TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
Regina Hall Popcorn GIF

Jeffs FRC

TCG Elite Member
Aug 10, 2006
Lakemoor, IL
A stock ass A10 5.0 is about .5 slower than a ZL1 in a quarter. Calling the car gutless is laughable. I feel like his review is juuuuuuust a touch bias. The thing we should be discussing is how this 45k car is going for 60k+

I guess if I got in a stock ZL1 it would feel like driving my wife’s minivan, so I guess I can see where he’s coming from.

Reactions: dpwalsh14 and Jon01

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
A stock ass A10 5.0 is about .5 slower than a ZL1 in a quarter. Calling the car gutless is laughable. I feel like his review is juuuuuuust a touch bias. The thing we should be discussing is how this 45k car is going for 60k+

I guess if I got in a stock ZL1 it would feel like driving my wife’s minivan, so I guess I can see where he’s coming from.
Would you be driving the minivan or the tow truck?? :s00ls::s00ls::s00ls:

• Haha
Reactions: Jeffs FRC

The Beast

TCG Elite Member
May 24, 2004
South beach
Real Name
Go Go
GM’s only decent sports car interior is the C8 and it’s still behind ze Germans. Camaro interiors are cheap looking and always have been that way.

It’s not that impressive with its c4 buttons running between the passenger and driver. The seats were just ok nothing to brag about. I’m sure the Z will be more upgraded. Now the Camaro I can not get passed the cluster looking like the same as a 21-22 spark, Colorado, Malibu, blazer, and trailblazer and that shit looks like 2001 all over again.

Reactions: IZZy

The Beast

TCG Elite Member
May 24, 2004
South beach
Real Name
Go Go
Gm, Ford and Dodge have all issues it’s nothing new and don’t think either one is superior than the other it’s been like that for years. Look at zx he went on and on how great the charger was and next thing u know he trades it in because it has issues and thinks it’s a piece of shit. I’m sure if u go on different forums u will find all kinds of issues with new cars in the past few years. But to say the car is a turd come on now it’s not that much slower than a zl1 stock to stock.

ZXMustang

Suh dude
Feb 19, 2019
Gm, Ford and Dodge have all issues it’s nothing new and don’t think either one is superior than the other it’s been like that for years. Look at zx he went on and on how great the charger was and next thing u know he trades it in because it has issues and thinks it’s a piece of shit. I’m sure if u go on different forums u will find all kinds of issues with new cars in the past few years. But to say the car is a turd come on now it’s not that much slower than a zl1 stock to stock.
Funny story. My old charger popped a check engine light right after it was traded in. Spent 45 days at the local Dodge dealer waiting for a new harness, a handful of injectors and another fuel pump. I know this because Im still attached to the Uconnect app for it and I get emails with the vehicle health report. I called the dealer it was at when the car finally moved again and they told me what was replaced.

I "dodged" a bullet with that car. They wouldn't say if it was covered under warranty. The car popped another check engine light and a brake system light as well a few days ago again. Its still not sold BTW, its at some luxury car dealer now.

DFCA2BEB-2E5B-48C5-A774-7C27C449B3B4.png

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Apr 6, 2005
Funny story. My old charger popped a check engine light right after it was traded in. Spent 45 days at the local Dodge dealer waiting for a new harness, a handful of injectors and another fuel pump. I know this because Im still attached to the Uconnect app for it and I get emails with the vehicle health report. I called the dealer it was at when the car finally moved again and they told me what was replaced.

I "dodged" a bullet with that car. They wouldn't say if it was covered under warranty. The car popped another check engine light and a brake system light as well a few days ago again. Its still not sold BTW, its at some luxury car dealer now.

View attachment 130935

We’ve moved on from your 30 seconds of ownership of a Hellcat.

Let’s stay focused on understanding $60K for a Mustang GT

The Beast

TCG Elite Member
May 24, 2004
South beach
Real Name
Go Go

View attachment 130935

But but when u first bought it was the greatest car ever built and king of the road and touched by GOD himself. Then u sell it and now it’s a piece of shit come on now . Like I said the big 3 have there issues and so do the rest of the manufactures. Trust me we just don’t have time to read all the nonsense about every car. No need to bash any of them imo.

The Beast

TCG Elite Member
May 24, 2004
South beach
Real Name
Go Go
We’ve moved on from your 30 seconds of ownership of a Hellcat.

Let’s stay focused on understanding $60K for a Mustang GT

A mach one is 56k starting how is a GT 60k msrp? Especially with a 10 speed if I recall the PP2 is only a 6 speed and that’s an expensive pkg and don’t quote me on this I don’t know all the mustang equipment. I just don’t care anymore.

Reactions: Jimy Bilmo

ZXMustang

Suh dude
Feb 19, 2019
But but when u first bought it was the greatest car ever built and king of the road and touched by GOD himself. Then u sell it and now it’s a piece of shit come on now . Like I said the big 3 have there issues and so do the rest of the manufactures. Trust me we just don’t have time to read all the nonsense about every car. No need to bash any of them imo.
I never said the charger hellcat was a piece of shit. MY old charger hellcat was a piece of shit. The hellcats are nice. I'd love to own both that and the ZL1, but thats a big stretch. But I still like the hellcats. They have that awesome powertrain and ability to make power for cheap. Granted they are rental cars with 700+ HP, but my opinions never changed.

I was never put off by the brand/model itself. You are making it sound like I was kissing its ass then completely shit talking the brand/model after. My personal experience is not common, but its getting more common the more these covid cars come off the line. QC has slipped on both the parts and workmanship. You are going to be fighting this for a few years with cars made from late 21-24 I bet. Same with electronics now. They are seeing more failures than ever on new products.

ZXMustang

Suh dude
Feb 19, 2019
A mach one is 56k starting how is a GT 60k msrp? Especially with a 10 speed if I recall the PP2 is only a 6 speed and that’s an expensive pkg and don’t quote me on this I don’t know all the mustang equipment. I just don’t care anymore.

Did you guys not read the post?? I laid it out.

Sticker was like $52k. There was a $5k ADM. $1995 addon package you could not avoid. $899 dealer fee, plus TTL. Say 8% Tax. You're at $60kish before tax is applied.

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Apr 6, 2005
I never said the charger hellcat was a piece of this. MY old charger hellcat was a piece of shit. They hellcats are nice. I'd love to own both that and the ZL1, but thats a big stretch. But I still like the hellcats. They have that awesome powertrain and ability to make power for cheap. Granted they are rental cars with 700+ HP, but my opinions never changed.

I was never put off by the brand/model itself. You are making it sound like I was kissing its ass then completely shit talking the brand/model after. My personal experience is not common, but its getting more common the more these covid cars come off the line. QC has slipped on both the parts and workmanship. You are going to be fighting this for a few years with cars made from late 21-24 I bet. Same with electronics now. They are seeing more failures than ever on new products.

I Have No Idea Whatever GIF by MOODMAN

Reactions: The Beast

The Beast

TCG Elite Member
May 24, 2004
South beach
Real Name
Go Go
I never said the charger hellcat was a piece of this. MY old charger hellcat was a piece of shit. They hellcats are nice. I'd love to own both that and the ZL1, but thats a big stretch. But I still like the hellcats. They have that awesome powertrain and ability to make power for cheap. Granted they are rental cars with 700+ HP, but my opinions never changed.

It hasn’t changed in 15 years it’s all the same crap even if u spend 20k or 180k they all have lots issues with electronics, engine failures and build quality.

ZXMustang

Suh dude
Feb 19, 2019
Doesn’t the mustang have the same trans as the zl1? I mean I get there’s tuning differences but it’s still the same hardware…..

Yeah I think they were developed together by GM and Ford. The ZL1 has the high TQ version of it but im sure its similar to the Ford one. And yeah I'd be positive that the tuning of the trans is far different.

The GT only had like 20 miles on it in all fairness, and I know LTFTs need to settle in and average out along with adaptives for the trans. But something was off. Maybe it was having issues. Didnt feel like it was broke or anything, just very scatter brained.

Lugging when it shouldnt be, then dropping a handful of gears to what felt way too high of an RPM for pedal input.

We tried it in Sport and S+ and with the shifter in D and S. It hit hard under WOT but again (sorry JEFEE) it was so flat and blah power wise.

Tie the numb driving experience with the absolute shit interior, it was a huge LOL over their prices and ADMs and all that crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thread Info