🔧 BUILD 2019 supercharged range rover LWB

General Information

So this is a bittersweet purchase to say the least. When i sold my Raptor, i had plans to buy a new F250, so put a '23 on order in oct '22. Needless to say, truck never got produced, due to part delays within Ford. So at the end of '23, the '23 order was canceled, and i place an order for a '24 in Nov. My wife got impatient, and decided to surprise me with the WRX in Jan of '24. Since that now added an unexpected car payment to the household, it put us in a bad dilemma of what to do. She didnt think my '24 was ever going to come, since the '23 didnt, so not faulting her. I had to make the decision to get rid of her Jeep compass, which was the highest car payment. I decided to trade that in, and get her something she could drive, but also give me the ability to pull a car. Since the jeep was absolutely not capable. In comes the Range Rover. We have both wanted one for a while, and although this was not the plan, tried to make best of a situation i was put in, and not miss out this summer on track days.

The Range Rover is a 2019, long wheel base with the supercharged 5.0. Has 50k on it, and maintained very well by the previous owner. Currently the only change up im doing is the wheels, cant stand these, although the wife likes them lol. This thing will have no problem towing up to 8,000lbs behind it, comfortable for road trips, and not an issue for her to drive. Ill snap some better pics shortly. Gonna get the front windows tinted this week, and work on getting a better factory set of wheels.

20240310_175159.jpg

01bluesnake

D Mark Performance
TCG Sponsor
Jul 8, 2009
01bluesnake 01bluesnake which ext warranty co’s are you looking at?

D Mark Performance :rofl:

I'm waiting to hear back from two people, got a few friends/customers that work for aftermarket warranty companies. Trying to feel out lowest cost, but dealer was trying to get me for $5k, definitely a no for me. I've been doing whatever research i can, and all the fault, or issues with these, in relation to repair cost. From what im seeing, the most common repairs, would cost be maybe a few hundred in parts, which is over heating, coolant leak, height sensor, or air bag.

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005

I'm waiting to hear back from two people, got a few friends/customers that work for aftermarket warranty companies. Trying to feel out lowest cost, but dealer was trying to get me for $5k, definitely a no for me. I've been doing whatever research i can, and all the fault, or issues with these, in relation to repair cost. From what im seeing, the most common repairs, would cost be maybe a few hundred in parts, which is over heating, coolant leak, height sensor, or air bag.
The part prices aren't the big things, since you can get parts at cost, but it's the labor that kills the common person - which, yours is "free" in essence. So, with a little time and patience, I'm sure you'll be fine.

01bluesnake

D Mark Performance
TCG Sponsor
Jul 8, 2009
The part prices aren't the big things, since you can get parts at cost, but it's the labor that kills the common person - which, yours is "free" in essence. So, with a little time and patience, I'm sure you'll be fine.
Which is what im seeing. Parts are actually pretty normal on cost surprisingly.

The Beast

TCG Elite Member
May 24, 2004
South beach
Real Name
Go Go

I’m not sure if you posted the year but that sounds about right at 5k or even more.

01bluesnake

D Mark Performance
TCG Sponsor
Jul 8, 2009
Small change, had the front windows tinted to match the factory. Whats really weird is the Range Rover uses some oddball smoke/tint for the rear seat windows, which almost comes off with a brown coloration in light. I had the tint guys match the front to farthest rear factory smoke instead. Most of my actual goodies come in next week though, so will update as things roll in.

20240321_101557.jpg

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
Small change, had the front windows tinted to match the factory. Whats really weird is the Range Rover uses some oddball smoke/tint for the rear seat windows, which almost comes off with a brown coloration in light. I had the tint guys match the front to farthest rear factory smoke instead. Most of my actual goodies come in next week though, so will update as things roll in.

View attachment 201354
Have your eyes gotten used to that defroster grid in the front windshield? Once I notice it, it's now my focal point and screws with me.

What other goodies are coming?

01bluesnake

D Mark Performance
TCG Sponsor
Jul 8, 2009
Have your eyes gotten used to that defroster grid in the front windshield? Once I notice it, it's now my focal point and screws with me.

What other goodies are coming?

Yes, i think it is dumb as fuck, but is what it is. You can visibly see wavy lines through the whole windshield, but normally during the day, its not too bad. At night is when it really stands out, cause light bounces off of them, so adds in glare which sucks. Some small maintenance/mods, will tell more as things come in lol

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
Yes, i think it is dumb as fuck, but is what it is. You can visibly see wavy lines through the whole windshield, but normally during the day, its not too bad. At night is when it really stands out, cause light bounces off of them, so adds in glare which sucks. Some small maintenance/mods, will tell more as things come in lol
Yeah, I pick-up on it more at night and it legit drives me crazy. Or during the day, if you have bugs or a dirty windshield, the lines are just so obvious. No idea how they've kept it like that for this long without finding a better solution that doesn't shift your focal points.

Reactions: ragingclue

01bluesnake

D Mark Performance
TCG Sponsor
Jul 8, 2009
Yeah, I pick-up on it more at night and it legit drives me crazy. Or during the day, if you have bugs or a dirty windshield, the lines are just so obvious. No idea how they've kept it like that for this long without finding a better solution that doesn't shift your focal points.

Yeah, i don't get it either, unless most peoples eye sight absolutely sucks, so it doesn't bother them. I get the concept, but i'm fine with traditional defrost coming from the vents. I would rather have a clear windshield 99% of the time, instead of some fancy defrost that may get used the other 1%. I guess it was an option, and from i've read, some people go as far as swapping windshields to the non defrost, and loosing the function.

Reactions: Jimy Bilmo

Thread Info