YouTube 1. I had no idea Teslas weighed so much 2. Here is one going 10.4

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
I could see that gas is cheap right now which means the tech will see limited interest. When gas goes up I'd think those sales would as well. I wouldn't be surprised if countries with less petroleum would have a higher uptake in EVs especially if they could get different forms of power with a higher density (nuclear for instance) or energy forms that are better converted into electricity than used in a portable format.

i think the biggest thing, that ive said in here, or elsewhere, or who the fuck knows where. is consumers (especially merikan ones) don't purchase vehicles logically.

they are emotion-driven purchases. which is why so many dad f150's and mom suburbans exist.

not out of need but out of want.

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
i think the biggest thing, that ive said in here, or elsewhere, or who the fuck knows where. is consumers (especially merikan ones) don't purchase vehicles logically.

they are emotion-driven purchases. which is why so many dad f150's and mom suburbans exist.

seems the future is this:

out somewhere 1 car: gassy boi
2 car household: gassy + sparky
city --- once self driving, some day, approved: summon up a charged electric box to take you from a to b on your phone

out in japan: maybe hydrogen fella

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
Nashotah, Wisconsin (AKA not Illinois)

There is truth to that too. I need a truck but I have an RV as well so that makes a bit of a difference. I could probably get away with a car 99% of the time. Truthfully I'm tempted to rent a truck for camping trips and say fuck having one especially if I have to buy a new(er) truck. The price of a decent F150 is fucking 60 grand now. Absolutely absurd. In reality I'll probably end up with something like the Colorado at half the cost because it's what I need size wise.

Reactions: Yaj Yak

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
giphy.gif

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363

Using the Tesla Supercharger network, it is now costlier to recharge your vehicle than it is to gas up at a traditional gas station, according to a new report from Australia-based WhichCar.

The news came as a result of a "recent price increase" to use the Superchargers and - stop us if you've heard this one - "incorrect fuel figures on the Tesla website".

This, of course, puts an end to Tesla's years long claims that recharging its vehicles offered savings versus traditional internal combustion engine vehicles.

"According to Tesla the cost of charging a Tesla Model 3 is $7 per 100km compared with $12 for a rival petrol car," WhichCar notes, before revealing the estimate uses "at least three incorrect figures". The report disputes "how much electricity a Tesla Model 3 uses, the cost of electricity at a Tesla Supercharger and the price of petrol."

It also notes Tesla's increase for its Supercharger to 52 cents per kilowatt-hour. The article calculates this recharging "even the most efficient" Model 3 Standard Range would cost $9.78 per 100km using a Supercharger.

It then notes that BMW's 330i costs $8 per 100km to fuel, assuming the country's average cost of premium unleaded at $1.38 - a figure sourced from the country's government. The BMW consumes 5.8 litres per 100km, which is below Tesla's estimates of 7.0 litres per 100km. This means the BMW is actually 18% cheaper to fuel than a Tesla is to recharge at a Supercharger.

And if one were to run the same calculations with the hybrid-powered Lexus IS300h, the results are even more profound. The Lexus cost winds up about 31% lower than the Tesla charged using a Supercharger.

Recall, Tesla first used its Supercharger network, promising "free" electricity and charging, to lure customers into the idea of an all electric future when the company first surfaced. Gradually, the allure of the idea wore off for the company and they began charging for use of the network.

Like many other promises made by Tesla (solar roof tiles, 1 million robotaxis, full self driving), the concept of the Supercharger network looks like it has just run face first into a much needed reality check.

zooomer

Sep 30, 2008
What I don’t get about “car guys” loving EV so much is they are what they are, wtf is fun about that? This old ass video has a Tesla running 10.4 but that’s it. Probably will never go faster...and over time will go slower. COOL.
LOL. Seen the latest Model S specs?
BASE model is 0-60 in 3.1, nothing ICE comparable. That's 80k with over 400 miles of range and improved charging speed
Mid level S runs 9s. Top model S runs 8's with over 500 miles of range!
It's just embarrassing now talking about performance.

GM announced no more petrol vehicles by 2035. NONE

You guys have been so wrong in 25 pages of this thread....

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
BASE model is 0-60 in 3.1, nothing ICE comparable. That's 80k with over 400 miles of range and improved charging speed

giphy.gif

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel

No, no I did not see this news 4 months ago. Cool car sure, still not going to agree that it’ll scratch the itch well enough for a car guy.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info