Gaming Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (2019 soft reboot)

Spivitz

The Throttle is ur friend
TCG Premium
Oct 5, 2012
So just now, fucking killing it on the gun game, 15 kills, im #1

All happy then Poof
Lost connection to the host
Fuckers

Fuck COD

20200212_174245.jpg

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
So just now, fucking killing it on the gun game, 15 kills, im #1

All happy then Poof
Lost connection to the host
Fuckers

Fuck COD

View attachment 50456
Although it's supposed to be "dedicated servers".

That pretty much explains the horrible lag I had last night. Saw an enemy, started shooting him point blank except he's frozen, then I die. Reminds me exactly of the lag switching days.

RedBeard

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 19, 2009
Windsor, CO
Must be an issue with the Midwest region connection to the servers. I’m having no issues with connection.
I picked up the battle pass + 20 levels. The Sig 556 is kinda meh, maybe I need to unlock some more of the attachments but not loving it. New supermarket map is cool but I preferred shipment 24/7 over Rust 24/7.

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
Must be an issue with the Midwest region connection to the servers. I’m having no issues with connection.
I picked up the battle pass + 20 levels. The Sig 556 is kinda meh, maybe I need to unlock some more of the attachments but not loving it. New supermarket map is cool but I preferred shipment 24/7 over Rust 24/7.
I also liked shipment over rust. But because rust is the new map.... They have to kind of push it. I didn't have many issues tonight. As assumed yesterday, I think it was just a bombardment of the servers being hammered.

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
It's been leaked already and some players played solo via some glitch that gave a BR mode unlocked for them. But I know some of those videos have been pulled.

I do want to play Infected Ground War. That'll be interesting to play a 200 player big map of infected. Not sure when they'll release that but it's supposed to be in Season 2 as well.

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
I liked that game mode in BO4. It was hectic as crap near the end. 70 zombies running after a few survivors lol
In BO1, we would play it in private matches. One person would be Michael Myers, then if you died, you switched teams. Right now my brothers and I play private matches and play sticks & stones (crossbows and throwing knives). It's fun on small maps.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike

According to a new rumor, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare's heavily rumored battle royale mode -- reportedly called Warzone -- is releasing on March 10 via the PS4, Xbox One, and PC. Further, it will be free-to-play and be its own separate client, meaning you won't need to own Modern Warfare to play it. The rumor further alleges that it will be squads only, so if you were hoping to play it solo or with one other person, it looks like you won't be able to, at least not at launch. That said, this does explain the rumored 200-player count.

The rumor also claims that the trailer is ready, and that it will be revealed either today or on Monday. Obviously, it's not going to be revealed today, so if this rumor is true, then the game/mode will be revealed after the weekend.

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
I’ll believe it when I see it. “Leaks and speculation” said it was releasing this week. Nothing happened. We need to keep in mind none of this has ever been confirmed by the game creators. It’s literally all been speculation since day 1. With the hopes it is true because it’s about the only thing that will save this game .

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
I’ll believe it when I see it. “Leaks and speculation” said it was releasing this week. Nothing happened. We need to keep in mind none of this has ever been confirmed by the game creators. It’s literally all been speculation since day 1. With the hopes it is true because it’s about the only thing that will save this game .
I don't think it'll be something that "will save the game". Plenty of people still play the game. Including myself. I've been playing at least 4 days out of the week, and a few hours minimum each time.

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
I don't think it'll be something that "will save the game". Plenty of people still play the game. Including myself. I've been playing at least 4 days out of the week, and a few hours minimum each time.

I mean save it from dying off like a lot of cod games. It’s played until about July/August and then sort of falls off.

Bo4 is still great in my opinion. Loved how flawless that battle royal ran from the start on.

Reactions: importcrew

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
I mean save it from dying off like a lot of cod games. It’s played until about July/August and then sort of falls off.

Bo4 is still great in my opinion. Loved how flawless that battle royal ran from the start on.
Ah. I see what you're saying. Usually when I used to start getting bored of Cod games, I'd start messing around with friends and not take the game seriously and have fun. We'd all make a riot shield class and camp out in corners, trap campers with riot shields, try setting our own challenges, ect.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Its official.

Free to play, no MW needed.

Solos, Duos and Squads. 150 player count.

Notes from Reddit -

- Massive map, contains old maps such as Terminal, Scrapyard, Overgrown, Broadcast and some new areas. Chaos said it feels like you're never in a reskinned/copy pasted area. There are snowy areas.

-Free to play, no MW required but there is crossplay and saved progression.

- Player count of 150 but may possibly increase, solo's, duo's and trios.

- Weapon looting is guns only. No attachments, unless from supply drops. Health regeneration looks automatic.

- Two game modes - Main Warzone mode and then Plunder which is a respawn mode (seems to be cash based from the leaks)

-Features a Squad Leader jump-master thing, similar to Apex Legends (Squad leader, and leadership can be passed). You can see the cash of your team mates.

-The map is visually stunning according to Chaos, and when jumping, there is 3D text on top of the locations. There seems like a fair bit of verticality, especially in Downtown areas.

-Equipping armor plate seems almost instant.

-HUD has red dots, unsure if this is past/historic gunfire.

-There is a tactical map which shows the circle timer, Gulag matches etc.

-Vehicles include ATV, SUV, HELI, CARGO TRUCK and TAC ROVER.

-Locations - Dam, Miltary Base, Quarry, Airport, TV Station, Storage Town, Superstore, Boneyard, Train Station, Hospital, Downtown, Stadium, Lumber, Farmland, Prison (Gulag), Park, Port, Promenade East and West, Hills.

-Altitude meter, seems like you drop rapidly. You can cancel parachuting. Flares included when doing so.

- You spawn with a pistol, I counted 4-5 hits to down someone. 50 XP for downing, 500 XP for a kill.

-Two hitmarkers to kill in a downed state.

-Armor is automatic after equipping plates, seems like you can have up to 5. (Triangle to build).

-There are contracts with money, confirming the leaks e.g. collecting three crates.

-Ammo seems dumbed down, Assault rifle/LMG box x30.

-After killing a player, the loot just drops. There are no bags or going through the list of inventory like Blackout.

-Pinging returns, pinging locations, dangerous areas, enemy contact etc.

-I noticed when guns are picked up, the relevant ammo is next to it. Doesn't seem like you're going to be looking around too much for ammo drops.

-Loadout drops (like care packages), blueprints with weapon staches/caches - with a rarity symbol, I saw 3 out of 5 circles, maybe a reference to how many attachments equipped.

-Safe zone is gas, Chaos says the game plays/feels fast.

-Unsure of the maximum ammo count but at one point Chaos has 20/210 clipped for the SCAR.

-Lethals such as claymores, mines and grenades return.

-You can request buy back from squad to redeploy, and of course you can buy respawn tokens with the cash you earn.

-Ground war maps return (not much news).

-You get minimal ammo for the guns you pick up, just the one magazine.

-There are bounties, eliminating specific players - possibly MVP, rewarding cash. This is on a countdown.

-Gulag sequence is important. If you're killed or captured(?) you're a Prisoner of warzone, and taken to the prison cells. This has it's own animation.

-You watch others fight in the Gulag (extended version of the Gunfight map) in a 1v1 and there is a countdown until your turn.

-You can see this in realtime, so you can make callouts for your teammates, and even throw rocks at the enemy.

-Gulag 1v1 seems like randomised classes like Gunfight - example was Crossbow with Origin secondary, C4 and flash.

-Easter eggs all over map, Chaos gives the example of TV's showing Mile High Club mission.

-Vehicle controls seem smooth, unlike Blackout. Maybe the same as GW. Chaos recommends helicopters.

-Team mates can drop loot (duh).

-Revive team seems like five seconds, stim animation.

-Chaos says one of his concerns his killstreak spam, they can be bought and during the final circles, there were airstrike spam (there is a warning).

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info