🔧 BUILD 2019 supercharged range rover LWB

General Information

So this is a bittersweet purchase to say the least. When i sold my Raptor, i had plans to buy a new F250, so put a '23 on order in oct '22. Needless to say, truck never got produced, due to part delays within Ford. So at the end of '23, the '23 order was canceled, and i place an order for a '24 in Nov. My wife got impatient, and decided to surprise me with the WRX in Jan of '24. Since that now added an unexpected car payment to the household, it put us in a bad dilemma of what to do. She didnt think my '24 was ever going to come, since the '23 didnt, so not faulting her. I had to make the decision to get rid of her Jeep compass, which was the highest car payment. I decided to trade that in, and get her something she could drive, but also give me the ability to pull a car. Since the jeep was absolutely not capable. In comes the Range Rover. We have both wanted one for a while, and although this was not the plan, tried to make best of a situation i was put in, and not miss out this summer on track days.

The Range Rover is a 2019, long wheel base with the supercharged 5.0. Has 50k on it, and maintained very well by the previous owner. Currently the only change up im doing is the wheels, cant stand these, although the wife likes them lol. This thing will have no problem towing up to 8,000lbs behind it, comfortable for road trips, and not an issue for her to drive. Ill snap some better pics shortly. Gonna get the front windows tinted this week, and work on getting a better factory set of wheels.

20240310_175159.jpg

Caleb515

Addict
Aug 20, 2020
Chicago, IL
Real Name
Caleb
Congrats! These used are a great bargain, I used to sell a ton of these when I was at the dealership.

By 2019 they had upgraded the timing chain and resolved that issue (which was a pretty big issue and the reason for me selling my Jag XFR with the supercharger 5.0). Overall solid drivetrain, just be cautious about air suspension and cooling issues.

01bluesnake

D Mark Performance
TCG Sponsor
Jul 8, 2009
Congrats! These used are a great bargain, I used to sell a ton of these when I was at the dealership.

By 2019 they had upgraded the timing chain and resolved that issue (which was a pretty big issue and the reason for me selling my Jag XFR with the supercharger 5.0). Overall solid drivetrain, just be cautious about air suspension and cooling issues.

Thank you for the input. I plan to do some maintenance right off the bat, just so i know all fluids, plugs, filters are fresh and correct. Once i get it on the lift, gonna do some checks on the air suspension specifically, make sure all the sensor connectors, height arm joints, air lines all look good. Dealt with a lot of air suspension issues with the Lincoln/Mercury's, but majority could of been avoided. Many times it was corrosion in sensor connectors, pivot points, or leaking lines over running the compressor.

01bluesnake

D Mark Performance
TCG Sponsor
Jul 8, 2009
okay only use shell or Bp gas, its a direct injection engine and the valves tend to foul a lot fast with cheap company gas.
I have a 150k on the same engine, I did the timing chain upgrade and replacement at 50k just in case.
There is a pulley drop and a tune available.

Yep, Ford has the same DI BS with buildup on the valves i've dealt with over the years. I have a walnut blasting setup here already, so nothing really out of the norm for me. Reading it looks like people are using BMW intake port adaptors, just have to grab one of those. Some of the concerns im seeing is due in part to the extended oil change service Land Rover recommends, which is ultimately what causes valvetrain problems. People who switch up to 4-5000 mile oil changes, aren't seeing tensioner problems. I guess there is an issue with what oil weight is recommended also. Many run the 0W20, but in the book it state 5W20 for the supercharged 5.0 is what is recommended. From the few problems items read, like thermostat sticking or crossover pipe leak, parts are normal price to me. $114 for the pipe, another $130 for the thermostat assembly is no worse then what these cost on a coyote from Ford. I'm already picking up a spare blower to drop by Jokers. Going to have him do a port, rebuild and griptech pulley. I have an HP MPVI flash tool here, with credits i've never used, as i only use SCT for Fords. Going to make some small tweaks myself, mostly fuel and boost correction. I want to do a lot of maintenance all at one time, and if i'm doing the walnut blasting, only makes sense to throw on a fresh blower setup lol.

Kaeghl

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Nov 18, 2008
Aurora, IL
Yep, Ford has the same DI BS with buildup on the valves i've dealt with over the years. I have a walnut blasting setup here already, so nothing really out of the norm for me. Reading it looks like people are using BMW intake port adaptors, just have to grab one of those. Some of the concerns im seeing is due in part to the extended oil change service Land Rover recommends, which is ultimately what causes valvetrain problems. People who switch up to 4-5000 mile oil changes, aren't seeing tensioner problems. I guess there is an issue with what oil weight is recommended also. Many run the 0W20, but in the book it state 5W20 for the supercharged 5.0 is what is recommended. From the few problems items read, like thermostat sticking or crossover pipe leak, parts are normal price to me. $114 for the pipe, another $130 for the thermostat assembly is no worse then what these cost on a coyote from Ford. I'm already picking up a spare blower to drop by Jokers. Going to have him do a port, rebuild and griptech pulley. I have an HP MPVI flash tool here, with credits i've never used, as i only use SCT for Fords. Going to make some small tweaks myself, mostly fuel and boost correction. I want to do a lot of maintenance all at one time, and if i'm doing the walnut blasting, only makes sense to throw on a fresh blower setup lol.
I hadnt heard about the bmw intake port adapaters, what do they help with?

01bluesnake

D Mark Performance
TCG Sponsor
Jul 8, 2009
Reactions: Kaeghl

Thread Info