3D printers...who has one?

tinfoilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
Donating Member
Reaction score
thinking about picking one up or just looking to get somethings 3d printed....

anyone here use them or have any advice/what to look for if purchasing?

c5z06speedjon

Reaction score
Depends what you’re looking to do, I used to sell all different kinds. My advice would be to spend a little more on one. You want the machine working for u and not the other way around, by that I mean there’s a ton of cheap ones that require a lot of dialing in or tinkering with. If you want something set it and forget it, spend a little more.

I have a TON of knowledge on this, so if you’d like to chat on the phone or in private I’d be happy to help

OP
tinfoilhat

tinfoilhat

Donating Member
Reaction score
Depends what you’re looking to do, I used to sell all different kinds. My advice would be to spend a little more on one. You want the machine working for u and not the other way around, by that I mean there’s a ton of cheap ones that require a lot of dialing in or tinkering with. If you want something set it and forget it, spend a little more.

I have a TON of knowledge on this, so if you’d like to chat on the phone or in private I’d be happy to help
Thanks.

I am still on the fence on purchasing one, it will be for small pieces which I can probably get printed online for much cheaper if it is just a few pieces.

any brands you may recommend? or specific features that are "must haves" that not all printers have?

VenomousDSG

Better Call Lalo
Reaction score
I was just about to ask about this. I need a small 4 inch circular part made that goes around the base of a Christmas tree and holds the branches... Shit broke last year.

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
Donating Member
Reaction score
I was just about to ask about this. I need a small 4 inch circular part made that goes around the base of a Christmas tree and holds the branches... Shit broke last year.
There’s places online you can send a file and hey print for you. My local library has one for FREE use too. Something you may want to check into

OP
tinfoilhat

tinfoilhat

Donating Member
Reaction score
There’s places online you can send a file and hey print for you. My local library has one for FREE use too. Something you may want to check into
I was just using one of these sites for a few things.... small things seems like its a good deal, but larger objects get quite costly

BS ISF

Donating Member
Reaction score
Markforged if $$$ is not a huge hangup. We have printed many parts in onyx, fibreglass, kevlar and continous carbon fibre. The MetalX is just an amazing machine and they are really starting to offer more materials.

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
Donating Member
Reaction score
Markforged if $$$ is not a huge hangup. We have printed many parts in onyx, fibreglass, kevlar and continous carbon fibre. The MetalX is just an amazing machine and they are really starting to offer more materials.

These machines are so fucking bad ass. Do you use then at work or something?

BS ISF

Donating Member
Reaction score
Yeah my cousin is a printing provider out of Grays Lake. They also run production parts as they are a small print farm.
They use multiple platforms to widen their material offering.

c5z06speedjon

Reaction score

I’ve sold for them, their stuff is awesome. If you’re looking for strong durable parts they’re great. Applications such as jigs fixtures, end arm tooling it’s fabtastic. And for an FDM style printer the resolution is one of the best, along with smoother surface finishes. And as Jared mentioned there are tons of companies you can reach out to and use for part services if you don’t want to make the investment that I can get you in touch with. What are the uses you’re looking to have parts made for?

c5z06speedjon

Reaction score
Yeah my cousin is a printing provider out of Grays Lake. They also run production parts as they are a small print farm.
They use multiple platforms to widen their material offering.

Lol I know these guys very well, visited them up there a few times. They also offer parts off of the hp equipment too. Who’s your cousin? I probably know him.

BS ISF

Donating Member
Reaction score
Russell Beck one of the two founders.

Our families used to own Precision Twist Drill in Crystal Lake back in the day.

Lead Pipe

I'm Tiny Riiiiiiiiick
Reaction score
OP
tinfoilhat

tinfoilhat

Donating Member
Reaction score
tinfoilhat tinfoilhat have you bought anything yet? I’d love to get something as well
No I have not

We have one of these at work (because my boss bought it for his son and he never used it) and it has been surprisingly good.
Hmm for that price, might be worth a shot

ilikemtb999

I eat dirt
Donating Member
Reaction score

We have one of these at work (because my boss bought it for his son and he never used it) and it has been surprisingly good.
Looks like it’s for children but that’s cheap as hell and that mask is a good size too. Any up close shots of texture?

OP
tinfoilhat

tinfoilhat

Donating Member
Reaction score
Looks like it’s for children but that’s cheap as hell and that mask is a good size too. Any up close shots of texture?
He probably just 3d printed the black plastic holder for the front clear plastic of the mask

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom