YouTube 1. I had no idea Teslas weighed so much 2. Here is one going 10.4

zooomer

Sep 30, 2008
Last night Tesla just shot holes in the arguments of this thread. Exactly as I was talking about all along and as Mike and I predicted.

The 35k Tesla (before incentives) is now here. Puts your price after tax credits at 31k. So there's you're affordable Tesla. For 2k more you can extend the range and get an upgraded interior.

Model S prices have dropped steadily while GM has been raising theirs. My P100d Ludacris was 155k. Now the same car is 122k. A CTS-V is over 100k new with options and is slower, RWD, no screen, no autopilot, less range on a tank.

Everything we've been talking about in this thread and me saying WTF can't you guys see the trajectory is happened exactly as predicted.

Peak charge speed on the Model 3 is 25% faster than model S do to traveling farther per KW. You can now add 90 miles in 10 minutes which is much better than the S/X. Tesla continues to go farther per mile on a KW enabling smaller batteries which means less energy needed to be added. Blows holes in the nay sayers talking about too much draw and all that.

=Go ahead with your 'yeah but' sickmint or other nay sayers. I'm sure whatever you say will AGAIN ignore how fast this tech is advancing and you'll act like a snapshot of today is where we'll be in a year.

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
The only thing I do not like about Tesla’s pricing is that there is no rhyme or reason to it. Yesterday if I bought auto pilot it would have been 7,000 dollars after the purchase of the car if I did not add it on at the time of sale.

Today it’s 4,000 dollars. (Slightly less features on the base auto pilot) no self park or summon. But I wouldn’t use those. So in 1 day I could have saved 3,000 dollars. That stuff pisses people off.

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
It’s badass.... but really just a gimmick right now. It’s on my car and I’ve used it once to make my friends 5 year old son giggle. It takes forever to activate, the car moves super slow and it got confused a few times trying to exit my garage.

I’m sure it will get better, but it’s just a fun play toy for people to boast about right now.

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
When it was -30* out and I was wandering to my car in a hoodie when i got back from florida, in the parking garage at Ohare last month, I think it would have been better than a gimmick :rofl:

It only backs the car out of the parking space and parks it in the parking space. It does not bring the car to you yet FYI. So you still would have had to walk all the way to the car in the cold. The car does not drive around without you.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
giphy.gif

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
There are less people walking around on highways. lol

I'm not sure I want my car wandering around parking lots. It's going to be like China where people jump in front of cars to get hit and get money. Tesla better offer up all info the car has showing the person jumped into the car and not the car being at fault. lol

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info