6 hours to try and talk me out of buying a Fusion

Spivitz

The Throttle is ur friend
TCG Premium
Oct 5, 2012
Don't do it... Treat yourself to something fun.

Screenshot_20190408-111349_Chrome.jpeg

torquelover

TCG Elite Member
Jun 4, 2013
They're just not powerful enough, I love everything else about them

I'd get a newer turbo one, but they haven't really hit the used market

I have a '17 Fusion AWD 2.0t and a '15 Mazda 6. Unless it's wet or snowy out the Fusion sees Mazda 6 tailights every time. Dig, roll, highway roll, always the same outcome.

The '16 2.0t is a different motor so not sure what the performance difference is.

When I do this over again (likely very soon) I'm going for rear-wheel biased AWD.

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
I have a '17 Fusion AWD 2.0t and a '15 Mazda 6. Unless it's wet or snowy out the Fusion sees Mazda 6 tailights every time. Dig, roll, highway roll, always the same outcome.

The '16 2.0t is a different motor so not sure what the performance difference is.

When I do this over again (likely very soon) I'm going for rear-wheel biased AWD.

Interesting...The Mazda6's always felt quicker than the 187HP or whatever they're rated, but I'm surprised the Fusion would be slower...

torquelover

TCG Elite Member
Jun 4, 2013
I'm going to be there tonight, might need to drive it...

https://www.carmax.com/car/17357669

I traded a '16 Accord EX for the Fusion. Hated the Accord, couldn't live with the CVT and super long gearing.

Passenger seat was also ridiculously low to the ground creating no thigh support. Be aware of this if you plan to use that seat.

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
My Dad is a huge Mazda humper and he didn't even consider the new 6 when he bought his Regal. They are so slow. The new motors killed he car. He had the old V6 and loved it.

So I'll toss his Regal in, he loves it and TURBO!

I drove the Regal, gave it a legit chance, just didn't like it. I mean, it was technically fine, but I drove a Fusion and Regal back to back, and the Fusion just felt better. I didn't really like the center stack/infotainment

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017

Also, there was a new 2.0T for '17?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info