bokeem woodbine GIF
This one is going to be blinged out and fast as balls

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Brett, I have a 1996 Kawasaki ZX-9R sitting in my garage that needs a serious refreshing, including partial tear down of the mechanicals, and likely a lot of vacuum/rubber hose replacement. I don't think the engine needs any work outside of the carbs being cleaned and linkage fixed. If you ever want a six month project that you can casually work on, you just let me know. Has a fully Muzzys exhaust that is nicely broken in, and makes a helluva nice noise at 4400rpm.

Course, it's a 4-stroker, so you might have to avert your eyes and wear an extra layer of protection.

Reactions: 1quick

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
Painted the clutch and flywheel covers black with this allegedly awesome acrylic duplicolor paint that’s supposed to be harder like exterior car finish, I’m going to do the cylinder and head and swing arm also, tore down the motor to verify the crank is really a stroker crank, and that the case was bored correctly for the 67mm piston and cylinder, I have a new cylinder and piston to throw in it and a bigger cam, the head is a legit big valve ported race head verified valve size, has those bad ass forged aluminum roller rockers I used in my other pit bike
IMG_0013.jpeg

IMG_0014.jpeg

IMG_0015.jpeg

IMG_0016.jpeg

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
Painting more parts today, the cylinder, head intake and oil filter cover all finished up, I’m probably going to do the swing arm and wheels soon, I might wait till I have the tire for the rear before I do the wheels, I always scratch the rim trying to get the tires on, it’s a pain in the ass trying to put tires on these little rims
IMG_0022.jpeg

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
So I pulled the swing arm off today to prep it for paint and was looking at the back wheel I was going to paint that as well and noticed a crack in the hub at the wheel bearing, this is a bummer I can’t trust that to not break since I will be racing and jumping this ol girl, so I ordered a set of bad ass rims for it and they were expensive as balls, but worth it since I won’t have to paint them now and the hubs are anodized blue

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
This thing is going to look sick. I like that acrylic paint. Does it seem pretty durable?
It does seem pretty good, it’s not fully cured yet it says it takes 7 days to fully cure but I can wipe it with a rag and it doesn’t scratch real easy, I’m starting to think about dropping the motor and pulling the forks and just having the frame and swing arm powder coated since I’m already this far along

Reactions: SleeperLS

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
I had an 81’ atc 110 a couple years ago me and my daughter restored, I have a not running big red sitting at a coworkers house in Iowa right now just waiting on me to get the time to go pick it up as well
I thought so. I was hoping to see a post on swapping in a pit bike motor into the 110. I have been kicking around the idea of trying. My nephew just bought a 70 with a piranha. I'd want a bigger frame but it seems more difficult to swap a 110 because of the frame.

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
this is a bummer I can’t trust that to not break since I will be racing and jumping this ol girl, so I ordered a set of bad ass rims for it and they were expensive as balls, but worth it since I won’t have to paint them now and the hubs are anodized blue
LOL like you're really bummed you get to make this thing even badder

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
I thought so. I was hoping to see a post on swapping in a pit bike motor into the 110. I have been kicking around the idea of trying. My nephew just bought a 70 with a piranha. I'd want a bigger frame but it seems more difficult to swap a 110 because of the frame.
I’ve seen a bunch of 70s swapped , I don’t remember the way the engine was mounted on the 110 but I can’t imagine it’s a lot different once you get to the 125 they are vertical mounted but the 110’s are normally horizontal, I’ve seen 190 swaps onto the 70’s that would be rowdy

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
I’ve seen a bunch of 70s swapped , I don’t remember the way the engine was mounted on the 110 but I can’t imagine it’s a lot different once you get to the 125 they are vertical mounted but the 110’s are normally horizontal, I’ve seen 190 swaps onto the 70’s that would be rowdy
Seems the sparing is off and you need to make brackets to get the pit bike motor in the right spot for the chain alignment. When you do the pegs placement put your heels in the tires if you wear a show larger than a 5.

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
Seems the sparing is off and you need to make brackets to get the pit bike motor in the right spot for the chain alignment. When you do the pegs placement put your heels in the tires if you wear a show larger than a 5.
I saw a guy swapping a new fuel injected crf110 motor into a 70 recently on one of the pit bike Facebook groups, it would be a super fun swap even the 140 can be rowdy I have one on my gpx that’s probably 15+ hp I’m sure the old 110 was probably only 4-5hp

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
Finished sand blasting the swing arm today, found this pearl acrylic clear coat and tried that over the black on the swing arm, I think it looks pretty cool may do it to the frame if I don’t get the wheels in a timely fashion, I have to wait 7 days for the paint on the frame to cure, at this point I’m basically just waiting for parts, the foot peg mount I found was cracked after I sand blasted it, I would have welded it but it was a pretty shitty mount anyway, I ordered a new rear cradle as well that’s made to work with the skid plate I have coming, so I’m currently waiting on rims, rear tire, cradle and peg mount, also need to find a new brake lever for the brembo master cylinder, and order a rim lock for the rear, then assemble and it will become a bike again real quick, I may throw an electric start back on it now that it has the decomp cam also it should be able to start fairly easy now

IMG_0047.jpeg

IMG_0046.jpeg

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
I got the new cradle and foot peg mount today so I worked on this think for an hour or so this afternoon, going back together now, I’m waiting on new rims and a skid plate but I have everything to make it a roller now on the old rims, I can at least get it together and heat cycle the motor a few times so it’s ready to ride when the rims come

Reactions: Jimy Bilmo

Spivitz

The Throttle is ur friend
TCG Premium
Oct 5, 2012
Reactions: Jimy Bilmo

Thread Info