Who else has crappy views from their house?

The Beast

TCG Elite Member
May 24, 2004
South beach
Real Name
Go Go
Yea that’d make it real easy to sell the house when your next door neighbor is running a junkyard out of their front lawn. I get that some people take no pride in their house/yard, what baffles me is why they choose to live in a nice neighborhood instead of in the sticks

I agree 100% with this

willizm

Very Nice, Very Evil
TCG Premium
May 13, 2009
The Woodlands, TX
I'm pretty sure I'm that neighbor

ayrSk02.jpg

I'm the opposite. I close my cutout before pulling into my neighborhood if it's after 8pm.

79a.gif

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
The guy three doors down has a loud supercharged foxbody, and in the opposite direction the guy has a REALLY loud late 60's Mustang.

I don't mind the volume because their cars are in their garages and houses are kept up.

The other house that Im waiting to see happens to is the one two doors to my North. It was the original farm house that used to own all the land they built the subdivision on. I believe the older people that owned it have passed recently and I don't know what'll happen to it....

https://www.google.com/maps/place/9...6c229131000a0f!8m2!3d42.0306803!4d-88.1889158

You can see it faced Schaumburg Road at one time, built in 1869...

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
The guy three doors down has a loud supercharged foxbody, and in the opposite direction the guy has a REALLY loud late 60's Mustang.

I don't mind the volume because their cars are in their garages and houses are kept up.

The other house that Im waiting to see happens to is the one two doors to my North. It was the original farm house that used to own all the land they built the subdivision on. I believe the older people that owned it have passed recently and I don't know what'll happen to it....

https://www.google.com/maps/place/9...6c229131000a0f!8m2!3d42.0306803!4d-88.1889158

You can see it faced Schaumburg Road at one time, built in 1869...

maxresdefault.jpg

LikeABauce302

TCG Elite Member
Aug 27, 2013
South suburbs
Real Name
Matt
Loud cars aren’t a problem. It’s if you pull the motor and trans out and leave it in the front lawn for a year that’s the problem

Agreed. My engine blocks and junk stay in the garage. The driveway burnout was done before a new concrete driveway was getting put in. I had to leave some rubber on the old one lol.

As far as noise goes, I try to keep quiet between 9 PM and 7 AM during the week and 10 PM to 8 AM on weekends, unless I have to leave early to go to the race track. In that case, I try to get my car ready and loaded on the trailer the night before. I like loud cars, but I also value sleep, so I try to respect my neighbors there.

willizm

Very Nice, Very Evil
TCG Premium
May 13, 2009
The Woodlands, TX
Agreed. My engine blocks and junk stay in the garage. The driveway burnout was done before a new concrete driveway was getting put in. I had to leave some rubber on the old one lol.

As far as noise goes, I try to keep quiet between 9 PM and 7 AM during the week and 10 PM to 8 AM on weekends, unless I have to leave early to go to the race track. In that case, I try to get my car ready and loaded on the trailer the night before. I like loud cars, but I also value sleep, so I try to respect my neighbors there.

Do you ever feel weird about loading your car up on a trailer the night before a track day? It never sat well with me because it seem super easy to steal a loaded trailer even if it's hooked up to the truck. 2 minutes with a rapid jack and it's gone.

LikeABauce302

TCG Elite Member
Aug 27, 2013
South suburbs
Real Name
Matt
Do you ever feel weird about loading your car up on a trailer the night before a track day? It never sat well with me because it seem super easy to steal a loaded trailer even if it's hooked up to the truck. 2 minutes with a rapid jack and it's gone.

Yeah that thought has crossed my mind. My truck is always backed into my backyard with a 6 foot privacy fence. The entrance along the side of my house, to the rear part of my driveway, is only one car wide, so whoever wants my car would have to figure out a way to steal the truck or move the truck too. Fortunately my neighbors are the paranoid type and have 3 or 4 cameras on the side of their house overlooking both of our driveways. When its dark out, the cameras light up when they sense motion.

daturbosix

HNIC @ GoodFellas Garage
TCG Sponsor
Mar 2, 2008
Aurora
Real Name
Jeff
Yea that’d make it real easy to sell the house when your next door neighbor is running a junkyard out of their front lawn. I get that some people take no pride in their house/yard, what baffles me is why they choose to live in a nice neighborhood instead of in the sticks

kinda a catch 22 though... you can move too, right?

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
kinda a catch 22 though... you can move too, right?

Can he sell the house with the beverly hillbillies living next door? Id see that problem and peace out. Im not buying into a problem if he is trying to move out of the problem.

I live in a condo. I see the parking lot outside my front sliding door. Past the tree line is the Addison Sams club parking lot. The back door has a nice view of the building behind us and the older hispanic lady that likes to have her shades open.

ThirdgenTa

TCG Elite Member
Mar 17, 2008
Aurora
So I actually have a pretty nice view of a prairie to the East. I'm at the end of the street. In fact, the builder said nobody could build next to us because there is an underground pipeline. We had extra windows put in and payed extra for an end lot. About a month ago, we got a letter from a developer that they plan on putting 200+ houses on that prairie. So basically I will go from the end of the neighborhood to being in the middle. There will be about a 50' gap in between my yard and everyone elses. Apparently this was planned out years ago. They don't have a buyer for the land yet, hopefully it will be some time.
Good news is I'm still the highest house in the neighborhood so I still have a pretty good view to the North and the West. I can see Byron smoke stacks from my house.

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
This seems ultra petty to me. it's their side of the fence. why do you care? And I wouldnt edge grass either. lol

Because the shit is growing in the fence and looks like crap? :dunno:

Gardening-6.jpg

I may have to do this in spring with the asshat behind me who thinks his lawn care needs is mowing a small patch for his dog to shit on and the rest is a wildlife preserve.

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
Update!
Car still on street all night, garbage can still outside and Christmas lights still going

View attachment 30361

Do you guys have an ordinance about street parking over night as well? I think you might have mentioned it but am too lazy to go and read again. :bowrofl:

That was the part that drove me nuts the most about the guy across the street, that I've gotten a ticket before for my car covering the sidewalk and he would leave his work truck out for months at a time without a ticket.

LikeABauce302

TCG Elite Member
Aug 27, 2013
South suburbs
Real Name
Matt
I may have to do this in spring with the asshat behind me who thinks his lawn care needs is mowing a small patch for his dog to shit on and the rest is a wildlife preserve.

Just call your village if you have a neighbor who doesn't mow their lawn. Most villages have an ordinance for things like that. It can be done anonymously and usually ends the problem quickly if they get a ticket.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info