2017 Mustang build and price site is up - now with more GT350 MSRP....

The Beast

TCG Elite Member
May 24, 2004
South beach
Real Name
Go Go
Yeah me either. And with this hike now for the track pack, it's adding more fuel to the fire making them more desirable.

You should be able to get yours at cost no?

I've been at my job 22 years the owner said If u want it's yours at cost. Question is do I want to pay 4000 plus in tax plus 1.9x36 is the question I haven't had a car payment in forever. I hate car payments

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
I've been at my job 22 years the owner said If u want it's yours at cost. Question is do I want to pay 4000 plus in tax plus 1.9x36 is the question I haven't had a car payment in forever. I hate car payments

That's how i feel now not havin one for the last two years. But unless you are willing to dump $60k of your cash into one, it's all we can do. I'd like to keep the dp on what I get to no more than like $6k. Finance the rest for 1.9% from my cu. And all that can be done, but the prices going up would push the payment higher than we as a family agreed on to keep ourselves going in the right direction.

If only I had this much dedication to loosing weight and getting built again lol.

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Nowheresville North Dakota
like [MENTION=5219]ZXMustang[/MENTION] said i would have considered driving my 5.0 stock until after i get back from my next rotation and use the 8k for downpayment on a gt350 instead of spending that money on a blower and mods for the 5.0.

now that the price is jacked up it certianly changes how hard it would to make it happen.

when the gt350 came out i thought it was reasonably priced compared to what say dodge wants for a hellpig for example or what gm wanted for a 5th gen z28. hell gm wants too much for a comparable 6th gen v8 auto SS i tried. i couldnt find a 6th gen ss local even close to the price i paid for the 5.0

point is id like to move up the mustang totem pole and 7500 or more being slapped on the car really changes that.

its easier to put 8k down on a sub 50k car and have decent payments than it is to put 8k down on a 56k car.

quick math for a ball park #.

56k car -8k down = 48k @3.95 for 72 mo is $750 payment

48k car -8k down = 40k @3.95 for 72 mo is $625 payment

sure anyone could structure that differently and change some of the variables but even this is $125 more for an 8k price hike.

agree with [MENTION=5219]ZXMustang[/MENTION] it would have been affordable before but now it would take a bigger downpayment to make it happen.

find used one sure. but financing would be harder on used.

like [MENTION=5219]ZXMustang[/MENTION] said i would have considered driving my 5.0 stock until after i get back from my next rotation and use the 8k for downpayment on a gt350 instead of spending that money on a blower and mods for the 5.0.

now that the price is jacked up it certianly changes how hard it would to make it happen.

when the gt350 came out i thought it was reasonably priced compared to what say dodge wants for a hellpig for example or what gm wanted for a 5th gen z28. hell gm wants too much for a comparable 6th gen v8 auto SS i tried. i couldnt find a 6th gen ss local even close to the price i paid for the 5.0

point is id like to move up the mustang totem pole and 7500 or more being slapped on the car really changes that.

its easier to put 8k down on a sub 50k car and have decent payments than it is to put 8k down on a 56k car.

quick math for a ball park #.

56k car -8k down = 48k @3.95 for 72 mo is $750 payment

48k car -8k down = 40k @3.95 for 72 mo is $625 payment

sure anyone could structure that differently and change some of the variables but even this is $125 more for an 8k price hike.

agree with [MENTION=5219]ZXMustang[/MENTION] it would have been affordable before but now it would take a bigger downpayment to make it happen.

find used one sure. but financing would be harder on used.

Gt350 comparable to the NA srt not the hellcat. I'm ordering a 17 srt August 15th, sticker is 55, transaction will be about 51. And there is no way you should pay more than 2% on a new car right now.

If you can't afford, or don't want to pay for the 350, then keep your gt. It's what the market will bear. I'm eligible for a plan, and because the 350 isn't available on that plan,I won't consider any ford. It's business....buy our or don't. But whining won't change anything.

And hellpig, really.:ford:

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
Gt350 comparable to the NA srt not the hellcat. I'm ordering a 17 srt August 15th, sticker is 55, transaction will be about 51. And there is no way you should pay more than 2% on a new car right now.

If you can't afford, or don't want to pay for the 350, then keep your gt. It's what the market will bear. I'm eligible for a plan, and because the 350 isn't available on that plan,I won't consider any ford. It's business....buy our or don't. But whining won't change anything.

Challenger or charger?

Challenger or charger?

Getting another challenger. My oldest son got a pharmacy tech job, and is getting straight A in pharmacy school so he deserved my 11rt. I'm getting another white challenger for my dd, I love this car.

Edit 8sp. Auto this time instead of manual. With 6.4. That 6.4 with 8 speed is pretty wicked for full weight and option car.

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
Getting another challenger. My oldest son got a pharmacy tech job, and is getting straight A in pharmacy school so he deserved my 11rt. I'm getting another white challenger for my dd, I love this car.

Edit 8sp. Auto this time instead of manual. With 6.4. That 6.4 with 8 speed is pretty wicked for full weight and option car.

What school?

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
Siue on full academic scholarship. He's also guaranteed one of the 80 spots in the conditional entry program for years 5 and 6 as long as he maintains a 3.5..''he doesn't need to apply. #prouddad. I think con told me you you are a rx

Good for him. I'm not a big fan of any of the schools that aren't UIC or Midwestern, but have less of a problem with SIUE since it's down south.

Yes, I am a pharmacist although I don't practice anymore.

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Nowheresville North Dakota

you missed the point here i was stating the hellpig has dealer mark up like the gt350 thats all.

id pay for gt350 but as the op mentioned the added MANDATORY 7500ish makes it just about out of reach or require a larger down payment.

i dont get why people keep comparing the gt350 and gt.

gt350 has different engine and manual trans. 2 specific reasons id like to own one over the 5.0 manual is better in the gt350 reason i got an auto 5.0 is because from what ive read the mt82 is junk. i could give 2 shits less about the rest of the options and the cheaper entry price of the previous models would be the way to go.

still baffles me people accept a price hike like that with a smile. want a loaded one with what ever options go ahead and order one that way why should it be mandatory?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info