đź’¬ OT 3D printers...who has one?

svtcobra725

Regular
Dec 16, 2008
Can anyone print me two of these? Not sure what it would cost.

Reactions: Lord Tin Foilhat

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
Can anyone print me two of these? Not sure what it would cost.

yeah should be an easy print.

Where are you located?

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
Let me see if I can get my heap of shit running.

Shouldn't be bad shipping may be the worse part.

Also, the enclosure is well worth buying. It holds 35c with no real effort and no external heater.
For sure. My network rack that my enclosure has holes and still holds a good 85-95f for prints

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
Nashotah, Wisconsin (AKA not Illinois)
Oki I may have found the problem. I had bits of burned plastic in my prints and started looking around on the web and found a post about nozzle leaking. Sure as shit the heat break is loose on the block.

Gotta take this bitch apart and re level again.

Also need some acetone to clean my glass.

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
Went all out and got a gulf coast 3 point bed Y axis, heater and pei magnetic sheet bed.
01E20F07-5775-4EAC-9C61-1C835B9F7EE9.jpeg

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
I’m interested too.

My bed is definitely warped already.
I'm currently running creality glass bed but I took a chunk out of it fairly quickly....so I stuck a PEI sheet to the top. Much flatter because of the glass and no worries taking out chunks with a pei sheet.

I have been running this for about a year with pla, PETG and TPU with very good success on adhesion with just cleaning it with ISO after every print.

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
Quite an early lunch today ;)

I've been eyeing that. Let us know how you like it.
Quiet you.

I had the creality glass and just constantly fighting with adhesion with glue and what seemed to be hot spot in the middle and fucking my prints up that were larger than like 100x100 in the middle. Need to space the left side with some washers to get some tension back. Hoping to be printing tonight

Next up is power supply fan and maybe the board fan. We’ll see.

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
Nashotah, Wisconsin (AKA not Illinois)
I'm currently running creality glass bed but I took a chunk out of it fairly quickly....so I stuck a PEI sheet to the top. Much flatter because of the glass and no worries taking out chunks with a pei sheet.

I have been running this for about a year with pla, PETG and TPU with very good success on adhesion with just cleaning it with ISO after every print.
Heater was too high. Made that mistake my first time using ABS Goo. Otherwise mine is awesome but I also think the PEI is good.

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
yeah scale it up at least 2x

always print those kinds of test patterns in sizes/formats similar to what your making.

if your making 2" high detail figurines youd make the towers nearly the same size, larger items, larger tests.

all my problems relate to when i push too little volume through the nozzle/heater vs its chamber volum/nozzle size

a 2" dickasaurass is ugly when compared to the 4" version with the same settings just because

i want to test with a all metal swizz hotend to see if i can go back to having small figure detail but small items arent my focus except for side money

Thread Info