little to no passing/roll on power, and the trans was clueless. Im sure a great tuner could clean that up. But for those not modding, it was a joke.

In the ZL1 is just seems to always be in the right gear, and when its not the PD blower covers the gap while it changes gears and the roll on power is fantastic. Sure the GT is no 650hp 6.2, but according to Jeff its nearly as quick as a ZL1....LOL Reality tho, its mighty different.

Reactions: Lead Pipe

ZXMustang

Suh dude
Feb 19, 2019
Its no more trashy, rattly, gappy than any ZL1 I've ever seen. Both are what they are.....they use union manufacturing and its garbage.
Not sure about that man. My ZL1 has alcantara on every surface you touch. The inside is whisper quite and it just feels like a premium car. The ride, the trans and the power all work together and make a really great driver's car. I dont see any of those issues you said and I had the 18 and now the 21. I dont see posts like that either on camaro forums more specifically about the ZL1/ZL1 1LE quality/qc issues. The only thing that comes up all the time is outward visibility, the 17/18 oil pump issue and the 1LE's teeth rattling ride on the street.

The normal ZL1 is a super compliant sports car that doesnt pretend to be some hulking tire smoking hellcat. It just hooks and goes, TC off or on. It turns, stops and feels like a drivers car while doing it. Im pretty in love with this car if you couldnt tell. I've sampled just about everything in the Mustang GT to hellcat/ZL1 price range. Nothing ticks all the boxes and does it with the reliability and quality that I see in the ZL1. I cant speak for the current SS/LT1/RS cars. Those are much more plastic like. But GM make sure that every place where your ass, hands, elbows and leg/knee touches is covered in soft alcantara. Its a breeze to keep clean too with that sonax alcantara cleaner.

Reactions: MrMezger996

Chet Donnelly

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 19, 2004
Not sure about that man. My ZL1 has alcantara on every surface you touch. The inside is whisper quite and it just feels like a premium car. The ride, the trans and the power all work together and make a really great driver's car. I dont see any of those issues you said and I had the 18 and now the 21. I dont see posts like that either on camaro forums more specifically about the ZL1/ZL1 1LE. The only thing that comes up all the time is outward visibility, the 17/18 oil pump issue and the 1LE's teeth rattling ride on the street.

The normal ZL1 is a super compliant sports car that doesnt pretend to be some hulking tire smoking hellcat. It just hooks and goes, TC off or on. It turns, stops and feels like a drivers car while doing it. Im pretty in love with this car if you couldnt tell. I've sampled just about everything in the Mustang GT to hellcat/ZL1 price range. Nothing ticks all the boxes and does it with the reliability and quality that I see in the ZL1. I cant speak for the current SS/LT1/RS cars. Those are much more plastic like. But GM make sure that every place where your ass, hands, elbows and leg/knee touches is covered in soft alcantara. Its a breeze to keep clean too with that sonax alcantara cleaner.

I've been in a ZL1, it's a lipstick wearing pig interior. And definitely typical union made rattling, things not aligned, etc.

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
I drove my son’s 19 5.0 GT w/10 Spd for a month for work all over IL and I swear to the Ford gods i did not experience this lost shifting for gears once…fake news.
Compared to your 3 speed taco it prob felt like a spaceship

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thread Info