TCG Premium
Oct 5, 2012
Bob Marley Weed GIF

BS ISF

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 24, 2012
WEST BURBS
Been smoking for 30 years since i was 14 years old. I've smoked every type of THC there is.
I now prefer quality oil cartridges and an occasional edible. Oil for more of a body buzz and noT the huge head euphoria. Also Indica to relax/sleep and sativa for hanging out.
Edibles can be a completely different story. Proceed with caution. I have tripped my balls off but that was a large portion of a 150mg.
Most that i take now is 20-30mg hybrid. I find that hybrid's keep me pretty even with a great body/head buzz.

Reactions: Spivitz

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
It's been years since I've smoked, likely 20 years or so at this point.... Back then though I was ingesting everything I could get my hands on so it was a different story....

Literally almost everyone I know smokes though, and if I were to start again I would smoke flower or take edibles. I wouldn't fuck with vaping. Too many unkonwns with it and after seeing people use butane and all kinds of nasty shit to make wax / shatter I wouldn't be able to trust the source unless it was me making it.

I absolutely LOVE seeing people get fucked up for some reason though. So I've made my own cartridges in the past to see how I could do it, made moon rocks, make killer brownies, etc.

I used to grow for my friends just to see if I could pull it off, never worried about money...... Used a lot of the same techniques from when I was reef keeping and gave it a try. Worked out pretty damn well. Stopped doing that because I would rather have all my guns at my house and I'm not going to have the two together.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
I used to grow for my friends just to see if I could pull it off, never worried about money...... Used a lot of the same techniques from when I was reef keeping and gave it a try. Worked out pretty damn well. Stopped doing that because I would rather have all my guns at my house and I'm not going to have the two together.
Sup, I now have an empty basement

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
Sup, I now have an empty basement

Need someone in the house with a medicinal card and you can do it legally now.

I never did it in like huge amounts, I did it with LED lighting to keep costs down, small tent in a closet and only one plant at a time, nothing large scale by any means. Never any huge harvests or anything, usually 3/4 a pound every 3 months..... Most strains I tried were 10 week finishers, and then you would harvest them, let them cure, then they were ready to go.

718A8CC4-B0B8-487E-BA1B-DE940B80F28B.jpeg

2AF3AE50-C097-4371-97A1-BFEF480DB5DD.jpeg

9CF91C3E-48AB-47AF-9193-CED80C69FC2D.jpeg

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
Is the tent to prevent the smell or is it required to keep the atmosphere perfect?

It has a few purposes.

The biggest one is making sure it keeps it pitch black when the lights are off, and then it also keeps smell and things like that in the tent. Then you have a carbon filter hooked up to a blower to suck the smell and heat out of the tent.

A few fans because air circulation is very important.

The biggest thing is light depravation when the lights are out. When it's lights out you need it to be pitch black in there, or you risk hermie'ing the plant making it useless. You can also have bad genetics do that as well which is why I will never trust any strain from Barney's Farms again. Had two of their strains hermie and wont ever use them again.

You have to mimic it turning into fall so the plant buds, so you grow the plant to start at an 18/6 light cycle (18 on 6 off) and then to get it to make buds you switch it to a 12/12 light cycle. I would slowly go down to a 10/14 the last 2 weeks of the grow to get it to really ripen because it thinks winter is coming.

Chet Donnelly

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 19, 2004
I've never really cared for it much. Tried it a couple times when I was younger, didn't do anything for me. Tried it when it became legal here and I don't really enjoy the effect it has on me. I much prefer to have a few drinks and relax.

I do keep a vape pen in my nightstand for nights I can't sleep, and I'll take 2-3 hits and I'm out like a light. This only happens though a few times a year, so its rare I use it. Blows my mind it was illegal all those years though. How stupid!

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
It has a few purposes.

The biggest one is making sure it keeps it pitch black when the lights are off, and then it also keeps smell and things like that in the tent. Then you have a carbon filter hooked up to a blower to suck the smell and heat out of the tent.

A few fans because air circulation is very important.

The biggest thing is light depravation when the lights are out. When it's lights out you need it to be pitch black in there, or you risk hermie'ing the plant making it useless. You can also have bad genetics do that as well which is why I will never trust any strain from Barney's Farms again. Had two of their strains hermie and wont ever use them again.

You have to mimic it turning into fall so the plant buds, so you grow the plant to start at an 18/6 light cycle (18 on 6 off) and then to get it to make buds you switch it to a 12/12 light cycle. I would slowly go down to a 10/14 the last 2 weeks of the grow to get it to really ripen because it thinks winter is coming.
Damn, there's a lot to that. Thanks for the info, I might send you a PM so we can chat about this, if you don't mind.

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
Damn, there's a lot to that. Thanks for the info, I might send you a PM so we can chat about this, if you don't mind.
Not at all.

Like I mentioned, I just kept it to small batches for friends and family to try my hand at it. Did it for maybe 4 or 5 years.....

Your best friend when starting out (their manifolding mainlinging technique works great for smaller grows to keep them smaller while still netting you a good harvest):

Everyones favorite strain I ever pulled off was Darkstar. Got the feminized seeds online from TH Seeds.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Need someone in the house with a medicinal card and you can do it legally now.

I never did it in like huge amounts, I did it with LED lighting to keep costs down, small tent in a closet and only one plant at a time, nothing large scale by any means. Never any huge harvests or anything, usually 3/4 a pound every 3 months..... Most strains I tried were 10 week finishers, and then you would harvest them, let them cure, then they were ready to go.
Who said anything about worrying if its legal? That shit is literally a slap on the wrist, especially if your first offense.
You could get caught with 100lbs and would do no prison time with a good lawyer.

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
Who said anything about worrying if its legal? That shit is literally a slap on the wrist, especially if your first offense.
You could get caught with 100lbs and would do no prison time with a good lawyer.

Im just saying it to put it out there. I just didnt want to do it at the same time as I had a safe full of fun shit in the house because Im guessing it would be a different look in the news:

"man gets caught growing one marijuana plant!"

"man gets caught with 1.000's of rounds of ammo, multiple firearms, and growing marijuana!!!"

I think the legal one with a medicinal card right now is 5 plants, which given enough room you could do a few pounds per harvest, two plants in flower, two plants in veg, and one plant for cloning if you didnt want to go from seeds every time.

Reactions: Shawn1112

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
Curing from my last final grow…

Not including the popcorn used to make butter for edibles.

I made them too strong, everyone was like “I can only eat a quarter of one!”

Had my sister eat a whole one on Christmas morning and she was passed out an hour later. Best family Christmas ever! :bowrofl:
784F4ED0-EF91-4BCC-9895-467374C6E2C8.jpeg

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
Nice set up and results

Thanks, it worked out well for everyone.... Had a good time seeing if I could do it.....

I gave away the lights on here, not sure if theyre being used for the same thing or not.

If anyone is curious, those Boveda 62% humipacks work great too. I had the large bags when curing, then after two weeks of curing everything went into mason jars and each mason jar got one small humipack.

They work great at keeping everything nice and fresh, if I still smoked it would be in a mason jar with one of those packs.

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
I have some neighbors that grow im assuming with the medical card because everyone knows about it it’s right in the middle of his yard, between that and all the neighbors smoking weed my kids think we have a family of skunks in the neighborhood lol

I think its up to 5 plants they can have. I wasnt sure if they could do outdoors where everyone can see it though. :dunno:

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
I think its up to 5 plants they can have. I wasnt sure if they could do outdoors where everyone can see it though. :dunno:
Maybe not but he lives on the Main Street where county cops drive by all the time, they either don’t care or it’s legal, I didn’t see how many plants he had but I could smell it lol

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info