6 hours to try and talk me out of buying a Fusion

The Beast

TCG Elite Member
May 24, 2004
South beach
Real Name
Go Go
I traded a '16 Accord EX for the Fusion. Hated the Accord, couldn't live with the CVT and super long gearing.

Passenger seat was also ridiculously low to the ground creating no thigh support. Be aware of this if you plan to use that seat.

I’ve been driving a 16-18 accord the last few weeks and they all average around 31 mpg 4 banger autos and cvt.

I keep hearing the v6 accords are fun and especially a v6 6 speed.

cap42

Restoration Hell
Mar 22, 2005
Bolingbrook IL
Chevy Impala

This!!!

I had a 2010 fusion and upgraded to a 17 Impala. It fits your bill and is a much nicer car than the fusion. Ride is fantastic, tons of room and power.

I got a 2LT v6 for under 20 and it get's 27-29mpg mixed even with the 300hp v6, it will do 33mpg all highway. My only complaint with the car is the quirks when plugging the phone in via usb when your already on a bluetooth call. Car get's all wonky and can't decide what to do. Not sure if that is a apple carplay problem or the car but I don't have these issues with Ford's Sync.

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
it get's 27-29mpg mixed even with the 300hp v6, it will do 33mpg all highway.

I have an impossibly hard time believing this.

Back in 2012 (yes a long time ago, i know things change) I took a lacrosse to Detroit and averaged 20mpg highway. and I wasn't even going fast. Yes it was winter, but still

Dan00Hawk

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 10, 2011
Plainfield
Glad I wasn't working today at Naperville when the Flex came in! I'll make sure that one either gets fixed properly or doesn't see the front lot. :D

As for the Fusion, my only concern is that we have been seeing some transmission problems with them from time to time. I recommend getting one within the factory powertrain warranty, or asking about the MaxCare extended warranty if you plan on keeping it beyond that time frame.

Dan00Hawk

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 10, 2011
Plainfield

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
Glad I wasn't working today at Naperville when the Flex came in! I'll make sure that one either gets fixed properly or doesn't see the front lot. :D

As for the Fusion, my only concern is that we have been seeing some transmission problems with them from time to time. I recommend getting one within the factory powertrain warranty, or asking about the MaxCare extended warranty if you plan on keeping it beyond that time frame.

:rofl:

Looking it up, looks like it's probably seeping out of a blown seal or out of the vent tube. It wasn't bad, but honestly, I didn't want to risk it and I had been eyeballing getting rid of it sooner rather than later. The car is great otherwise. No other issues whatsoever. PTU fluid could just probably stand to be replaced.

GLADIATOR

aka STROKE-KING
TCG Premium
Mar 29, 2004
New Lenox IL
So, I have stated several times I hated my 2010 Fusion. Biggest concern was the seat is uncomfortable. Especially if you drive 25k miles. Fatigue is awful in the Fusion.

With that said, I went to buy my VW original oil filter for my Jetta last Thursday at the countryside VW. They had about 15-20 2014 diesel Jettas. Both wagons and reg sedans. 40 mpg and the wagon is perfect for a big dog.

The best is the price...your choice $15k with low miles.

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN

The Beast

TCG Elite Member
May 24, 2004
South beach
Real Name
Go Go
So, I have stated several times I hated my 2010 Fusion. Biggest concern was the seat is uncomfortable. Especially if you drive 25k miles. Fatigue is awful in the Fusion.

With that said, I went to buy my VW original oil filter for my Jetta last Thursday at the countryside VW. They had about 15-20 2014 diesel Jettas. Both wagons and reg sedans. 40 mpg and the wagon is perfect for a big dog.

Yea but you are like 52 years old everything gets you fatigued

GLADIATOR

aka STROKE-KING
TCG Premium
Mar 29, 2004
New Lenox IL
Yea but you are like 52 years old everything gets you fatigued

I bought you something...

fe3c3cb03e4f04fd303a6af07909854e.jpg

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017

I had a '11 Fusion, and actually loved it for trips. Was very supportive and comfortable. Had the 2.5 and was just slow. That's about the only thing I really had issues with, with it.

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
Just wanted to clarify. So folks I will say it now. No talking this guy out of the Fusion. He loves Fords and there really isn't a good reason why he shouldn't get a Fusion.

If it was a SHO I'd be here boxing him but the Fusion is an excellent choice and it has the requisite blue oval.

Save your pixels.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info