Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Update....zero regrets so far...I never realized how little I actually watch live tv. I havent missed it at all. Also, the stream quality 100% shits all over DTV...not even close.

Only real gripes I have are the guide could still be better and (my major one) the audio needs to be normalized across ALL content. Starz, for example, is super quiet...while FX & HBO are normal volume...I find myself constantly having to adjust the audio based on what channel I'm watching and often find myself having to crank my receiver to the max just to hear dialog...

Hulu STILL broadcasts in 2.0 vs 5.1 in some cases when it can and it shows.

But so far, very happy w/ the switch.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Its so annoying. So far, thankfully, it really only seems to be an issue with Starz and SyFy. I havent noticed it when watching Billions or some other shows. I should really check HBO...I cant be having GOT sounding like poo poo.

oliverblack77

Nov 4, 2018
I'm not surprised. Cable TV is expensive and doesn't provide people with such possibilities as internet TV does. Personally I cut the cord several months ago and started using Firestick. There are many apps I can install to watch what I want. Speaking about streaming cable TV, I found great apps https://www.firestickhow.com/best-firestick-apps.html . They allow me to watch plenty of channels without having to pay a cent.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info