Any potheads here???

rocco

Addict
Jan 19, 2012
Aurora, IL
So I started using recreational marijuana the past year after never really using it much. I tried it once about 20 years ago. The first time I didn’t feel anything. It was real stuff because it stunk like weed and everyone else around me was stoned and looked about ready to fall asleep. The next time I tried it was about a year later. A buddy gave me a bag of weed. I got some rolling paper and smoked a joint. I got so high I felt like I was about to start floating off the ground. It felt really good.

I’ve been buying it in vape from the dispensaries. So far I’ve tried a bunch of different indicas and sativas. Haven’t tried any hybrids yet. I prefer the indicas. They get me nice and relaxed, and pretty good for any nagging aches and pains. Best ones I’ve liked are kosher kush and mag landrace.

What’s everyone else using?

Reactions: stock-t-bird

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Currently, I've been vaping d8. I'm sure at some point we'll find out it causes cancer, but it gets me nice and high (depending on the amount of hits) and only costs like $30 bucks per 1ml AND its legal to order online and ship via Fedex.

I usually just grab a hybrid. Or whatever sounds like it might taste good.

Just make sure you get it from a reputable store, otherwise you could get shit carts.

Reactions: 10sec and rocco

Spivitz

The Throttle is ur friend
TCG Premium
Oct 5, 2012
Delta 8 legal in Tennessee, I smoke that occasionally.
No buzz, just a little taking the edge off with a beer

:chugger:

20220118_202450.jpg

Reactions: rocco

stock-t-bird

THORNTON QUARRY
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2008
Thornton Quarry
i quit smoking years ago,it was too potent..grew up on shit weed..weed now is incredble..dispnesary now on my block.
had to visit..curious..i made purchase
i got off the pain pills,threw them all out...smoking as we speak,bash all ya want

"cookies" are always good for non-smokers,u will sleep well.its legal & does well
can i get fired w/pot in me during working hours?
I work in Illinois
this will be an intersting thread

Reactions: rocco

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Tried edibles when I visited Amsterdam several years ago and hated it. Not sure why everyone does it. I could understand it for people with sleeping disorders or something of the sort. Just not my jam. Besides, I work in Pharma, and there's pretty strict drug enforcement.
Doing pizza reviews is not working in pharma.

• Haha
Reactions: wombat and 1quick

rocco

Addict
Jan 19, 2012
Aurora, IL
I never have. I've wanted to try it to try and ease some physical pain. But after smelling it on people walking by I'll pass. It smells like shit. Id like to try the gummies. With my CDL I can't use it anyways. So yeah and stuff.
I don’t like the smell of it either and don’t like to stink like it. That’s why I’ve been vaping it. Almost no smell especially if outside. I still won’t do it in the house. And no lingering smell of smoke on your clothes from the vaping.

Reactions: guspech750

rocco

Addict
Jan 19, 2012
Aurora, IL
I never have. I've wanted to try it to try and ease some physical pain. But after smelling it on people walking by I'll pass. It smells like shit. Id like to try the gummies. With my CDL I can't use it anyways. So yeah and stuff.
One of the guys I worked with used a CBD oil. He said it worked wonders for his pain. I remember him mentioning the brand he buys was expensive.

Spivitz

The Throttle is ur friend
TCG Premium
Oct 5, 2012
They have these legal Delta 8 edibles, fuck all that. I was Wiggin, did not like.

My wife occasionally enjoys splitting up a gummy.

She has cracked me up a few times dancing around, being goofy.

10+ years ago we had the real deal, chocolate chip cookies made with "butter"

I was smoked Man, comparable to eating shrooms back in the day.

Never again

No Way Beer GIF by Busch

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
I have some pot sitting in my cigar humidor mostly for guests. Rarely smoke it myself anymore. Like I said before, if I have a night off and there's a good movie I want to see, I might smoke some to enjoy the movie more. Way different than when I was a kid and my buddies and I would go through an ounce in a weekend. Of course, the quality of that stuff, even Red Bud or other decent strains at the time, was way below today's products.

GLADIATOR

aka STROKE-KING
TCG Premium
Mar 29, 2004
New Lenox IL
I was an avid user when I was younger. Been 30 years since I smoked ( dear lord I am old). I would get random tested for work all the time . The past three jobs have not tested but I am afraid that the next job will even though it’s legal. I guess I won’t light up until I retire. Old and stoned LOL

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
I haven’t smoked in over 20yrs and back then it was shitty ChI-Town Brown with the occasional Skunk coming around. I’d get sooooo high off that shit, I’d eat and pass out. I couldn’t even imagine smoking the stuff that’s around now a days.

My wife will do the occasional gummy or other edibles a few times a year when we have friends over that also partake. She has pills from the dispensery as well. One to help sleep and the other for pain. She takes those occasionally as well. When I play 9pm softball games I can’t fall asleep until around 1am. So one night told her give me a couple of the sleep pills. It had the opposite effect on me, like I just snorted a gram of coke. I was literally up until 2:30-3am.

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
One of the guys I worked with used a CBD oil. He said it worked wonders for his pain. I remember him mentioning the brand he buys was expensive.
I used oil. I would break out in a rash due to sweating when I worked construction and on extremely hot days. I'd rub a couple drops on the rash (usually on my forearm or elbow) and use some where I'd have minor back pain. It works wonders. I use PTS Pure Essential body oil. (200mg CBD:100mg THC)

Occasionally when I can't sleep well, I'll take a "relax" mint and it'll just creep up on me and knock me out when I'm laying in bed. During the day when I'm up and doing things around the house, it'll relax me.

RedBeard

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 19, 2009
Windsor, CO
I was taking edibles a bit last year and picked up a vape pen, but stopped a few months ago cause I knew I wanted to find a new job. Started a new job last week, so going to ride it out for another month or two to make sure they don’t throw a random test at me and will at least finish off the edibles and vape I have now.

For me I like that I could get a nice relaxed feeling from one edible vs drinking 6-8 beers to get a similar effect. The vape pen seemed to be a bust, or I just don’t know how to inhale correctly lol. I took 6 hits off of it once and never got past a slight high.

frank

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Smoking was never my thing, tired it once and was like ehhh…

Living here in fl I see a good amount of dispensary’s and it s a mix of age group that use young to old, hear more gummies for the older crowd.

Have an a few acquaintances that vape, like a locomotive…. One said he spends about 2k a month on vape juice.

On a side note …If you or someone you know leaves a vape pen at a house with underage kids… just fess up that you lost it, thank you for finding it and end the convo… not say to the home owner that “I’m surprised your 11 & 15 didn’t take a few hits off it because if they did they would have been fucked up with the strain I have “ at this point all I wanted to do is take this couple over to gator pond by my house and introduce them…

PSA - I don’t have any issues with usage at all and find it does help many which is a good, been told it safer then prescribed pills.

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
Even thought it’s legal in IL, I can’t use it. Federal employer ??.

I think the last time I smoked any was on a trip to seattle maybe 6 years ago? I don’t particularly enjoy it, but when in Rome.

I’m sure with some experimentation I could find a strain I enjoy, I’d rather have a couple of glasses of whiskey for now. If it became federally legal, I’d prob start using it casually.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info