Or a Camry

Or an Accord

tenor.gif

Dan00Hawk

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 10, 2011
Plainfield
Out of curiosity, do you see a marked improvement in mileage with premium over 87 in the GTI?

I haven't used 87 in the GTI. I typically use Costco 93, and the price difference is minimal enough (compared to Shell anyway), that I can stomach it. Apparently the GTI can run fine on 87, but it'll obviously make a bit less power and have a bit worse fuel economy. I figure that makes it probably almost a wash between savings at the pump or while driving, so I might as well use 93.

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
I haven't used 87 in the GTI. I typically use Costco 93, and the price difference is minimal enough (compared to Shell anyway), that I can stomach it. Apparently the GTI can run fine on 87, but it'll obviously make a bit less power and have a bit worse fuel economy. I figure that makes it probably almost a wash between savings at the pump or while driving, so I might as well use 93.

Got it. Was doing Costco 93 in the Flex, so I was probably just going to continue on with it. Thanks again!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info