Bully-flo Racing and Kevin Yates heads

jdredd

Addict
Jan 29, 2014
we learneded our lesson, 1/2mile cruises, dyno, then risk breaking shit at the 1/4

Once my turd is up and going again, have to hit dyno first.

Now that I am on the 2.93's, I really want to try out the 1/2 mile.

There is to be one in Indiana I hear later on this year that I'd like
to make it to, but that depends on ever seeing the car again.

he post specs or at least rough specs?

The cliffs notes is Kevin and Chris are all: "Look at our cams, they are so awesome, but don't ask me for one because your setups are too weak to run them"

All kinds of lift and duration, stock LSA.

T&D machine 1.7 roller rockers and crower hydraulic roller lifters set at .007 preload.
Exhaust lift @ 1.6 ratio= 559
Exhaust lift @ 1.7 ratio= 594
Intake lift @ 1.6 ratio= 578
Intake lift @ 1.7 ratio= 614
Intake Duration @ .50= 225 in. degrees
Ex. Duration @ .50 = 233 inch degrees
Lobe separation angle 115 degrees
Overlap = -1.0 degrees

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
um....only at rpm's below it's blossoming powerband. the whole point is to use the exhaust momentum to completely clear the chamber, fuel losses be damned.
bbv delete at a 850 rpm idle that thing did not like to be alive. idle inj on time increased after the bbv delete, blower ran over 100* cooler.
the animul pre IC bypass was quite terrible, seems whipple figured that out as all their shit is post ic to keep from building up heat in the screws/housing as it reciculates

the wideband and the plugs jived at the track when the riv was at WOT the whole run. I know at idle it ran best at 22to1 afr, and smelled like the asylum took over the distillery's barrel house at idle, but even after we deleted the bbv to solve the housing heat distortion issue, the tune over 3k didn't change much beyond steady cruise. you can see in the vids that it always blew flames from the exhaust loading up at idle, eric always loved to scare the shit outta people, the flowbastards were quite good fuel traps.

that thing sucked till it hit 3k, but it never mattered since it always spun em if he laid into it too hard unless he was moving.

god I mis that car, all he needs is a new snout and tb plenum and he's able to put it all in the fiero

if he ever works on it

um....only at rpm's below it's blossoming powerband. the whole point is to use the exhaust momentum to completely clear the chamber, fuel losses be damned.
bbv delete at a 850 rpm idle that thing did not like to be alive. idle inj on time increased after the bbv delete, blower ran over 100* cooler.
the animul pre IC bypass was quite terrible, seems whipple figured that out as all their shit is post ic to keep from building up heat in the screws/housing as it reciculates

the wideband and the plugs jived at the track when the riv was at WOT the whole run. I know at idle it ran best at 22to1 afr, and smelled like the asylum took over the distillery's barrel house at idle, but even after we deleted the bbv to solve the housing heat distortion issue, the tune over 3k didn't change much beyond steady cruise. you can see in the vids that it always blew flames from the exhaust loading up at idle, eric always loved to scare the shit outta people, the flowbastards were quite good fuel traps.

that thing sucked till it hit 3k, but it never mattered since it always spun em if he laid into it too hard unless he was moving.

god I mis that car, all he needs is a new snout and tb plenum and he's able to put it all in the fiero

if he ever works on it

Hmm. Mine recirculates pre-intercooler. But it's not a twin screw so I don't think it's heating the air much with little or no pressure differential across the rotors. Big blowers are definitely a completely different kind of tire smoke than turbos...way too much fun to have 20+psi instantly.

The Broken Regal

BITE BITE, SIP SIP
TCG Premium
Jun 26, 2007
Wheaton
so many blindless nutswingers for those guys... they are putting 10+k into the engine alone in an m90 setup, must be fast and they know what they are doing

it has gotten so bad that all of the old school guys literally just avoid conversation with them because they have no proof of anything, wont share their numbers, and delete any posts that slander their name

after reading the LS2 thread, their direction on fb reminds me of a certain shop

GTPpower

TCG Elite Member
Jun 5, 2012
Nebraska
Don't hear much from you around here you still driving a Wbody or still looking for a clean body?

I'd still like to find a clean w-body roller, but I don't have much time to work on it right now....or the space. Between getting married, the honeymoon, harvest, running my buisness, remodeling our house, and now getting ready to plant, I don't have the time to sit on the forums for too long anymore.

Reactions: Turbocharged400sbc

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Nowheresville North Dakota
:rofl: that's a lot more busy than my ass sitting overseas waiting for something to break.

Obviously things don't break around here very often I'm always on here it seems. Stupid govt computer blocks GPF.net or I would be on there more too. I can only get on there off shift and only IF the damn wifi is working.

Less than 2 months to go and I'll be heading back to civilization! Can't wait. Got a new house and heated garage waiting too!

Congrats on the wedding too!

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Nowheresville North Dakota
https://www.facebook.com/Handcraftedahorsepower/

:rofl:

"Mark Gentle This is just amazing. The NA motors are seriously like a small block v8. With your heads and other mods this is a very interesting combo. Street pounding performance. With Boost, neck snapping!!! I cant wait for more videos, we love them all."

Check out them ported heads on the NA L26......

:ming:

:picard: wonder how many top swaps could be built to dust that NA L26 for less than what the heads cost.......

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info