Who else has crappy views from their house?

RICH17

Dr. Pussy Slayer, MD
TCG Premium
Nov 14, 2008
The 007
Real Name
Adam Rich
Let me know when you've owned your home awhile longer and it starts to piss you off. :rofl:

Not really that guy. If he's out there at 3am tuning his snowmobile and I have to listen to that shit then I am going to be pissed. But a couple sleds in the yard and 5-6 cars are fine. This is why i moved out here. I want to be left alone just as much as them.

daturbosix

HNIC @ GoodFellas Garage
TCG Sponsor
Mar 2, 2008
Aurora
Real Name
Jeff
years back i dealt with a bunch of bitchy busy body neighbors...
they tried EVERYTHING in their power to fuck with me,
and couldnt do shit in the end. success!!! [MENTION=102]DanJoy[/MENTION] remembers those days

and this song became my theme to blast saturdays/sunday mornings when everyone was outside. lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJixs2FoZ_Y

Bruce Jibboo

TCG Elite Member
Apr 18, 2008
Elgin
shitters full

18402564_10208948140357224_1006629643164398634_n.jpg

Intel

TCG Elite Member
Oct 28, 2009
Palatine
My families old landlord and his church group painted my neighbors deck 2 years ago and they never put the stuff back on it to this day. Could be much worse I just find it funny. My other neighbor had a dead pine tree that leaned at about 30 degrees into my yard. They had cut down once we finished our patio I have talked to or seen all of my other neighbors while doing our patio so ours was ugly for sure for a year but now it looks great.

I am more likely to be that terrible neighbor with my junky 510 in the driveway but all my cars outside run and move and are registered. Hoping to spray paint the 510 all one color and put a real exhaust on it.20170730_191840.jpg

cap42

Restoration Hell
Mar 22, 2005
Bolingbrook IL
Don't have pics at the moment. But mine aren't terrible, but every once in a while it gets bad. The next door neighbor has 3 generations living in their house with about 7-8 cars. Most of those cars are POS's. For a month they had this civic that looked like it tried to merge itself with a telephone pole just sitting in the driveway obviously not able to move under it's own power. Also with all the cars they sometimes drive over their lawn and part of mine to get out of the driveway vs moving a line of cars. They are really nice neighbors and try to keep the place looking normal otherwise.

I also have the same issue directly across the street. Those neihbors must own stock in Toyota as they have 3 tundras and 2 of the large SUV's. There is always one of those parked in front of my house blocking my mailbox. They also painted their house some ugly muave color. The landscaping is superb though because the grandfather is out there every day taking care of it.

This may all sound bad but it's not horrible, they all keep to themselves all their yards look nice if not nicer than mine.

SMRTSS1

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 12, 2010
Elgin
I’m in a townhouse in an end unit. To the north is the walking path and a row of townhomes, anytime the windows are open my neighbors can see in. To the West is a park which is nice. To the south is a wall with no windows but out in the driveway is “Rape Van Roger”. My neighbor used to be a maintenance tech for machining equipment and now that he’s retired there’s a big beige panel van ALWAYS parked in the driveway. Not really a big deal but you can’t see around the thing when pulling out of the garage/driveway and there are a lot of kids in the neighborhood that love to run out in front of my car to get to the park to go to the park behind us. Plus the van acts as a wind blocker which funnels and collects leaves and snow in front of my house and when the garage is open it funnels everything into the garage (constant losing battle to keep leaves out).

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
I'm probably that neighbor. I try to be respectful though. No loud noise after 9:30-10:00ish. Aside from garbage cans and a snowblower or two from time to time there's nothing outside my house besides trucks and trailers.

My neighbor on one side has an inground pool that hasn't been touched since I moved in. Full of frogs and mosquitoes. Neighbor on other side has a bunch of kids with crappy loud cars with subs and two dogs that never shut up.

daturbosix

HNIC @ GoodFellas Garage
TCG Sponsor
Mar 2, 2008
Aurora
Real Name
Jeff
I'm probably that neighbor. I try to be respectful though. No loud noise after 9:30-10:00ish. Aside from garbage cans and a snowblower or two from time to time there's nothing outside my house besides trucks and trailers.

My neighbor on one side has an inground pool that hasn't been touched since I moved in. Full of frogs and mosquitoes. Neighbor on other side has a bunch of kids with crappy loud cars with subs and two dogs that never shut up.

if i ever win the lotto big, im developing a neighborhood for us packrats.
will be loads of fun.

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
I've got a boat/trailer on the side of my house. No rules against it in the HOA and no village ordinances. Talked to the neighbor that faces it, and she wasn't thrilled but accepted if there wasn't anything strictly against it. She doesn't particularly like the garbage bins on the side of my house either. We talked about bushes and/or vines to block the view, especially while the boat is there during the winter. During the summer we have a vegetable garden there, which is quite a bit better than the Jon boat and trailer...

Neighbor next to her has a yard full of shit...children toys, unused trampoline, complete disregard for keeping up her lawn. PLUS she is batshit fucking insane. She's got a 4-5 year old child and a 13-15 year old child. She just swears at them constantly. Throws shit against the walls. I can hear it with all of her doors and windows closed while I'm in my garage. It's ridiculous. She's had the cops called on her for domestics countless times.

She also has a 05-07 Jeep GC that hasn't moved AT ALL in the 2 years I've lived there. There's a for sale sign on it now, if anyone wants to brave that crazy...You could probably get it for a song.

I'm the end unit, with the other units that back up to the side of my house

RLiYhGS.jpg

boostedguy05

not well known
TCG Premium
Dec 18, 2010
I've got a boat/trailer on the side of my house. No rules against it in the HOA and no village ordinances. Talked to the neighbor that faces it, and she wasn't thrilled but accepted if there wasn't anything strictly against it. She doesn't particularly like the garbage bins on the side of my house either. We talked about bushes and/or vines to block the view, especially while the boat is there during the winter. During the summer we have a vegetable garden there, which is quite a bit better than the Jon boat and trailer...

Neighbor next to her has a yard full of shit...children toys, unused trampoline, complete disregard for keeping up her lawn. PLUS she is batshit fucking insane. She's got a 4-5 year old child and a 13-15 year old child. She just swears at them constantly. Throws shit against the walls. I can hear it with all of her doors and windows closed while I'm in my garage. It's ridiculous. She's had the cops called on her for domestics countless times.

She also has a 05-07 Jeep GC that hasn't moved AT ALL in the 2 years I've lived there. There's a for sale sign on it now, if anyone wants to brave that crazy...You could probably get it for a song.
I'm the end unit, with the other units that back up to the side of my house

RLiYhGS.jpg

SUP!

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
Don't think I have a picture, but we have wetlands behind us. About 2 years ago in winter, they came through and cut all the trees in it down, so it's nice and open now. Also, come July 4th, the neighborhood fireworks display isn't blocked like it had become. :D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info