🔧 BUILD 1quick’s pit bike builds

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
Last race of the season, my daughter got 2nd of 2 with a big crash on the 3rd lap (she’s ok) but posted her fastest lap times yet, I raced the adult stock class and got 3rd of 6 but I also crashed on the first lap and had to work my way up, I need some mods I was getting pulled on the straights by a 300lb dude on an allegedly stock 110cc pit bike, my laps were 6 seconds off the fastest posted lap times of the night on that track so solid first outing for me

IMG_1167.jpeg

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
And the build begins, I picked up a big valve ported race head, roller rockers, race cam matched to the head, high compression stock bore piston, and makuni 26mm carb, installed most of it today, I need to get hd clutch springs and a few odds and ends but was waiting till after the bulk of the install to order just in case I need to order jets or I break something during the build, this bitch is going to be rowdy for a little ass bike should be somewhere in the 18-22ish hp range that’s a shit load for a 12” rear tire to handle
IMG_1192.jpeg

IMG_1193.jpeg

IMG_1196.jpeg

IMG_1197.jpeg

IMG_1198.jpeg

IMG_1199.jpeg

IMG_1200.jpeg

IMG_1203.jpeg

IMG_1205.jpeg

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
Finished it up today, this thing is sick, I’ve mostly putted around but you can feel that there’s a shit load of power and tq on tap, and it’s crisp, my daughter says it sounds like my 450, I wouldn’t go that far but it sounds like a much bigger bike than it is now
IMG_1206.jpeg

IMG_1207.jpeg

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
So I added a new throttle, grips, shifter, kick starter for dress up, then did a manual clutch conversion as I was having shifting issues with the semi auto clutch shifting when I wanted after the power upgrades now this thing is absolutely sick and ready to race, other than I need either new graphics or new number plates since I threw cheap ghetto numbers on for the last race,
IMG_1261.jpeg
IMG_1259.jpeg

IMG_1260.jpeg

I will be ordering a different style pitster pro after new years, a bigger one but still on a pit bike frame and doing a full balls out build to race in the full mod class I’m shooting for 6-10hp more than this bike

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
I put some new tires on my pit bike they are wider and taller than normal pit bike tires, then I took it out for a test rip, we’re going to an indoor track tomorrow and I wanted to make sure it wasn’t going to have issues but it was cold as shit out I made it 10 minutes and had to go back
IMG_1301.jpeg

Reactions: P40E

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
I ran it yesterday for a bit just to get the idle dialed in, she’s a little ripper now, I just did one quick pull up and down the street, 2nd gear will lift the front tire 4-5” it pulls hard for what it is, I mean these bikes are straight up turds stock there all 6ish hp at the crank this is around 15hp at the crank now, I have a set of the beast ass mitas pit cross tires and a rear rim lock to install today on this bike and it will be ready for the 2024 race season

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
My daughter got to take up up and down the road a couple times today, she was impressed said it felt like a different bike now way faster, quick idle and rev video, it sounds crisp considering these things are complete turds stock, it’s a little more than double the power of a stock bike now

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
I was going to build one from scratch but found a good deal on this Kawasaki klx110, it’s a 2017 had ktm 65 forks revalved for an adult, ktm 65 swing arm and shock but it was set up for a 160lb adult it’s pretty soft for me, and a built 194cc stroker motor with big valve ported polished head and race cam, race ignition 28mm carb, I’m going to go through the motor and switch to a de compression cam it’s a bitch to kick start this thing, probably throw a new piston in it and either new valves or just pick up another ported head so it’s fresh for the season
IMG_1358.jpeg

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
I can’t help myself but redo half the bike lol, new piston cam and carb are coming today, I got some gloss black acrylic paint I’m going to try to paint the motor swing arm and rims with, I have new plastic coming for it I went with grey, the bike is going to be, black grey and blue themed I kind of want to powder coat the frame but I also don’t want to take it down that far but I honestly have a solid month before I’ll really be riding it anyway

IMG_0011.jpeg

IMG_0012.jpeg

Thread Info