Am I the first to buy ????

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
Unfortunately the car is still very new to the techs at the dealers. And they really have not seen many issues. So anytime the car goes in they call up a tech support team for the car. :rofl: So they can troubleshoot remotely. I guess last time it was in they had them test about 10 different electrical connections clean them up and apply connector grease. It worked fine for about 3 days. Car drives fine its just very annoying.

That makes it sound like the support team has no idea either.

"Did you try turning the car off and back on again?"

"yes"

"I have no idea then. Clear the codes and send it"

:rofl:

bimmer4life

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Feb 18, 2008
Wheaton, Illinois
I always thought that excuse was garbage. Then I bought a German car and totally understood it.

So was the Kia good but just not that good? Or was the Kia not even good for what it is designed as?

To be fair the Kia for what it is performed well. I would not say it had mind numbing acceleration. But it pulled hard and kept pulling through all gears. I would say the interior reminded me of a 3 series or even on par with my Golf R. And no that's not a dig at the Golf R [MENTION=5]Mook[/MENTION]. I actually really liked the golfs interior. The leather was nice and seats comfortable. Although I could not compare them to say a 7 series BMW. Which makes sense as that is a different class of car. One thing I did actually like a lot was Kia's UVO (infotainment system). The screen was crystal clear, very easy to navigate and the integrated NAV was excellent. The only real issue I had to work out was some knarley blind sports. This maybe because I am on the taller side. But the A pillars are thick and affected my point of site.At minimal I was close to having an accident twice. Because I truly did not see the vehicle coming from left or right. I learned to peak around the pillars so did not bother me all that much. And like I said this is probably not an issue for everyone. But based on my height the width of the pillar and the angle of windshield. I definitely had some issues.As far as the ride of the vehicle it was very comfortable. No complaints about ride quality or cabin noise. Although I have heard some mention its louder then expected. The sound system I thought was OK. It did not blow me away or anything but was adequate for the vehicle.

bimmer4life

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Feb 18, 2008
Wheaton, Illinois
What happened? :rofl:

This !!!

d8XIHw4.jpg

bimmer4life

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Feb 18, 2008
Wheaton, Illinois
4.4L v10 making a naturally aspirated 575/500. AT least there are no turbos to fail. How are the injectors in your year?

This is a 2013 with turbos!!!!!. Injectors were fixed by this year. I love the V10(which I have owned). But the SMG issues and rod bearing issues. Among other things I prefer this engine. Although it comes with its own complications.

The F10 M5 uses a 4395 cc variation of the S63 4.4L V8 engine called the S63B44TÜ, which produces 412 kW (560 PS; 553 bhp) at 6000 – 7000 rpm and maximum torque of 680 N·m (502 lb·ft) from 1500 – 5750 rpm

Thread Info