Apocalypse Investment thread.

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
If it's a stock/ticker you believe in long term and you're in the red but still believe in the long term, then it doesn't not hurt to average down as much as you can.

I started both kids' investment accounts when the share price was around 16. I've averaged theirs down and slowly accumulated their position in MVIS. I'm starting to look into other positions of their liking for their future growth as well.

The $SPY has made a huge move in the past week. Today it touched the 200SMA (Small moving average) and bounced up but tested it again. If this area doesn't hold, I wouldn't be surprised to see the overall market come much further down and maybe test the 100SMA. (I have yet to look at where that target may be). Next week is the Fed meeting. I'm looking to see how the market reacts to that and see if there's going to be further downside.

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
I think the market is going to keep moving down overall. The next few months are going to represent the best buying opportunity since.... April 2020. Okay so not exactly a once in a lifetime opportunity. But it's hard to say when we will see it again.

Im getting more into the long term hold mindset and not spending too much effort in trading. I'm trying to diversify as much as possible. I'm starting to get heavier into the energy sector (XOM, CVX, XLE as an ETF). Financials aren't a bad idea too. Might snag some XLF to get broad exposure. I'm trying to get away from putting too many eggs in one basket.

Reactions: importcrew

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
FB_IMG_1643170297914.jpeg

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
The stock market is a roller coaster right now. I collected a small amount of profits today to keep on hand for buying the dip, if we move into correction territory. Otherwise I'm in it for the long haul and just hanging on. Whenever I try to time the market, I end up buying high and selling low [emoji51]
Time in the market will always beat timing the market.

Reactions: LikeABauce302

SHARKBITEATTACK

Enthusiast
Jun 15, 2008
Bartlett
I’ve been trimming my portfolio since late April and finally liquidated everything today. Unbelievable to think how much money I’ve lost since my ATH during November of last year.

Don’t see things getting better anytime soon, fed raised rates by the highest percentage in 20+ years last week, gas is the highest I’ve ever seen. The CPI for April gets announced on the 11th. We see what happens.

LikeABauce302

TCG Elite Member
Aug 27, 2013
South suburbs
Real Name
Matt
I'm holding strong over here ??

I've learned my lesson of buy high, sell low too many times. The market will bounce back at some point. How soon will that be? Who knows. I've been continuing to put small money into my brokerage account with each paycheck and averaging my cost basis down.

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
Diamond Holdr here as well. I have enough cash in the bank for 6 mo of trimmed expenses so I’ve been investing the rest. I’d rather just leave it in there and wait for it to rebound than pull the money and take a bath.

The ~20 year cycle of recessions will come and go like it always does

Thread Info