Cubs "win" the world series...

Intel

TCG Elite Member
Oct 28, 2009
Palatine
For Sox fans it does.....That's all they have is 2005. What about 2006? Going from the World Series Champions to NOT making the playoffs talk about choking. A "franchise" team like the NY Yankees puts a solid team on the field year after year.

My 2012 prediction....both Chicago baseball teams are going to suck.

Using the Yankee's who have the highest payroll as an example of a franchise team... really?

White Sox spent around 75 million in 2005 where Yankee were spending close to 195 million. I believe the Sox spent 95 million in 2006 and the Yankees were still inching in on 200 million.

So just because we won one and didn't win another that one World Series doesn't mean anything?

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
It really doesn't matter if the Sox choked in 2006, 2007, 2008, whatever. The fact still remains that they won the World Series in 2005. That's all that matters. I was able to experience my team winning it all. The can't be said for any of you cubs fans, your fathers or your grand fathers.

TonzKnock-G

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 9, 2007
Shitcago
a69361d5-b199-f249.jpg

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
Yes, when you need the wins in September to make the playoffs. Like I said, look at the NY Giants this year. They peaked and that transitioned into the playoffs and ultimately a Superbowl win.

So does that mean the teams they beat choked? I could say the same about the Twins and Tigers, they peaked towards the end of the 2006 season.

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
The Sox had a terrible 2nd half in 2005 compared to the first half and they won a Championship. Whoever gets hot right before the playoffs has a better chance but an April win is still just as good as a September win.

This is one of many reasons I'm happy Ozzie is gone, he could never understand this concept. Early in the year, if the Sox are doing well, and win the first 2 out of 3 in a series, he literally sits half the starters for the third game, as if he's just conceding because the team won that series already. Shit used to PISS ME OFF. Rack up as many wins as possible, period.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info