Cadillac CTS-V or Chevrolet SS? for $30k (poll)

CTS-V or SS

• CTS-V

Votes: 34 59.6%
  • SS

Votes: 23 40.4%

• Total voters

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
so i hadn't replied or voted cuz i wanted to think about this some.

it's tough.

the basic mod'd cts-v is so crazy enticing... stupid power reliably and "easy"

im one of few who like how the coupes look and one of many enthusiasts who love the wagons.... the premium on the wagon's scare me away though from them. and the 4 doors just have such a MEH look to them...

i love the SS's. but i hadn't thought about the "holden factor" the i love gto's and g8's but im hesitant about going for one because of parts availability in the future...

the other thing that does pop into my mind though are the hemi cars... 6.4 scat pack/srt etc stuff.

but im assuming since [MENTION=12]Bru[/MENTION], you know all too well about the FCA products, their reliability issues make you shy away? or perhaps lack of driving fun? i dunno.

id really want to drive one as a comparison. i love how "america" they are. loud, heavy, quick, etc.

fuck i wish we got a RWD performance coyote powered 4door from ferd. falcon style.

as [MENTION=396]Mike K[/MENTION] mentioned, i'd really want to look at the bmw stuff as well. [MENTION=12]Bru[/MENTION] you said the v8 m3's like [MENTION=239]Turk[/MENTION] had, but i haven't looked into reliability stuff with them.

i want an ugly panamera right now though fo tha hata's.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
4wd cloth 6.2 extended cab split bench 1500 gmc.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/183002876449?ul_noapp=true

s-l500.jpg

Wrong Thread? :hs:

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
My buddy bought an orange blast 6-speed magne ride SS last year. I struggle to find anything bad to say about it. I’m one of the weird people that love the styling of the SS. To me bland/sleeper-esque>loud shouty styling all day.

I love the idea of the V coupe and wagon but absolutely hate the styling. I much prefer the 4-door styling, but even then, it’s meh. The performance and mod-ability over the SS is really enticing though.

I’d have to re-drive the FCA LX cars. I really didn’t like how they drove when they first came out, but I’m hoping that changed over the years. I like the styling, but from a reliability standpoint they are just not a choice.

With [MENTION=19]Yaj Yak[/MENTION] Ford needs to finally come out with a proper RWD sedan. Bonus points for basing it off the S550 Mustang chassis and throwing the Coyote in it. I was hoping that’s what the new Continental would be, but no dice.

If it was my money (and it very well could be in a couple years) I’m going with the SS. [MENTION=396]Mike K[/MENTION] and KJ really opened my eyes to the 535 and parts costs, which really throws a wrench in my beliefs. To me, the battle is a tuned 535 vs a magneride SS.

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
so i hadn't replied or voted cuz i wanted to think about this some.

it's tough.

the basic mod'd cts-v is so crazy enticing... stupid power reliably and "easy"

im one of few who like how the coupes look and one of many enthusiasts who love the wagons.... the premium on the wagon's scare me away though from them. and the 4 doors just have such a MEH look to them...

i love the SS's. but i hadn't thought about the "holden factor" the i love gto's and g8's but im hesitant about going for one because of parts availability in the future...

the other thing that does pop into my mind though are the hemi cars... 6.4 scat pack/srt etc stuff.

but im assuming since [MENTION=12]Bru[/MENTION], you know all too well about the FCA products, their reliability issues make you shy away? or perhaps lack of driving fun? i dunno.

id really want to drive one as a comparison. i love how "america" they are. loud, heavy, quick, etc.

fuck i wish we got a RWD performance coyote powered 4door from ferd. falcon style.

as [MENTION=396]Mike K[/MENTION] mentioned, i'd really want to look at the bmw stuff as well. [MENTION=12]Bru[/MENTION] you said the v8 m3's like [MENTION=239]Turk[/MENTION] had, but i haven't looked into reliability stuff with them.

i want an ugly panamera right now though fo tha hata's.

My take on the SRT’s and Scat Packs is that they’re not well-rounded enough in terms of handling and braking. Too little tire for its weight and too little brakes. Even the best handling LX, the widebody Hellcat, which I’ve driven on the Indy F1 course, is still nose-heavy, doesn’t have great brakes and is more of a straight-line car.

ktraver97ss

I say what everyone thinks
Aug 29, 2007
Roselle, IL
I have been going back and forth between these 2 for some time now. I have always wanted a V but now that the prices are dropping and I'm in a place to make a move, I have become bored with the styling and old interior design. Now, for me this would be a bit more than a weekend cruiser, basically something I would drive on anytime going out with the family and what not. I have a company vehicle and my truck for work duty and hauling shit.
I never drive the SS anymore so the plan is to put it up for sale in spring and get something with four doors for more whores, or kids. lol I detailed the below SS this summer and really liked it, and with the holden touches I think it looks better. With a different set of wheels I think it can be a great looking car.
21432836_10154719146706536_8757673658513433594_n.jpg

However, I mentioned in another thread, the '14 Audi S6's have caught my attention lately. Far superior interior, classy looking exterior, and can look really good with black optics package, and RS6 grill. Awd will be nice to have in the winter and to not worry about traction. Plus with an apr stage 2 tune and down pipe they are putting down like 600hp/700tq. I was surprised they could be acquired for this amount of currency as well. https://www.truecar.com/used-cars-for-sale/listing/WAUF2BFC3EN074571/2014-audi-s6/

EliteMS82214_26.jpg

sepang_s6_1.jpg

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
I love those rims on the SS, and that color. I didn’t like the 16-17s at first, but am now on board. Especially with a different set of wheels. Even though the changes were minimal, they made it look five years newer.

HellPIG

TCG Elite Member
Sep 13, 2012
Mount Prospect
I went 10.7 with just over 600rwhp. Cai, upper/lower pulley, drag radials, headers with high flow cats, stock catback on pump gas. E85 wasn't as "regular" as it was 5 years ago.

My next plans for the car before selling were to port the blower, upgrade the cooling setup for the blower, and then tune for E85 as well. Would of been a low 10's daily driver.

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
I went 10.7 with just over 600rwhp. Cai, upper/lower pulley, drag radials, headers with high flow cats, stock catback on pump gas. E85 wasn't as "regular" as it was 5 years ago.

My next plans for the car before selling were to port the blower, upgrade the cooling setup for the blower, and then tune for E85 as well. Would of been a low 10's daily driver.

Why did you sell?

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
Shit, that's like a concert hall full of voices...

I went with the SS, because I are a Holden nutswinger. Yea, I'm a V nutswinger too, but one thing I worry about with mine is having "Cadillac Problems", I.E. electronic gremlins as they age. See my driveshaft woes I posted about before. Now some of that is eliminated with a GM SBC and running gear vs. my fancy N* based shit, but still... Also, Holden cars tend to be put together VERY well. I mean physically SCREWED together. Not silly press-fit, Christmas tree connectors and shit slapped together, which there is a lot of on my V (lower body cladding, mesh grills, etc).

Thread Info