2020 Ford GT500 Unveiled

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
Exactly I just cant be excited for this. IMO smart money is a TT GT350 instead. :io:

Edit. And Fords Marketing department sucks.
Smart money does not go to a gt350, lol. They depreciate 20% in the first year, have a manual trans, and are built for the road course. Either the turbos would be wasted at the track, or you turn it in to a quarter mile car which isn't what it's made for

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Nowheresville North Dakota
Smart money does not go to a gt350, lol. They depreciate 20% in the first year, have a manual trans, and are built for the road course. Either the turbos would be wasted at the track, or you turn it in to a quarter mile car which isn't what it's made for

I didnt mean new. But its not a good idea to go down the but but new vs used gt350 vs gt500 so ill just leave it alone.

Was just my 2cents if i was spending that kind of coin its be a used TT GT350

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
GT500s run 11.0 @ 128 at Las Vegas Motorspeedway.

Its about god damn time to see some results.

Reactions: Blood on Blood

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
Here is a video of that pass. Evan Smith is a LONG time NMRA & NHRA racer and record holder. So I'm sure racing the car all day they played with tire pressures, shift points, and so on. But that day ripping of 10 second passes was happening with everyone.

And ya, I'm going to guess the power numbers are a little conservative from Ford.

Reactions: BS ISF

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Here is a video of that pass. Evan Smith is a LONG time NMRA & NHRA racer and record holder. So I'm sure racing the car all day they played with tire pressures, shift points, and so on. But that day ripping of 10 second passes was happening with everyone.

And ya, I'm going to guess the power numbers are a little conservative from Ford.

Supposedly from M6G they were not allowed to change tire pressure or anything else.

I said on M6G 1st thing id do is drop tire pressure and people freaked out Bahhhhh But Butt Butttt you cant do that!!!

:dunno:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info