🔧 BUILD 2019 supercharged range rover LWB

General Information

So this is a bittersweet purchase to say the least. When i sold my Raptor, i had plans to buy a new F250, so put a '23 on order in oct '22. Needless to say, truck never got produced, due to part delays within Ford. So at the end of '23, the '23 order was canceled, and i place an order for a '24 in Nov. My wife got impatient, and decided to surprise me with the WRX in Jan of '24. Since that now added an unexpected car payment to the household, it put us in a bad dilemma of what to do. She didnt think my '24 was ever going to come, since the '23 didnt, so not faulting her. I had to make the decision to get rid of her Jeep compass, which was the highest car payment. I decided to trade that in, and get her something she could drive, but also give me the ability to pull a car. Since the jeep was absolutely not capable. In comes the Range Rover. We have both wanted one for a while, and although this was not the plan, tried to make best of a situation i was put in, and not miss out this summer on track days.

The Range Rover is a 2019, long wheel base with the supercharged 5.0. Has 50k on it, and maintained very well by the previous owner. Currently the only change up im doing is the wheels, cant stand these, although the wife likes them lol. This thing will have no problem towing up to 8,000lbs behind it, comfortable for road trips, and not an issue for her to drive. Ill snap some better pics shortly. Gonna get the front windows tinted this week, and work on getting a better factory set of wheels.

20240310_175159.jpg

01bluesnake

D Mark Performance
TCG Sponsor
Jul 8, 2009
I got a pair of AFE drop in filters, went with dry units. These seem to work well in the Mustangs, so figured why not. I plan to leave the stock air box, but change up the piping. Stock, its very funky looking, and likely done to reduce engine/blower noise. Im sure fabbing up a split 3.5" aluminum tube setup would free up some power, also bring out some sound. I really dont want to increase IATs with open filters in the engine bay.

For brakes, i went with EBC slotted units. I wanted a nice brake package on this, and with the mileage, its gonna knock out some maintenance. For the pads i chose to go with the yellow compound, as it seems the best blend for mix use from the reviews and input ive read. Now the only thing i need to do, is decide on a color for the calipers. Im kinda weird when it comes to accents. I would like a color that isnt the standard gloss black, and dont want anything bright like a red or yellow. I was hoping to do the blower, and calipers the same, so it helps carry it through the truck, but in a subtle way.

20240326_164705.jpg

01bluesnake

D Mark Performance
TCG Sponsor
Jul 8, 2009
Everything is on the way back to this fuck, but thought you would like to see the upper intake i got two days ago, which was shipped out, days after i confronted him. Before i even opened the package, i knew the parts would damaged, could hear them banging around. How the fuck do you run a business, and stay in business doing shit like this? You would think after his "mix up" of parts, damage to the blower, would at least try to pack and ship the item, you lied was already shipped, much more carefully. Nope, tossed the shit in the box, only separated by some deflated plastic air bags.

20240330_113724.jpg

20240330_113729.jpg

20240330_113737.jpg

20240330_113745.jpg

20240330_113758.jpg

01bluesnake

D Mark Performance
TCG Sponsor
Jul 8, 2009
Ended up getting the refund for the blower, even though i came out shipping $100, because the second part he sent was outside of Ebay. It's not even worth the time fighting it, just chalking it up as a loss.

I moved onto my next part of the truck, will deal with the blower after i get the brakes/wheels/tires done. I decided to upgrade the wheels to the 22" Autobiography style, just hate the look of the wheels on it currently. Wife was fighting me on a style, every aftermarket wheel i picked out, she did not like. I thought these were the best looking OE equipped. Once again, my shit luck strikes though, and i get a wheel in that has some kind of finish issue, go fucking figure. :ROFLMAO: Anyways, going with Michelin Pilot Sport 4 SUV tires, has the best reviews, and geared more towards performance/handling. Probably just gonna keep the wheels on it now, and throw dedicated winter tires on those.

20240416_132113.jpg

20240416_133452.jpg

Thread Info