Attn: HeavyKevy / Honest Abe / HK / douchebag

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Whats your complaint about it? I like it in my optima.

It's execution is better in the FWD applications. To be honest, I'm not even sure it's the same engine. I think the Gen coupe is a Theta engine, and Sonata/Optima is Theta II. The Genesis engine is a version of the Evo's block with softer internal parts. I don't know if the FWD uses the same basic engine, but the Gen coupe 2.0T is recockulously noisy and unrefined in that application; both 2012 and 2013. It sounds like a truck engine running on three cylinders. Power delivery and torque is fine, but it's not a refined engine at all.

ktraver97ss

I say what everyone thinks
Aug 29, 2007
Roselle, IL
It's execution is better in the FWD applications. To be honest, I'm not even sure it's the same engine. I think the Gen coupe is a Theta engine, and Sonata/Optima is Theta II. The Genesis engine is a version of the Evo's block with softer internal parts. I don't know if the FWD uses the same basic engine, but the Gen coupe 2.0T is recockulously noisy and unrefined in that application; both 2012 and 2013. It sounds like a truck engine running on three cylinders. Power delivery and torque is fine, but it's not a refined engine at all.

ahhh that i could see. It is not the greatest sounding at idle i have noticed, but going from the catless dumped 5.3l truck and a jeep Im not too worried about it. lol I notice it a bit at low rpms, but once it builds some boost pressure it sounds fine to me. I was just hoping there was not reliability issues popping up. I like its power curve and shifting much more than I did the Cruze LTZ.

The Broken Regal

BITE BITE, SIP SIP
TCG Premium
Jun 26, 2007
Wheaton
It's wouldn't even be a fun DD like the Focus ST or Veloster Turbo.

Im confused how the veloster turbo is going to make for a more fun daily than an FR-S?

Ford ST is nice on paper but im not a fan of the looks and with options its more $$$ and of all the cars coming out lately in this segment, I can see mark up prices on it or very limited avail.

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
At least with a turbo application there is a possibility for an easy and cheap bump in HP. I'm really hoping for a Dart SRT-4 or I may even look at a turbo4 ATS for my next DD. I understand the price will be more so hopefully a boosted FR-S will be offered in the future.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info