🏡 Better Homes Aquatic crew assemble: All things pool...

cdh027

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Mar 10, 2004
Sunny Florida
So I'm perdy sure I was battling an algae issue.

I had green/yellow goo at the bottom of the pool for like 3 weeks. I also had trouble getting chlorine up. The water was shit cloudy and I couldn't see across the pool under water.

I bought some yellow treat and treated it 3x and double dose shocked it a few times. Even after that algae cleared I had a chlorine issue for a week. I had my chlorinator on full blast and could not read any with 3 different types of strips.

As of last week it's been perfect. Most clear it's ever been.

No idea.

View attachment 126634
That firearm could use a good cleanin' :ROFLMAO:

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
The pool is coming along, we now have some pavers. They're supposed to finish it this week with the plaster and bird cage. We can't wait to take a dip in this hot weather! Hopefully we'll be in the house by mid-month.

20220729_191023.jpg

Spivitz

The Throttle is ur friend
TCG Premium
Oct 5, 2012
Weather been shitty, raining. We've not been in it since 7/24.

Today jumped in, water is crystal, did not need to backwash.
Sitting pretty around 89 degree water temp.

The sand filter cranks.

So glad I listened to Shawn1112 Shawn1112

And did not attempt to use the quarter horse power Intex unit
:bigthumb:

Plus upgrading the liner ??

20220802_191340.jpg

The Beast

TCG Elite Member
May 24, 2004
South beach
Real Name
Go Go
Weather been shitty, raining. We've not been in it since 7/24.

Today jumped in, water is crystal, did not need to backwash.
Sitting pretty around 89 degree water temp.

The sand filter cranks.

So glad I listened to Shawn1112 Shawn1112

And did not attempt to use the quarter horse power Intex unit
:bigthumb:

Plus upgrading the liner [emoji106][emoji106]

View attachment 127815

Pays off being besties with Shawn1112 Shawn1112

frank

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
my pool got real cloudy. i have a pool guy too.. i think he is baffled. not fun.

i think it's clearing though. he blamed my chlorinator fucking up and it being covered too much
Did you have a foam party at the house? lol

Over chlorine will cause some cloudy water, I get that after we have a party at the house, I will pour in some chlorine and it stays cloudy for a few hours and clears up with the pumps going.

Run pumps with the pool uncovered, adjust the heat setting if you heater.

Good practice is to get your self some pool test strips, check the levels the day of the pool service and then after the service and compare the strips, that way you know how off it was or wasn’t.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Did you have a foam party at the house? lol

Over chlorine will cause some cloudy water, I get that after we have a party at the house, I will pour in some chlorine and it stays cloudy for a few hours and clears up with the pumps going.

Run pumps with the pool uncovered, adjust the heat setting if you heater.

Good practice is to get your self some pool test strips, check the levels the day of the pool service and then after the service and compare the strips, that way you know how off it was or wasn’t.

no foam party unfortunately.

supposedly it went "under" chlorine- the chlorinator tablets "clogged" and weren't dropping into the water.

heat is off, water temp is 80-85* currently. pump runs always. it's been uncovered since friday

Reactions: frank

Pewter-Camaro

TCG Elite Member
May 28, 2011
South of Wisconsin.
my wife wants a pool. I do not, at all, in any way shape form want a pool or maintain a pool. so Regardless eventually we will end up with a pool. ?

The only upside is her father used to run a pool business and handles the pools for one of the High schools, and would maintain it and do most of the work.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
my wife wants a pool. I do not, at all, in any way shape form want a pool or maintain a pool. so Regardless eventually we will end up with a pool. ?

The only upside is her father used to run a pool business and handles the pools for one of the High schools, and would maintain it and do most of the work.
Its really not that hard to maintain an above ground pool. Inground probably a tad bit more work but same concept
I bought a house at like 25 or 26 with a pool. Never had a pool in my life, and I figured it out. Took me a full season to figure everything out but I did

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Its really not that hard to maintain an above ground pool. Inground probably a tad bit more work but same concept
I bought a house at like 25 or 26 with a pool. Never had a pool in my life, and I figured it out. Took me a full season to figure everything out but I did

i think what's complicated with mine is i have no bottom drain... so it doesn't "act" like other pools.

Reactions: frank and Shawn1112

frank

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
View attachment 128600

i think i get to rebuild my pump... it's leaking in between the motor assembly/pump flange area right there in the middle.

anyone ever done it?

seems kinda straight forward? kill power, disconnect power, remove the motor from the pump housing, clean the shit outta the shit, reassemble all the shit.
How much is a rebuild kit?

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Nice price, i would attempt a rebuild, I would look into if any special water proof grease is needed for those o-rings so they dont blow out or roll, or I can be over thinking that part.

i planned to just send it 2007 working on 3800's style, copper RTV everything and then some

car GIF

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
View attachment 128600

i think i get to rebuild my pump... it's leaking in between the motor assembly/pump flange area right there in the middle.

anyone ever done it?

seems kinda straight forward? kill power, disconnect power, remove the motor from the pump housing, clean the shit outta the shit, reassemble all the shit.
Ive done it albeit, mine is a little different and looks a little bit simpler. But its just a few O-rings like you posted in the kit.
I didnt have to deal with no bearings like DEEZUZ DEEZUZ.
I have literally rebuilt everything on my pump/filter over the years.

Reactions: Yaj Yak

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363

We do not have a Tune-Up Kit for that pump, so we would recommend replacing the Pentair Shaft Seal 5/8" PSR-200 - 354545S, the seal plate o-ring (355619), and, while you are in there, the Diffuser O-ring - 355030. Be sure to put some lubricant on the o-rings to help them seal and last a long time (but NOT the motor shaft seal). Here is a quote with everything. All of the items are in stock and ready to ship.

Check out our guide on How To Replace a Pool Motor Shaft Seal if you have never done it before.

If you have any further questions please feel free to reply to this email. In addition, you may view the entire ticket history or enter a response by visiting the link below.

I reached out to inyo pools to make sure i got the right shit, i ordered everything they said to order and it should be here saturday so likely sunday morning ill dive in

cap42

Restoration Hell
Mar 22, 2005
Bolingbrook IL
I've spent so much money on water this year, refilling the damn pool because of leaks.

Beginning of the year, replaced the liner... didn't do the best job but not bad for first timer.
Heater was leaking from the manifold. Manifold was cracked. Go to pull it... 2 of the 6 bolts broke being sized in the coils. Couldn't tap them without disassembling the whole unit so just replaced the manifold and only have 4 bolts holding it in place. Suprised its not leaking yet.
Canister filter O ring is shot, replaced that.
Frogger O ring is shot replaced that
Bleed off valve O ring is shot replaced that.
Return port cracked had to replace that.

As of today no leaks but god damn this year has been fix everything that leaks year. At this point the pool is 9 years old but the only thing left from the original setup is the outside frame and rails.

Thread Info