Apocalypse Investment thread.

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
Man, I wish I had your optimism
On days like these are the best times to buy. The share price is holding fairly strong in this $18 range and I know $17.50 being strong support. So I set certain limit orders and alerts if the share price hits, I'll know or my orders get executed. Plus, usually (not always) if MMs were optimistic that the PR would be bad, they'll let the share price run up, then short it to bring it back down and make more money on the downside. Right now, they're bring the price down and covering their short position.

My biggest "gamble" is the May expiration call option. Other ones I chose slightly out of the money and further out with a high expectation of being in the money within a few months.

Reactions: radioguy6

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire

How I feel at the moment

First time I bought some were leaps (Jan 2022 and Jan 2023) and in the money (price was trading around $2 something per share). I bought one of each with an average of $95 per contract. I'm up $1500 on each of them currently. Imagine spending a grand each (roughly 10 contracts each). I would be sitting on roughly $30k of unrealized gains currently.

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
Do we buy more at 17 lol
I'm waiting for the actual call and see what the ceo says. Doesn't mean we can't reverse hard to the upside. But earnings were a little less than expected. But miniscule and it's an overreaction. It's steadily stating around $17 currently. I might buy more calls tomorrow.

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
My wife is gonna be pissed. I tell her about something taking off and she thinks it’s a good idea to buy at the height :rofl:

giphy.gif

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
this guy looks like a genius, lol. Still holding half my shares but I made enough off the sale above that what is left is all their money only.
Wish I would've taken my initial investment out when I said I was thinking about it. Missed out for sure. Oh well. It'll go back up I'm sure.

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
I sold my higher strike May calls at $24 and kept the lower strikes that I plan on exercising. I bought July calls and 1 "lotto" May call around $18. I'll leave the May call and if it expires worthless then oh well; it's just $230 lost. My July calls, I will average down.

I'm going to share something that shows some of the stuff I'm learning. More TA (technical analysis).
This is from a guy who called the movement from the $2 dollar range up to the $9 dollar range to the date and practically penny. But I always reserve judgment because anything can happen with highly volitile stocks. What's also kind of intriguing is that another person with a completely different style of charting said the same thing... Violent momentum to the upside. So I will watch and see how it plays out.
Screenshot_20210429-191113_Discord.jpg

Screenshot_20210429-191124_Discord.jpg

Screenshot_20210429-190358_Discord.jpg

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
MVIS on sale again! Time to buy more.
Going to see how it starts performing and see if and where the bottom is. Plan on lowering my July call options. That was just some horrible timing with the PR they released the day before and the ER. The company should have released the PR of the actual lidar product immediately or during the ER. The price would have come down either way but it probably would have soften the blow.

Reactions: Outlaw

Thread Info