Attn: HeavyKevy / Honest Abe / HK / douchebag

The Broken Regal

BITE BITE, SIP SIP
TCG Premium
Jun 26, 2007
Wheaton
I still cant seem to like this car. Doesnt look that great to me. Best thing about it is RWD. I hear it drives great tho. Needs more power.

You :nutz: for days on a 138hp fwd gm rolling rectangle econobox that loaded up is very close to an FR-S in price and you want more power from an n/a 200hp boxer engine...

Why is everybody expecting 350 hp on a light car for $2X,000? If you want that kind of performance, you're going to have to show some cash.

Its cause you can get a base genesis coupe or v6 mustang for that price with high 200s/300hp and everyone things thats the norm....

Doesnt need 350. Needs more like 225 IMO

...... TRD intake and exhaust will probably get it there crank hp :rofl:

Should have 300

Thats call a 370z... like turk said, no way is anyone making a car with 300hp in that kinda car for 25k loaded.

RICH17

Dr. Pussy Slayer, MD
TCG Premium
Nov 14, 2008
The 007
Real Name
Adam Rich
The Cruze is in a totally different segment.

This car is a good start. I think if they did do a turbo version than it would probally be the same motor for the next WRX, which is a good thing. From the report people are saying it needs more hp.

The Broken Regal

BITE BITE, SIP SIP
TCG Premium
Jun 26, 2007
Wheaton
I figure if GM can make a 2.0L have 260 hp in the shittest car they have ever made, Toyota/Subaru could at lest match it, especially considering its a sports coupe. I agree a great balanced chassis is like 75% of what makes a sports car good, but you can never have too much PAH!

This is a 100% honest question, but why is it a problem that this car "only" has 200hp, yet the veloster turbo (i know you really like that car) has the same hp for practically the same money with options... veloster needs a turbo to match the hp too... I don't get why it's this cars downfall? It still is a high 14s car...

beyond that, did you get to drive the new turbo? its the only car besides a gti I didn't test drive to compare thats in the same category/class

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
Because the veloster turbo is just a compact hatch with pep... This is being hyped up as the sports car people have been waiting for. I used to have an S2000 and loved how it drove but at 240hp it was too slow to keep my intrest as a sporty car. With a veloster, it's just a daily driver so who even cares? And no I haven't driven the turbo yet, they are supposed to call me when their first shipment comes in.

The Broken Regal

BITE BITE, SIP SIP
TCG Premium
Jun 26, 2007
Wheaton
Because the veloster turbo is just a compact hatch with pep... This is being hyped up as the sports car people have been waiting for. I used to have an S2000 and loved how it drove but at 240hp it was too slow to keep my intrest as a sporty car. With a veloster, it's just a daily driver so who even cares? And no I haven't driven the turbo yet, they are supposed to call me when their first shipment comes in.

I'm going for a really fun DD as well... and for the same money why wouldnt someone go with the better car? I never once said I'm a huge fanboy looking for a autocross car or something :rofl:

I think people are making assumptions I'm very interested in and now defending this car because I think its a great deal and very fun to drive etc etc

Won't be soon enough. HK needs to pick up some dudes. :io:

I bet you could fit in this thing :hay:, maybe even better than the z06 :io:

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
I'm going for a really fun DD as well... and for the same money why wouldnt someone go with the better car? I never once said I'm a huge fanboy looking for a autocross car or something :rofl:

I think people are making assumptions I'm very interested in and now defending this car because I think its a great deal and very fun to drive etc etc

I bet you could fit in this thing :hay:, maybe even better than the z06 :io:

Better car by what measure? I'd hope the RWD coupe is better than the 4 door fwd hatch in the handling department. Other than that the interior of the veloster is pretty damn cool and the stereo is kick ass. I haven't been inside a frs but from all the pics I see it seems much less equipped

GTwolf

TCG Elite Member
Oct 11, 2009
I'm not trying to defend it until the last post.... what I was doing was trying to figure out why GTwolf was kinda talking out his ass when I'm pretty sure he thought this thing was the new TC :rofl:

I didn't say I thought it was a new TC, I said every car scion has ever made so far especially the TC made me bias against scions because they've all been poorly built underpowered pieces of crap. It's looks amazing on the outside and I'm sure it handles better than any car in that price range, but that's about it. Needs more power, and after looking at interior pics...it's definitely a scion interior.

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
I'm with HK on this one. The car looks good (IMO) and performs decently. If I was in the market for this type of fun car, I'd take a hard look at it. This really is like the 60s all over again, the amount of performance cars hitting the market is astounding.

GTwolf

TCG Elite Member
Oct 11, 2009
I didn't say it was a bad car, I just think you can get more power and a better interior for the money. It's all opinion and personal preference, I don't get why everyone's gotta argue and take it so personally that a few people would buy another car in this price range over this one :dunno:.
And yeah all these new cars that've hit the market in the past couple years is crazy, the day that a stock Kia is boosted and pumping out almost 300 horse is here.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info