Am I the first to buy ????

bimmer4life

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Feb 18, 2008
Wheaton, Illinois
Any thoughts here?

Way more room then I expected as well and one of the reasons I went with it compared to other mid size sedans. I am no audiophile but the Mids and Highs sound pretty darn good. Bass is not to bad. So it plays kidsbop very well but probably not great for classical rock blasting :rofl:. You need to go with the GT2 package to get the HUD. I really don't need or miss it (X5M) had it. The pitch of the front windshield and where the cluster is works for me. And the cluster displays a lot of information as well in a comfortable viewing area. Ignore the check engine that's all fixed. :rofl:

W2JHEpR.jpg

bGhDFme.jpg

bimmer4life

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Feb 18, 2008
Wheaton, Illinois
You're giving the trolls more ammo BUT you're also being open about Stinger ownership....so kudos for that.

Unfortunately the car is still very new to the techs at the dealers. And they really have not seen many issues. So anytime the car goes in they call up a tech support team for the car. :rofl: So they can troubleshoot remotely. I guess last time it was in they had them test about 10 different electrical connections clean them up and apply connector grease. It worked fine for about 3 days. Car drives fine its just very annoying.

bimmer4life

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Feb 18, 2008
Wheaton, Illinois
what's the dealer experience like @blueoval4life?

is it like ford/gm/dodedge where you have to convince some service writer that doesn't want to talk to you at all that your shit is broke and then beg for a rental car like your life depends on it?

Nah not at all. Service guys have been great. I can't imagine anyone trying to fight me on a car with only 500 miles on the clock. They also provide a loaner car with no issues. I just wish that loaner was a Stinger and not a Optima.

bimmer4life

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Feb 18, 2008
Wheaton, Illinois
Ive been putting off calling VW service b/c I'm not looking forward to what I'm sure will be a lousy experience.

I haven't had great luck with new cars lately. When I bought my Golf R the A/C was not working. Had to take back into service to find out factory missed an Oring somewhere. I took it to Fox Valley VW in St Charles the experience was pleasant.

Thread Info