1quick buys more stuff boat edition

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
Just looked it up, A few of the boat detail companies down by me here offer a ceramic coat, they charge about 125-135 per ft for correction and ceramic coat.
Boats are an expensive business for detailing, I remember them getting 5k+ for 30ft boats back in the early 2000’s at the marina I worked at General buff and wax

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
How does one do a full detail when the boat is on a trailer and you have the front pads and rear pads the boat sits on?
They don’t quote you to buff the bottom, it’s only hull and deck for a buff job, there are special jacks that you can use to lift the boat off the trailer to work on the bottom of the boat though

Reactions: Yaj Yak

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
So last time I was out I believe my fuel pressure regulator took a crap on me, the boat died when I let off the throttle and wouldn’t restart and there was fuel blowing out of the bowls into the engine as soon as I turned the fuel pump on, i believe it was either too much pressure or some crap got stuck in the float or needle, the pressure was showing 12psi way to much, so I adjusted it down and it wouldn’t budge, shut the pump off and back on again now it’s 2 so I turn it back up to 6 and limp back to the dock, go to throttle up and it’s cutting out, notice fuel pressure is now at 4, so anyway I go out and buy basically the same carb that was on it because the Holley was around 15 years old and the previous owner said he never touched it and a new pressure regulator, after reading the reviews on the one I have saying it’s a piece of shit I switch to an aromotive regulator with better reviews

2E3886B4-DF7F-41F4-A5CF-F59504A298C4.jpeg

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
who's doing it ?

sup with that old motor :rofl:
Capt’n nabbers in Morris, he does good work well known for bottom blueprinting, he may buy it off me but I’m not opposed to selling it to someone else he’s probably going to leave it sitting around down there and not use it, it does have a real nice valve train in it, but I’m going to use the intake exhaust and accessories off it

Reactions: Yaj Yak

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Capt’n nabbers in Morris, he does good work well known for bottom blueprinting, he may buy it off me but I’m not opposed to selling it to someone else he’s probably going to leave it sitting around down there and not use it, it does have a real nice valve train in it, but I’m going to use the intake exhaust and accessories off it

boss needs a 502, they are kinda few and far between right now it seems.

is captnabber giving you any sort of warranty on new engine?

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
boss needs a 502, they are kinda few and far between right now it seems.

is captnabber giving you any sort of warranty on new engine?
It’s a new gm engine comes with gm warranty, he wants to use the zz502 crate motor said he’s used a bunch of them and they run great in boats real mild cam but good power and tq

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
How fast will the boat go with that monster motor?
The Motor that was in it was around the same power best I saw was 74gps in cold weather with just me on it, I’d like to see 75 any day with the new motor and lower unit, the motor that was in there was tired so it should be a good runner this summer

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
is that a hookup price or is that a "typical" price from him
That’s typical price he didn’t recognize my name till after I paid him, (my dad knows him well) he said I’d be in for around 11.5-12k installed I thought it was very reasonable I’d rather pay someone 2k to swap everything from one motor to the other drop it in and align it, I’d rather work overtime at work than do that shit at this point lol

Thread Info