• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Dominick's Car

4DoorBlackTop

Addict
Sep 28, 2005
Dom, you need to filter that stuff out. The internet doesn't need to hear "She's a great lady, but Zack has never driven me to self mutualization.", (mutilation btw). She didn't MAKE you do it. When you DO mutilate yourself, start with your nutz. Hack em off for the world, k?:dancenana:I am being a dink, I hope you know, but, see, this is what responses you get when you do that. STOP!!! ;)

Zack! Was it so caked that air had trouble being cooled? I wonder what the IATs were???

Let me tell you something on life then we will go back on the subject of my car. You pretty much know what I wanna do with my life, with anytnng if you want a lot outta life you hae to face constant rejection and a whole lotta bullshit. No matter how much you put when no one else does you might get a result 1 outta 20 times you try. It will get to you. Now when you are on a time limit its even more stressful, as suppose tobuilding up your resume.

So many in this world have no balls or screwed themselves up at a young age. If its hae a kid too young or developing a bad habit. Its hard to stay outta trouble and keep focus on your goals, but it can be dome if you are responsible enough to handle the harshness of reality. Almost everyone I know my age or older hates their job or what they have become, the rest are happy and busy as can be to maintain that happiness.

Drinking or smoking to relieve stress is socially acceptable, harming one self for the same reason is "loony." Same purpose, its to forget about life for a while. Get your mind off of emotional pain and on to physical pain, it clears the mind, its a mind trick.

EDIT: nothing wrong with smoking or drinking, just not for me. Sorry if I waved the wrong flag.

I feel sorry for the people that have no balls and look back and say I should have done.... not saying I have big balls, but at least I am giving life everything I have. Its draining.

Back to the car. I cannot wait to get it back, but I wonder why the blower keeps leaking. I keep changing the oil.

Zack

4 Doors 4 Life
Mar 21, 2004
NW Indiana
Wow. More time spent on this turd that really should not have been necessary.
I have to brainwash myself into thinking EVERYTHING is wrong when working on someone elses car.
So, the problem was this:
Everytime I brought the rpm's up, I watched the hose from the oil filter housing to the thermostat COLLAPSE. NOT A LITTLE...ENTIRELY. WTF.

So I knew it had to come apart. I found whomever was the last persons to replace the crossover tube cleaned the holes without putting a rag in the head to catch the junk.
see exhibit A:
C360_2012-01-06-09-40-52.jpg

To top it off there was the WRONG thermostat installed and the middle was also filled with crud. See pic comparing wrong with right:
C360_2012-01-06-09-41-56.jpg

The one On the right is the correct unit, modified to be an exact duplicate of the popular 170* R*****E thermostat. Out of respect for his niche product, I will not tell you how its done, or how cheap and easy it is to do.

So now Dominick has a 170* stat and a hose that wont collapse under throttle. Can you say comedy of errors?

I also replaced all 8 coil boots. They were worn and can leak spark past the boot and cause a misfire. See comparison:
C360_2012-01-06-10-44-32.jpg

Part number:

C360_2012-01-06-10-45-43.jpg

It kills me to charge people for this kind of stuff, but I guess you can't put a value on doing something right.

guspech750

Guspech Superdriller
TCG Premium
Jan 23, 2010
North Aurora
Because its infinitely rebuildable as long as the impeller doesnt touch the housing.
It was done by supercharger rebuilds before this, now its going to Procharger.

Ahhhhhh. Ok. I get it now. I did not know that.

Man Zack. You sure have your hands full. If I were a religious man. I'd say a prayer for ya.

---
- Sent from my iPhone
Eaton Swap + 4.10's = Wreeeeeeeeeedom!!

Zack

4 Doors 4 Life
Mar 21, 2004
NW Indiana
Jebus Christ. That hose is STILL collapsing.

Ive never ran into this before. I do know that its a cheap hose that came with the procharger kit. Newer style hoses are made with a material that cant collapse.

I called around looking for a stainless steel spring to shove in the pipe but no one sells them anymore.

Makes me wonder if this hose has been collapsing since day 1......and on all the other procharger kits.

Anyone have any ideas why its collapsing?

RacerX

Regular
Nov 3, 2010
Holy crap batman! Hmmmm... Hey Zack, try putting a few band clamps on the hose to see if that keeps the hose from collapsing temporarily. Thos will hold the shape enough to keep it from collapsing. I can't belive this car ran as long as it did. Dom, you play the lottery? You should! ;)

4DoorBlackTop

Addict
Sep 28, 2005
I never gamble or invest in anything other than my own life. Which is the biggest risk one can take.

As far as the car running, I knew the car. I would ask for help whenever I had a major problem. I didn't know about all of these, but the car still running and going from Chicago to NYC in this condition 3 times wasn't just luck. Call me crazy, but I have a belief if you take care of a car to the best of your knowledge it will take care of you. Maybe I have watch The Love Bug (original) and Christine too many times, but I am tell you its true. You get to know your car, it will get to know you.

We all know Zack is the only person for a job like this. I wanted the best, Suzy (the Marauder) is getting the best.

4DoorBlackTop

Addict
Sep 28, 2005
B.S.!!! Shattered pistons???????? Dude, wake up! Unless you tell me Jesus himself went along for the ride... Pure luck, plain and simple.

I also kept feeding her Lukas. It sure works. I should contact them. Actually I am gonna be bored later so I might as well. Ever heard the song Jesus Built My Hot Rod? Ever seen Chsitine or The Love Bug? I guess like a ghost contact you wont understand until you know.

Btw I still drove it hard and street raced at every chane even in that condition. Ford quality ftw!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info