🏡 Better Homes Aquatic crew assemble: All things pool...

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
1660565605998.png

snl tech support GIF

1660565622526.png

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
They say 5-10 years.

I've read 3-5 ish :dunno:

I'd imagine it being a few day process at least. Pull the plug, let it drain. Pull the head, try and suck out alot with shop vac, maybe get a few inches until you hit wet sand again. Wait another day for draining. Repeat

gah i think it would be quicker than that.

pool guy thinks i need to/should change mine... im guessing it has never been done. i believe my pool was put in in 2017 i think.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
my pool just can't shake it's cloudiness lately and i think pool bro is just lost.

levels check out okay- one thing that was high was CYA last week so i drained a fuck ton of the pool and refilled over the weekend while i rebuilt the pump.
High CYA is a nightmare and can/will cause all kinds of issues. I'm willing to bet thats your issue.
I had it once and once only and it was a PITA. When I drain my pool at end of the season, I usually drain about 12"-18" more than I need to to try and prevent high CYA.

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
I would love to try jumping from roof to roof. Maybe 10-15 years ago that might have been relatively easy.

What's crazy is that these houses have even more room between them compared to my sister-in-law's neighborhood. And their streets are even more narrow. This house would be roughly $1M on a half acre lot out here. You could go to boofoo for less, but then you have even worse schools and if I ever had to go into an office, it would be over an hour commute. We're really just hoping that there's tons of kids that move into our neighborhood, our oldest doesn't have any friends in this neighborhood.

• Wow
Reactions: Yaj Yak

Thread Info