Drove a 22 Coyote a10 today...

Status
Not open for further replies.

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
I'm at the point where I'd rather not be getting new rear tires every year. But I'm driving far less lately since I work from home. I don't know, I suppose I'm just wanting to spend less money on the car as of late. We just got into a new house that needs a lot of things, so I really am trying to take it easy on the extra spending.

Reactions: Rent Free

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Nowheresville North Dakota
I think the only thing that would get me into another Mustang would be one that has that front-wheel drive motor for traction. And I likely would just have basic mods on it.

While my car isn't making ridiculous power, I struggle putting it down. The tire set-up I would need on the street is too fast wearing and makes me nervous in the rain.

I've been contemplating trading in both cars for a Tesla and getting out of the modded car scene. If the FWD assist ever comes out for the Mustang, I'd like to take one for a spin.

AWD M3/M4 make stupid power with simple bolt ons too.

IMO those are far more attractive option than a 6 figure GT500 too.

The End.

01bluesnake

D Mark Performance
TCG Sponsor
Jul 8, 2009
Coming. Black friday ordering I plan on anyways I want to see some R&D dyno results with the CJ 2.0. This is why I said nope to the whipple. My pockets arent deep enough.

My goal still hasnt changed since I totaled the yellow car with a cobra jet and e85 tune on it.

All I want is simple 10 second NA build.

Also Im sure get crucified over this but I dont think the S550 1/2 aka S650 does not offer enough over my loaded 2020 PP1.

S650 doesnt offer enough of a HP gain and still has same 10 speed. 460 stock Gen3 with wayyyy more tuning and vetted options than a Gen4 with 40 more HP and zero vetted tunes No thanks.

All of the above is also why I think the Mach 1 is a joke given what its sticker price is. Same cars as mine with a 20 hp Sticker package lol No thanks.

Its getting to be if I do sell mine Id be a fool for buying another Mustang. Need to move up to a Vette or M3 CS or Porsche or something totally different.

If your goal is 10sec slip, you can get there with a stock intake and the car setup right. A converter is the biggest change for the auto's, after that focus on some weight mods. These cars get down with simple mods, headers, E85 are the biggest gains. After those, ported stock intake and good CAI will help with another 10-12whp

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
If your goal is 10sec slip, you can get there with a stock intake and the car setup right. A converter is the biggest change for the auto's, after that focus on some weight mods. These cars get down with simple mods, headers, E85 are the biggest gains. After those, ported stock intake and good CAI will help with another 10-12whp
Who do you use for tuning? My f150 has a converter in it and the shifts and lock up suck pbd has basically blown me off trying to get them to make it not drive like a pile of shit, it shifts ok for the first couple gears then slams into 5th then when it locks up it slams again from 5th on it’s harsh and unlocks and relocks frequently

01bluesnake

D Mark Performance
TCG Sponsor
Jul 8, 2009
Who do you use for tuning? My f150 has a converter in it and the shifts and lock up suck pbd has basically blown me off trying to get them to make it not drive like a pile of shit, it shifts ok for the first couple gears then slams into 5th then when it locks up it slams again from 5th on it’s harsh and unlocks and relocks frequently

I do my own tuning in house, unless guys have someone they like to work with. The A10 is a goofy trans, can't say i've driven one that doesn't do some weird stuff, no matter who tuned it. It's just the life of it being a 10 speed, then also locking up, it's constantly doing something.

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
I do my own tuning in house, unless guys have someone they like to work with. The A10 is a goofy trans, can't say i've driven one that doesn't do some weird stuff, no matter who tuned it. It's just the life of it being a 10 speed, then also locking up, it's constantly doing something.
My last f150 was stock and it would miss gears occasionally when it was cold like 2nd was also neutral lol, this one is just annoying when driving normally, wot it’s great

Reactions: 01bluesnake

01bluesnake

D Mark Performance
TCG Sponsor
Jul 8, 2009
My last f150 was stock and it would miss gears occasionally when it was cold like 2nd was also neutral lol, this one is just annoying when driving normally, wot it’s great

Yeah, it's normal, they will skip shifts to avoid excessive shifting during normal driving. Can all be modified, but annoying non the less.

Reactions: Rent Free

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
BUMP! Just need to know how you talk so much shit on how big of a POS a ‘22 Mustang GT is, and it appears you sold the ZL1 to buy this very car?!?! ??
Are you fucking serious ???
If so, now we will hear how superior it is to the ZL1 like we heard about the ZL1 vs his Hellcat.

The Beast

TCG Elite Member
May 24, 2004
South beach
Real Name
Go Go
BUMP! Just need to know how you talk so much shit on how big of a POS a ‘22 Mustang GT is, and it appears you sold the ZL1 to buy this very car?!?! [emoji3061][emoji1787]

It’s kind of like Rent Free Rent Free hating on the mustang and just sucking every last drop of nut out of the Camaros and end up with a mustang. Whoops 3 mustangs

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2006
Lakemoor, IL
Whipple Headers fuel system, mid 9’s on stock suspension, it’s a tried and true recipe
And if that’s his reason, I completely understand. Easier than porter blower, E85 fuel system, big cam, and head work on the Chevy to get same results as a cookie cutter Mustang.

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2006
Lakemoor, IL
Confused, an upgraded blower was just installed on the ZL1 and it was getting dialed in.
Not anymore! Lol
Before we jump to conclusions let’s hear it from teh horses mouth.
I was doing some Sunday morning perusing of Mustang6g.com and already seent it from the horses mouth. Looks like the ‘22 he just picked up has/had the infamous Coyote BBQ tick. Talk about a kick to the nuts! Haha

The Beast

TCG Elite Member
May 24, 2004
South beach
Real Name
Go Go
Not anymore! Lol

I was doing some Sunday morning perusing of Mustang6g.com and already seent it from the horses mouth. Looks like the ‘22 he just picked up has/had the infamous Coyote BBQ tick. Talk about a kick to the nuts! Haha

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thread Info