• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Dominick's Car

Zack

4 Doors 4 Life
Mar 21, 2004
NW Indiana
What a nightmare this is.
Car is about ready to run.
Last night I had the blower mounted (which doesnt line up for shit, I swear some spacers are not there or some hardware is missing.)
The procharger high speed idler is shot, gotta get 2 new bearings for it.

Mind you I just need to get this car out of the garage for our party Saturday night, so Im not too concerned with small stuff right now.

As I pulled the SC pipes out of the trunk to re-install them, I noticed a pool of oil on one of the bends (post intercooler) Great. The car came in with breathers so I know its not the pcv to blame. So, hoping not to have to blame the owner for not checking the easiest dipstick on the car, I pull the procharger dipstick.

Bone mothafuckin DRY. (The blower is leaking oil past the seal, into the charge pipes...AGAIN.)

It was 11pm at this point so I said this is crazy to keep up with this nonsensical project.
I took the blower off, used the power pipe and TB elbow and made a ghetto cold air intake. Tonight I will make a tune for the injectors and MAF, then fire it up.

Sadly, the Procharger has to go in before I will even consider installing it on the car. And all of the piping and intercooler will need to be tanked because its a fucking mess.

Damn shame really, this all could have been avoided.

Zack

4 Doors 4 Life
Mar 21, 2004
NW Indiana
I should have taken a picture of the intake manifold before I had it professionally cleaned.....the worst ever.

In additional to all this, both catalytic converters will need to be replaced. As the car sits in my garage, the exhaust is leaking oil from both sides, where the converters were welded to the mid pipe.

I havent been this dirty working on a car since I was a teenager.

chet3310

TCG Elite Member
Dec 21, 2008
I should have taken a picture of the intake manifold before I had it professionally cleaned.....the worst ever.

In additional to all this, both catalytic converters will need to be replaced. As the car sits in my garage, the exhaust is leaking oil from both sides, where the converters were welded to the mid pipe.

I havent been this dirty working on a car since I was a teenager.

Ditch the cats!

4DoorBlackTop

Addict
Sep 28, 2005
^^^ Take care of your MARAUDER Dom! Nothing wrong with driving your car hard just as long as you maintain it. If $$$ is an issue with maintenance take it easy then, Dom! Enjoy the ride cuz I know you missed it ^^^

I can do that stuff. I will just need to be informed on everytning I missed out on and how to prevent this again. Believe me I miss it.

4DoorBlackTop

Addict
Sep 28, 2005
The new wife must like that. :argue:

Believe me she knows Zack is more trustworthy than her. She's a great lady, but Zack has never driven me to self mutualization. I still don't trust anyone, but Zack is the only one I will LEAVE with the car. Married life has been great and is getting better. Nothing has changed. If anything has changed, it's me who's putting the dark days behind, but they still pop up, just not as often.

RacerX

Regular
Nov 3, 2010
Dom, you need to filter that stuff out. The internet doesn't need to hear "She's a great lady, but Zack has never driven me to self mutualization.", (mutilation btw). She didn't MAKE you do it. When you DO mutilate yourself, start with your nutz. Hack em off for the world, k?:dancenana:I am being a dink, I hope you know, but, see, this is what responses you get when you do that. STOP!!! ;)

Zack! Was it so caked that air had trouble being cooled? I wonder what the IATs were???

Zack

4 Doors 4 Life
Mar 21, 2004
NW Indiana
Dom, you need to filter that stuff out. The internet doesn't need to hear "She's a great lady, but Zack has never driven me to self mutualization.", (mutilation btw). She didn't MAKE you do it. When you DO mutilate yourself, start with your nutz. Hack em off for the world, k?:dancenana:I am being a dink, I hope you know, but, see, this is what responses you get when you do that. STOP!!! ;)

Zack! Was it so caked that air had trouble being cooled? I wonder what the IATs were???

No it wasn't that bad.

Maybe I shoulda said covered...or smothered....Damn I want waffle house.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info