🔧 BUILD 1quick’s pit bike builds

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
Due to my daughter starting to race her crf110 I’ve dove pretty deep into “building” mostly bolt ons at this point our pit bikes, she raced the mid size 4stroke kids class, I’m starting to kick around building a bad ass one and racing the adult class as well they are so much fun to ride and a lot less of a chance of getting crippled compared to my 450 lol, this is kind of a repost if you read the off-road thread but her it is

Here’s her bike build so far it’s a 2023 crf110, I gutted the stock air box, removed the snorkel, added a larger intake tube from the throttlebody to the intake and did a cnc ported 26mm intake manifold and 26mm carb stock is 13mm, an fmf slip on and a cjr performance tune “hers is fuel injected” they provide dyno results for a bunch of different combos stock they make around 4whp at redline, this set up I did makes right around 9whp at redline, the bike fucking hauls ass with a 60lb 10 year old on it she can hit the limiter in 4th gear in a couple hundred yards it’s gps’d 48mph and I geared it down amsome to have a little less topend and more low down grunt

IMG_0967.jpeg

IMG_0968.jpeg

IMG_0973.jpeg

IMG_0976.jpeg

IMG_0980.jpeg

IMG_0981.jpeg

IMG_0984.jpeg

IMG_0996.jpeg

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
My second pit bike was too slow to keep up with my daughters now bolt on tune pit bike, so I started in with exhaust went with a cheap china Amazon system, it actually picked up a lot of power with that so rather than rejetting the stock carb I ordered an upgraded 26mm intake manifold and an 18mm carb, in the process of tuning the new carb the plastic spacer cracked, got sucked into the intake and hung up the valve it got smacked by the piston and bent, at that point I ordered new valves and found a upgraded “hot cam” and valve springs to match it I ported the head a little just basically a gasket match and light polish then resurfaced the head took about .010 off to bump compression slightly, here’s a few pictures from the process
IMG_1007.jpeg

IMG_1015.jpeg

IMG_1019.jpeg

IMG_1023.jpeg

IMG_1026.jpeg

IMG_1027.jpeg

Reactions: DanJ

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
I got the carb dialed in pretty close on the second pit bike and it rips pretty decent good enough to practice with my daughter, waiting on another set of jets to get it perfect it’s a tad rich now, going to pick up an adult race pit bike for me and build the shit out of it

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
The gpx came and it’s bad ass, some assembly required lol, filled with gas bumped the starter and it fired right up so far build quality seems on par with the honda and Kawasaki, but has quite a few upgrade features that would have cost me thousands extra on a honda or Kawasaki and I was bought shipped all in for 2300ish on this one, out the door price on the new Kawasaki 110L was 3800 when I called the dealer that I bought my 450 from, and 3400 for a left over one at another dealer that had them marked down, we’re going to go out and beat it in a little bit on the trails
IMG_1061.jpeg

IMG_1063.jpeg

IMG_1064.jpeg

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
I do have a problem, in my defense I did just sell a bike like a week ago View attachment 180351
You don't have a problem. You've got it figured out, and are doing exactly what you want. If I had your cash flow and garage space, I'd have at least 3 or 4 more motorcycles. I'd buy my friend's 2006 Star Roadliner, even though I already have a cruiser. I'd get a (new)er Monster, and get the S41000R, even though there would be a ton of overlap. I would need at least double my meager salary to even begin to have your problem.

Jealousy is an ugly color, but man I am wearing it head-to-toe today.

• Haha
Reactions: Jimy Bilmo

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
I beat on it for a good 2 hours with the kids and a few kids and adults from the neighborhood out on the trails, stock it has way more power than my souped up ssr110 and my daughters 110, suspension is a bit soft, I maxed out the compression settings when I got home, changed the oil and had to clean up the air filter, I lost it racing my daughter and went through a huge puddle and the air filter was pretty wet

• Haha
Reactions: SpeedSpeak2me

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
I definitely broke the new pit bike yesterday, I bent the shit out of the swing arm yesterday hitting a little whoop section it got like 3 inches shorter, I called today and they told me that was an issue on a few of them now so there sending me a new swingarm and a beefed up rear shock and spring for my weight and aggressive riding style, also picked up another bike from P40E P40E, he offered me his kx65 that hadn’t been ridden in quite a while I ran up today and picked it up, cleaned out the tank threw a new gasket on the fuel valve (he said he remembered it leaking around there) and rebuilt the carb, pulled the air cleaner as the foam had fallen apart, the thing started up first kick after that, I still have it apart but it’s a super cool little bike that my daughter will be able to race next season before she has to move up
IMG_1088.jpeg

And here’s the bent to shit swingarm
IMG_1082.jpeg

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
I definitely broke the new pit bike yesterday, I bent the shit out of the swing arm yesterday hitting a little whoop section it got like 3 inches shorter, I called today and they told me that was an issue on a few of them now so there sending me a new swingarm and a beefed up rear shock and spring for my weight and aggressive riding style, also picked up another bike from P40E P40E, he offered me his kx65 that hadn’t been ridden in quite a while I ran up today and picked it up, cleaned out the tank threw a new gasket on the fuel valve (he said he remembered it leaking around there) and rebuilt the carb, pulled the air cleaner as the foam had fallen apart, the thing started up first kick after that, I still have it apart but it’s a super cool little bike that my daughter will be able to race next season before she has to move up View attachment 180818

And here’s the bent to shit swingarm
View attachment 180819
That swingarm folded like a wet piece of paper.

Reactions: 1quick

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
I was forced to pick up a new tire for the 65 last week, the tube went flat and the tire was so old and dry that it wouldn’t stretch over the rim anymore so I had to cut it off, the local shop had a Dunlop mx33 in stock for the mini tires I was so impressed with how aggressive it looked I ordered the rear and another set for my new pit bike even though the tires were still new, both of these are going to be on rails out on the track
This is the 65
IMG_1119.jpeg

And the difference between my new stock tire and the mx33
IMG_1120.jpeg

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
Not a pit bike but one of the kids toys, The baby has a little electric quad that hes actually really good at riding but he was getting bored with it and the battery started dying pretty fast, so I did a quick drill battery swap on it from 6v to 20v, he thought it was hilarious he almost fell off the back it took off so fast, well that 6v motor burned up pretty quick, so I upgraded to a 12v 40,000rpm motor and bought a regulator so I could turn the speed down some then rewired the whole thing

IMG_1131.jpeg
IMG_1133.jpeg

IMG_1130.jpeg

Thread Info