I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
Reactions: Intel

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
Okay good, I'm not interested in crypto.

We are 100% in funds but my son is interested in the market. I myself want to get a few stocks.

Thinking about Rivian and Portillos, thoughts?
How old is your son? Being young, he has the advantage of time, which is usually more valuable than money. Educate him on the power of compound interest. If he invests in the sp500 for 40 years, at $1000 a month, he will end up with 5.5M if the market averages 10% a year.

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
Hope most of you are out of MVIS . OOF.
Michael Jordan Meme GIF by GIPHY CAM

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
Still holding 400. Sold half a while ago.

Thinking about buying back in another 600 to make an even 1000 lol. I’m in it for the long haul.
I had to reduce my position to take some profit and look for a better entry. Plus I need to make sure I have money sitting in my account to pay bills since day trading is my work. Sadly, that meant reducing my MVIS position. But I will buy back more. If I decide to go back to work (construction) this year, then everything sitting in my investment accounts will go back in heavily towards MVIS. That's how much I still believe in the company in the long run. They do have a great product, but it comes down to the fact that it's in a space that no company is in currently or at least to the high standard that is trying to be met. MVIS as well as quite a few others are in a consortium to make the standard. Once they (MVIS) gets the CE certification, I think the gloves comes off and things bounce back up pretty well. Not looking at this for a buyout (although would be nice). I have actually added quite a bit to both my daughters' custodial accounts more and more MVIS. Anything I give them extra money for their investment future, I atleast add a little bit to MVIS for them.

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
i'm holding a few bags for $MVIS, but I still believe in them long term too. Its very tempting to buy more at this price, new low today of 4.33 LOL. I am a bit surprised they weren't at CES this year though.
They are... Albeit virtually. They canceled almost last minute to do virtual instead of in person due to the rise in covid cases. Next critical support is low $3 on the daily chart. It's still in a downtrend.

Reactions: radioguy6

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
Will MVIS kiss $2 range ?
Unfortunately, I still see more downward movement unless buying pressure steps in and I don't see that. Of course any news can change that but the charts still show a downtrend. Again, about $3 is critical support. Current resistance is about $4.40ish and between $4.75 and $4.95. I could realistically see a push towards $5 but if momentum and volume isn't there, then we're going to push back down.

• Sad
Reactions: Tight Lines

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake

i know with inflation that value/dividend stocks are sought, but not sure the dividends or stock growth (arguably just inflation itself) are all that great. so it would seem some of the best assets to seek out now are companies with monopolies on delivering x with pricing power behind them to keep raising the prices, and anything that is a unique property which should minimally be able to match inflation.

Reactions: LikeABauce302

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
oh man it hit $3.01 ... hoping for a rebound... Can only go up from here... RIGHT??!?1 haha .
the office wow GIF

I'm still waiting for my buying opportunity. Still looks like a downtrend. No buying pressure right now. But I'm getting anxious. First saw MVIS when they were 40 cents and started buying at the low $1 range. Then averaged up. I'm itching to buy more. I feel bad for my FIL since I convinced my FIL to buy in around $19. Lol..... It's the long game that matters.

Reactions: Outlaw

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
the office wow GIF

I'm still waiting for my buying opportunity. Still looks like a downtrend. No buying pressure right now. But I'm getting anxious. First saw MVIS when they were 40 cents and started buying at the low $1 range. Then averaged up. I'm itching to buy more. I feel bad for my FIL since I convinced my FIL to buy in around $19. Lol..... It's the long game that matters.
If they get under $1 I'll be buying a nice chunk for long term stashing. I'm also glad I sold when it was like $15

Reactions: importcrew

Thread Info