Canceled Directv

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
Got ride of directv over a year ago. Got Sling TV. Recently (a few months ago) I no longer get HBO since AT&T are bastards, but I pay $65/month for practically every channel and dvr plus the $70/month I pay AT&T for gig internet. There's a couple local channels I don't get but on Roku there's an app called LoCast where you get all the local channels for free (fox, CBS, NBC, WGN, ect).

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
So I thought I only signed a 12 month lease and its a 24 month. Which has me in until next February. I assume I cannot just change to internet only without paying the termination fee?

I thought the same thing, until I tried to change, and they were more than happy to assist :dunno:

Specifically asked about any fees or charges for downgrading service, and the rep said there were none. Worth a shot IMO

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
hot damn. I know at one point I was paying almost 200 for Comcast for the triple play and basic movie channels. No Showtime or HBO, but Starz and other crap like that. I finally got it down to 98 and change for just basic digital with DVR and blast internet, but last year they crept it back up to 133 after taxes and thats what is getting me. Channels we want but dont get and channels we dont watch. Is silly to even offer packages anymore. Everyone is going a la carte.

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
hot damn. I know at one point I was paying almost 200 for Comcast for the triple play and basic movie channels. No Showtime or HBO, but Starz and other crap like that. I finally got it down to 98 and change for just basic digital with DVR and blast internet, but last year they crept it back up to 133 after taxes and thats what is getting me. Channels we want but dont get and channels we dont watch. Is silly to even offer packages anymore. Everyone is going a la carte.

Mine was without internet. It was only for sat with almost all channels. Only discount they offered was $22/off for all 3 major premium channels.

Reason why my wife and I chose Sling is for the channels they offer in the packages we chose. Some of the kids channels that we use daily and some of the channels we watch frequently. So to us it was the most bang for the buck.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
I hate that comcast is the only provider for internet a lot of places, they have everyone by the balls and they know it.

yeah that's where I'm screwed- there are 0 other options.

Just cancelled my Comcast TV portion, and kept internet, 150 mbps for $49.99

Was a super easy process...Comcast customer service has improved by light years

what route did you take? like howd you get that to happen

GLADIATOR

aka STROKE-KING
TCG Premium
Mar 29, 2004
New Lenox IL
We are stuck with Comcast for internet. We were going to do internet only and use a streaming service but in my case I would have saved very little. Comcast offered an online special for everything all channels and 250 mbps for $169 before taxes. We took it. Our son uses Comcast on campus and we share Netflix and Prime. Works for us and we have everything!

wombat

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Sep 29, 2007
WI
Ill be curious to see if I get hassled at all going forward...cause I'll definitely start bumping up against the 1tb "cap" without a doubt.

They don't care if you go over the cap, they charge you :rofl: $10/50gb over capping at +$200 total.

I'm paying comcast $99/mo w/ unlimited data @ 150mbps. Would be $49.99 w/o unlimited. Of course since I added unlimited in Jan, I haven't gone over since :rofl:

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
:rofl:

fucking broad i wound up with on chat told me i had to call.

I'm going in.

welp. that got me nowhere. an hour of dicking around on chat, "best" she could do was 150mbps/1xx channels for 69.99 a month... but that's not HD, and that's no DVR... and that's one TV...

Go to two TV's... add 9.95 a month... add dvr... add 9.95 a month... add HD... add 9.95 a month.

all of a sudden it's at $13x.xx :rofl:

Wouldn't give me any better deal than i have now on internet which is 150mbps for 64.99 before tax fees/72 something after.

They know they're the only kid in town where I'm at I feel.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Aw, shucks!
We appreciate your interest in MetroNet's 100% Fiber Optic services, but we're not providing service in your area. Please register now and we'll be sure to let you know if we plan to extend our services into your neighborhood.

If you have recently built a house within our serviceable area, please call us at 1-844-805-5623.
k

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
Dumping Comcrap internet in about 15 minutes. Guy from Metronet is calling me back with 1G/250M fiber for $59/month promotion for a year. It goes up to $89/month after that. That's way cheaper than I'm paying for 300M cable now.

As has been said before, be careful with the fiber promises. Most companies say "FIBER INTERNET" but it's only fiber to a junction box blocks away, and the rest of the way is copper. AT&T tried to pull that shit to me last year. If they are coming in on the phone jack, it's not fiber. AT&T also promised me Gig up and down, and the install guy came out and said I'd be lucky to get 50 down and 15 up

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info