CALLING DR PANDA & TOMMYGLOVES - STEP INSIDE

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
I'd be down for that. Wed or Thurs evening available? I'll already be in that neck of the woods too. :hsugh:

Thursday would be good. Although I don't think I can be of much help as I have no DHPT. Tommy would be most helpful in your situation. I think using a PT is our best bet because it does not require a file to be licensed. You can try to have a tach2 write a new file to the car, but I think the problem is the physical PCM.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Thursday would be good. Although I don't think I can be of much help as I have no DHPT. Tommy would be most helpful in your situation. I think using a PT is our best bet because it does not require a file to be licensed. You can try to have a tach2 write a new file to the car, but I think the problem is the physical PCM.

ZZP uses HPT to write their PCMs. Then you used a PT to reset it. Then tried using HPT again. That PCM is probably so confused it is not even funny. A Tech II is the best bet IMO.

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL

Mr Gloves down for Thursday too? We thinking Lukes, or will I be coming to you guys somewhere in Rolling Ghettos?

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
HA! I have another PCM, Joe. But it doesn't have the correct VIN loaded on it.

so what... my car had the incorrect vin pcm in it fo ev a

I know KJ had the same problem. I'm pretty sure he ended up having to get a Tech II reflash done...

i took it to my buddy who worked at the crystal lake- pontiac- and he just flashed it back to stock free.

Call hptuners and tell them what's up. It's like an hour drive for you down 12 to lake cook. Or you could call Casper electonics in mundelien. They have a tech 2 I've used for free a few times.

hptuners will telll you that it needs to be flashed stock.

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
ZZP uses HPT to write their PCMs. Then you used a PT to reset it. Then tried using HPT again. That PCM is probably so confused it is not even funny. A Tech II is the best bet IMO.

Whats the difference? A bin file is a bin file. I did a full write over the ZZP 1.0 with the DHP. I have read and write my own PCM file with BOTH a DHP and HPT with no issues.

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
It shouldnt be that hard. They do not write the same way. Hell, one sees paramiters that the other doesnt and vice versa.

So you say they both read and write different but cant explain how, or whats different?

(My car was previously tuned with a DHP PT) When I first got my HP Tuner I used the PT to write a stock file unto the car, overwriting my old tune (full write). I did this because I wasn't sure how the HPT licensing works and wanted to license the file that was on the car and not just a file from my computer that I wanted to write to the pcm. I read the stock PCM file (on the car) and licensed it with the HPT. I made some changes to the bin and uploaded the new changed bin to the car with HPT (Partial write). Next I wanted todo a VE tune, but the table modifier does not work with VE tuning for HPT. After a bit of fucking around with it. I scanned with the PT, did a VE tune with the table modifier, then uploaded the changes with the PT (partial write). THEN read the PCM with the HPT. I continued to make changes and tune with the HPT to this day.

So until someone tells me how these tuners read and write differently, and why this is a problem. I will continue to think using both the PT and HPT will not cause the PCM to get confused. Like I said, I have had no issues using both on the same car/pcm file.

TommyGloves

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 23, 2007
CHICAGO
Real Name
Tom Glover
Eagle - I need you to look on the bottom of your PCM and give me the Hardware ID/Service ID along with your VIN. I'll try to get you a stock cal matched to your vin. I have spare PCMs here at the house. We can just swap out PCMs once I meet up with you guys.

I believe the stock 99 bin that I gave to Panda might not have a valid serial # (different than VIN and OSID) and that is why it is not working.

I'm going to try and flash a PCM after I post this to see if we need a TechII or not. I can stop by and talk with Justin. He is on my way to work.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info