greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
giphy.gif

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Apr 6, 2005
Majority of these GT500s will run 10.60s while sitting in the garage under a cover, at the Dairy Queen drive thru and parked at the local car show.

Let’s not forget the importance of picking the pebbles out of the tires from the “round the block” slow cruise.

Last edited:
Reactions: greasy

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Apr 6, 2005
Ford can keep this junk

Pay a mark up on a tank that’ll be heat soaked by lap 2 as a 20 yrs old Integra passes it.

Chuck a rod doing a round the block video or leaving a cars n coffee

Ford keeps delaying the build dates on this heap. Quality issues?

Garage Queen, hopefully re-coup the mark up down the road (wouldn’t hold my breath though)

• Haha
Reactions: J-LO

95SC

4 cams
TCG Sponsor
Sep 10, 2006
TN
This car will hold value like no other car from the Big 3 offerings right now . I bet it can be driven for 2-3 years and still sold for MSRP after 2 years

big factors in that
1 . Limited 2 year production
2 . 5 year gap from the last GT500
3. very fast in straight line and awesome handling
4 . First GT500 with DCT/auto transmission . DCT/ auto is a huge selling point for the older guys / Ford enthusiasts with money that have no desire or physical strength to drive manual cars .
Quick observation from a pretty big local car show in spring time , out of 20+ C7 Vettes that were at the show , one of them had manual trans .

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
Auto's are for daily beaters not for the toys.
Really depends what you're doing with the toy. If you actually go to the track (a real track, not a drag strip), auto is the shit. It would take you a looooong time to get good at heel toe'ing like you need to around a road course. Even on the bike, I would never ever go back to one that didn't have an auto blipper and up/down quickshifter. Fiddling around with the clutch, rev matching, etc all uses a lot of mental capacity until it becomes second nature (which it never will for most)

If you're just cruising to work on Fridays and starbucks saturday mornings with an occasional drag strip visit, yes manual is great.

It still boggles my mind how Ford and GM are building these road course monsters even though nobody in this country ever takes them to the track. Motorcycles I understand, all the good ones are built in europe where the track is life. Domestic cars...notsomuch.

Reactions: 1quick

nytebyte

Not Politically Correct
Mar 2, 2004
I used to think that I'd never want a car with anything other than a manual trans, but after experiencing the wife's car which has a DCT, I have changed my mind.

Interesting note: her car is a 7 speed, just like the GT500, but that first gear is really just meant to get the car moving from a stop, to simulate an traditional automatic. When at a complete stop and then letting off the brake, you can feel the clutch engage and the car starts moving, but after a few MPH, it immediately shifts into 2nd. Also, unless you come to a complete stop for at least 2 seconds, the car will stay in 2nd gear. So sometimes I notice that when I make a short stop at a stop sign, the car will still be in 2nd gear when I get moving again. It works very well and you can tell a lot of time and effort went into getting the programming just right.

cdh027

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Mar 10, 2004
Sunny Florida
Really depends what you're doing with the toy. If you actually go to the track (a real track, not a drag strip), auto is the shit. It would take you a looooong time to get good at heel toe'ing like you need to around a road course. Even on the bike, I would never ever go back to one that didn't have an auto blipper and up/down quickshifter. Fiddling around with the clutch, rev matching, etc all uses a lot of mental capacity until it becomes second nature (which it never will for most)

If you're just cruising to work on Fridays and starbucks saturday mornings with an occasional drag strip visit, yes manual is great.

It still boggles my mind how Ford and GM are building these road course monsters even though nobody in this country ever takes them to the track. Motorcycles I understand, all the good ones are built in europe where the track is life. Domestic cars...notsomuch.

For a dedicated track car, sure. Lets look at the people on this site though. I would say 5% actually take their cars to a road course/drag strip on a "regular" basis. The rest of us lay some rubber on the street, fuck around on the highway, take their daughter for a cruise in daddy's cool car, go to car shows/cruises, etc.

Oh, and J-LO J-LO is a track rat and his car was a manual.

01Cobra

Johnny Cobra
May 3, 2006
Ford can keep this junk

Pay a mark up on a tank that’ll be heat soaked by lap 2 as a 20 yrs old Integra passes it.

Chuck a rod doing a round the block video or leaving a cars n coffee

Ford keeps delaying the build dates on this heap. Quality issues?

Garage Queen, hopefully re-coup the mark up down the road (wouldn’t hold my breath though)
And bought another manual car ????

Forgot. Manual hellcat - you are a rare breed.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info