Bully-flo Racing and Kevin Yates heads

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
I asked Yates about his crank hp claim he said he built an adapter for an engine dyno, possibly his engine dyno and had a company make a harness for a 3800 to run on it, I haven't seen proof but he says he actually engine dynod his 3800

ive looked at it with Opel, its fairly easy to adapt it, engine harness is fairly easy as well. in fact im working on a stand alone harness/fuel can so I can run my engines on the stand.

I wanna be able to dyno test the 80e's though

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
the dyno is the 442 dummy :rofl:
the rear powerplant module is going to have everything mounted to it. the whole point is that during the winter/etc we can remove the rear cradle, hookup power, fuel and brakes and we will be able to easily test engines/transmissions.

and ive always wanted a 3800 gtp trike

the car is rotten from the firewall back, i can pickup a junk cycle frame and make a trike.

im going to scrap the shell and keep the minty motor and trans, this would let me "drive" the cradle to the backyard for it to sit

The Broken Regal

BITE BITE, SIP SIP
TCG Premium
Jun 26, 2007
Wheaton
these morons on fb have people going nuts for their products, people are eating it up like cake. I can't wait to see these 4xxwhp m90 setups, but cost ten grand

They claim you need a built and balanced block over 6200 and the bottom ends only hold 500 crank or something

I posted well then just make 600+ at 5800, problem solved... they haven't replied when ever I bring that up.

Unreal that people are going to put thousands into the engines in these cars, all the money should be in the trans and even then there is only so much you can do.

Don't get me wrong their products look amazing, I just can't stand the sales pitch they have and their secrecy on the builds, while banning any 3800 person even with experience who hints at them being wrong

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
ive seen as much as .010 disparity between stem heights even on lower mile OEM heads. the worst was the IS3/IS4 heads for the Riv....with VSR on the exhausts causing us to get 3 different length pushrods to get between .010-.020 lifter preload. bronze guides were in fine shape when we got em with about 10k miles.

far too often i see folks dont spend enough time to scrub parts down, and are still in the "a dab of white lithium grease" lubrication camp.
my "customers" are lucky if i dont use two cans of brake cleaner per head....after scrubbing with kerosene. a high moly assembly lube, spread through the guide to make sure all lube reservoirs are full before slapping the valves in.
dipping the end of the valve and sliding em in doesnt work quite the same.

lol @ the core shift

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info