Public Enemy #1
- Oct 8, 2008
- Reaction score
- Chicago, IL
On days like these are the best times to buy. The share price is holding fairly strong in this $18 range and I know $17.50 being strong support. So I set certain limit orders and alerts if the share price hits, I'll know or my orders get executed. Plus, usually (not always) if MMs were optimistic that the PR would be bad, they'll let the share price run up, then short it to bring it back down and make more money on the downside. Right now, they're bring the price down and covering their short position.Man, I wish I had your optimism
First time I bought some were leaps (Jan 2022 and Jan 2023) and in the money (price was trading around $2 something per share). I bought one of each with an average of $95 per contract. I'm up $1500 on each of them currently. Imagine spending a grand each (roughly 10 contracts each). I would be sitting on roughly $30k of unrealized gains currently.
How I feel at the moment
I'm waiting for the actual call and see what the ceo says. Doesn't mean we can't reverse hard to the upside. But earnings were a little less than expected. But miniscule and it's an overreaction. It's steadily stating around $17 currently. I might buy more calls tomorrow.Do we buy more at 17 lol
Wish I would've taken my initial investment out when I said I was thinking about it. Missed out for sure. Oh well. It'll go back up I'm sure.this guy looks like a genius, lol. Still holding half my shares but I made enough off the sale above that what is left is all their money only.
Going to see how it starts performing and see if and where the bottom is. Plan on lowering my July call options. That was just some horrible timing with the PR they released the day before and the ER. The company should have released the PR of the actual lidar product immediately or during the ER. The price would have come down either way but it probably would have soften the blow.MVIS on sale again! Time to buy more.