YouTube 1. I had no idea Teslas weighed so much 2. Here is one going 10.4

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
It only backs the car out of the parking space and parks it in the parking space. It does not bring the car to you yet FYI. So you still would have had to walk all the way to the car in the cold. The car does not drive around without you.

ROFL. Trust me I wish it would park itself and leave the parking space and come get me. They are trying to get it to that point.

If and whenever it gets to that point fuuuuuuuuu take my money all day everyday.

That’s what they are releasing soon. Look at the order page

IMG_0613.jpg

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
Thanks I know. I have navigate on autopilot. It’s pretty cool. It did the full interchange from 355, to i 55 north without any of my input. Turn signals and all.

I can tell you full self driving was just removed from the owners profiles. When I say just I mean last night. Up until last night I could have added that feature to my car for $10,000 dollars.

Again not worth it.

Auto park is real. Again I have it. It’s the same as other cars. Pull up, it recognizes a space, press a button and the car parks itself.

Will the car ever be able to pull out from a space, turn, navigate through a parking lot of ohare and come to your location? Probably not in the next year. The hardware is there but I’m sure that’s a software nightmare.

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
Impressive but again very early stages. You have to be within 150 feet of the car for that beta to work. So basically within sight of the car. It will be a good start for them to work it out. I’m curious the speed at which the car will move. The current summon is very slow, so if they don’t improve the speed. I expect some very upset non Tesla people trying to park while your car inches along

zooomer

Sep 30, 2008
The only thing I do not like about Tesla’s pricing is that there is no rhyme or reason to it. Yesterday if I bought auto pilot it would have been 7,000 dollars after the purchase of the car if I did not add it on at the time of sale.

Today it’s 4,000 dollars. (Slightly less features on the base auto pilot) no self park or summon. But I wouldn’t use those. So in 1 day I could have saved 3,000 dollars. That stuff pisses people off.

I agree. I'm guessing another class action is coming. In this regard Tesla is shamelessly criminal in behavior.

There are people who leased cars and paid for full self driving and turned in the car w/o it ever coming. No refund!

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
Its kind of the truth though. That part I never understood. They pre sold features on the car that were not even approved yet. Yea I know you need money etc. but it literally was marketed as a full self driving package. That soon I could get in the car and it would simply drive me to work.

That is something that is very far off. And like he said.... so if I spent 10k and after 4 years of driving never got to use that feature I wouldn’t get a refund. That’s shitty

zooomer

Sep 30, 2008
The fan boys are defending Tesla and claiming they put out a disclaimer. IT's unreal. It's true that some people would defend anything.
It's like leasing a roadster, them telling you it's shipping in a week but you get a model 3 as a loaner until then. 2 years later you're still driving the 3, they tell you the lease is up and they need the 3 back. You complain saying you just spend 4k/month for 2 years and ended up only driving the 3. They reply that the roadster isn't out yet. Tesla fan boys defend your anal rape by saying you should have waited til the car was outl. Elon is just making sure it's ready.

Where are we going to be in a year?
The cars will probably be faster, range will be longer, charge speed will be faster, prices will possibly be lower but you'll def get more car for the $. Meanwhile ICE vehicles will get more expensive.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
Meanwhile ICE vehicles will get more expensive.

You act like the only reason ICE cars get more expensive is the motor. Most are getting more expensive due to adding new technology, nicer interiors, better build quality (well most lol) and pensions.

I don't believe Tesla offers a pension to employees. Last I read a few years ago. I believe some employees are offered stock options. Anyone know of these two are still correct?

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
Realistically though, who has a software philosophy anywhere near Tesla? Some other company someday will have something equal or better, but for right now it’s the equivalent of 2007 and Tesla is the iPhone and every other car is a Moto Razr.

between manufacturers and technologists i don't know who is really tops vs. what we perceive to be at the top. nonetheless i wouldn't want the brunt of my profit margin coming from there, because everyone is going to get there, and unlike the IT world there is no vendor lock in. i'll keep paying high oracle dues to use the oracle database because it's a huge deal for me to port my software onto another database. of course it's no effort at all for me to walk out of a tesla and into a mercedes though.

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
between manufacturers and technologists i don't know who is really tops vs. what we perceive to be at the top. nonetheless i wouldn't want the brunt of my profit margin coming from there, because everyone is going to get there, and unlike the IT world there is no vendor lock in. i'll keep paying high oracle dues to use the oracle database because it's a huge deal for me to port my software onto another database. of course it's no effort at all for me to walk out of a tesla and into a mercedes though.

I’m not even talking about the actual cost of producing the software though. I’m just saying how it’s implemented in Tesla is at least 2x better than any other car because Tesla doesn’t use the “well you bought it now fuck you forever” method of software that every other manufacturer uses. They use the “holy shit you’re not gonna believe what we figured out we could do with the hardware you already have- here try it for free” method. I know as a consumer which one I like better

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
V3 supercharging revealed. 1000mi/ hr charge rate. 75 miles in 5 minutes (model 3 and Y) No longer splits charge rates with other superchargers so full power at all times. Using GPS aware battery preheating, v2 superchargers will now work 25% faster on all models, including model S and X. And V2 increased to 145Kw

https://www.tesla.com/blog/introducing-v3-supercharging

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
Yuuuuup. Pretty exciting stuff. Once again my car I have already purchased has just gotten better. This is one of the best things about owning these cars.

I have to admit, that's what's cool with Tesla. They seem to offer up improvements OTA and enhancements to the product throughout the production year.

I'll be looking to get rid of my Infiniti in the next 12-24 months and the Model 3 will be something that I will take a closer look at. I know I might sound like a broken record, but hopefully all this competition pushes Tesla to step their interior game up.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info