Cubs "win" the world series...

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
Are you fucking kidding me. I HATE the Cubs, I celebrated when they lost in 2008. I hope they never win.

Turk, we may be friends after all. I went crazy in 2003 when they chocked and in 2007. 2008 I actually pulled for them because I would love to see a redline series. Seeing the Sox beat the scrubs in the W.S. would be epic. If the scrubs won a crosstown WS I would move out of Chicago.

IF the cubs ever win will not celebrate at all.

Smokinhot

3-man rules!!!!
Jul 4, 2007
Lansing, IL
Real Name
IM me if you wanna know more ;)
:bowrofl:

I don't know if the city of Chicago and CPD could handle the chaos that would follow a Cubs world series win. The Bulls won all the time and I remember that one year people were out flipping cars in the street.

:fy: the bulls first 3-peat, it was awesome watching the idiots from the comfort of out living room :rofl:

The city of Chicago would get ripped to shreds if there was ever a crosstown WS, especially a 7-gamer :rofl:

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
One year doesn't make a franchise.

For Sox fans it does.....That's all they have is 2005. What about 2006? Going from the World Series Champions to NOT making the playoffs talk about choking. A "franchise" team like the NY Yankees puts a solid team on the field year after year.

My 2012 prediction....both Chicago baseball teams are going to suck.

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
For Sox fans it does.....That's all they have is 2005. What about 2006? Going from the World Series Champions to NOT making the playoffs talk about choking. A "franchise" team like the NY Yankees puts a solid team on the field year after year.

My 2012 prediction....both Chicago baseball teams are going to suck.

Jason, it just shows how dumb you Cubs fans are. The Sox won 90 games in 2006, yeah, they really chocked. The great 2003 Cubs only won 88 games, the Cubs have only won 90 or more games ONCE since 1990 so EAT ME.

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
And yes, both teams are going to suck this year, the difference is, I have seen multiple posts on facebook like this, "OMG, Theo Epstein just said that the only Cubs goal is to win the WS, and if the Cubs don't, its a failure, OMG, this is going to be such a great season!" Are you fucking kidding me? The goal has always been to win a world series for every team but the Cubs apparently, 2012 is the first year the Cubs are actually trying to win rofl.

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
Jason, it just shows how dumb you Cubs fans are. The Sox won 90 games in 2006, yeah, they really chocked. The great 2003 Cubs only won 88 games, the Cubs have only won 90 or more games ONCE since 1990 so EAT ME.

The 2006 WS won most of their games in the first half of the season and then choked in the second. Look it up. They choked in 2006, that's a 100% FACT

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
And yes, both teams are going to suck this year, the difference is, I have seen multiple posts on facebook like this, "OMG, Theo Epstein just said that the only Cubs goal is to win the WS, and if the Cubs don't, its a failure, OMG, this is going to be such a great season!" Are you fucking kidding me? The goal has always been to win a world series for every team but the Cubs apparently, 2012 is the first year the Cubs are actually trying to win rofl.

The Pittsburgh Pirates would beg to differ

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
The 2006 WS won most of their games in the first half of the season and then choked in the second. Look it up. They choked in 2006, that's a 100% FACT

Dude, you are a fucking moron. The Twins won 96 games that year and the Tigers won 95 games. 90 wins in 2006 was enough to win 2 divisions in the minor lea... I mean national league and the fucking wild card. We play in the AL, where there's actually competition. It's fucking hard to win the division when our entire division goes 15-5 against the NL every single year in interleague play. Don't think the AL is harder, just ask Adam Done.

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
Dude, you are a fucking moron. The Twins won 96 games that year and the Tigers won 95 games. 90 wins in 2006 was enough to win 2 divisions in the minor lea... I mean national league and the fucking wild card. We play in the AL, where there's actually competition. It's fucking hard to win the division when our entire division goes 15-5 against the NL every single year in interleague play. Don't think the AL is harder, just ask Adam Done.

So did they or didn't they make the playoffs? I am not sure what you are arguing unless you have some time machine that goes back and somehow changes history.

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2006-09-19/news/0609190312_1_cubs-fan-choke-big-hurt

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
At least they have an excuse, they have no money. Jason, you crack me up. In 2006 if the Sox were in the NL, they would have had the second best record in the entire league, yet according to you they "choked". Moron.

The WS don't play in the NL so that irrelavant. Wait, didn't an NL team,the Cardinals, win the WS in 2006.....moron.

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
The WS don't play in the NL so that irrelavant. Wait, didn't an NL team,the Cardinals, win the WS in 2006.....moron.

We're going to base how good an entire league is on just one series when instead, we can base it on thousands of series being played since interleague started and the AL has absolutely dominated the NL.

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
90 wins Jason, 90 of them. A win in April is worth as much as a win in September, so I don't care what their record was the first and second half, cause it all adds up to one GOOD season.

That makes zero sense. They needed wins towards the back half to make the playoffs. Wins mean nothing if you don't make the playoffs. Look at the Packers this year (they made the playoffs) vs. the NY Giants.

The White Sox choked in 2006.....Look at the data.

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
That makes zero sense. They needed wins towards the back half to make the playoffs. Wins mean nothing if you don't make the playoffs. Look at the Packers this year (they made the playoffs) vs. the NY Giants.

The White Sox choked in 2006.....Look at the data.

So a win in September is worth more than one in April? Ozzie Guillen, is that you???

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
At least they have an excuse, they have no money. Jason, you crack me up. In 2006 if the Sox were in the NL, they would have had the second best record in the entire league, yet according to you they "choked". Moron.

It's not that they just had no money, they consistently put out teams with low payrolls just so they could profit off the owner profit sharing, and had no intentions of winning

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info