Woman drivers RULE!
132856452iceorm_ph.jpg

132856473nrbdmk_ph.jpg

ShelbyGuy

Turgid Member
Mar 26, 2004
dude dont piss the women off

370.jpg

my name is john i have a green gt500 [#00516 for those with the registry] and a grey 03 cobra and a blue 1931 model-a roadster that i was brought home from the hospital in when i was born. my dad was that crazy man with the old fords. the apple doesnt fall far from the tree.

im in to road racing and eating. i'll drive anywhere for a good meal. sault ste marie for broiled whitefish. n'orleans for a bowl of gumbo.

im 36 and live in westmont. my hobbies are open track events, hydroponic gardening, and lately ive begun to teach myself to work with carbon fiber/kevlar/foam composites.

i graduated from wyoming technical institute in 1987 with an AAS in automotive collision technology. i restored corvettes for bloomington gold for a time. i bounced around body shops for 10 years or so. ive had paint poisoning twice so i got out of it. i now manage events for abbott laboratories. i wrote a web-based system for them and they picked me up as a subcontractor. i love to vacation in the upper peninsula of michigan and my favorite place on earth is the keweenaw peninsula.

current goal is to be involved in sports car racing as a full time job within 2 years. most likely as event coordinator for ALMS [well thats the daydream]

oh yeah
i take pictures of things for fun too
-john

ShelbyGuy

Turgid Member
Mar 26, 2004
because the real racers dont need a country club. this is for people who run what i refer to as 'doctor/lawyer' road racing classes. lots of money spent, but its not their day job. the equipment may be impressive but the owners of megadollar sports cars tend to be assnozzles. some things money just doesnt buy.

on edit: you just wait. within 6 years the thing will open to the public.

hj16 said:
Thatd be it. I heard it was going to be pretty nice. Why do you say "wannabe road racers"??? :dunno:

ShelbyGuy

Turgid Member
Mar 26, 2004
i'll let you know when i make it big in the racing biz.

seriously, i dont know. im doing club events and stuff. join saac and your local midwestern council chapter. that will at least get you on the track.

head on over to nwshelbyclub.com, join the northwoods region, and attend the fall shindig at road america. i GUARANTEE you will be hooked on the road course scene.

hj16 said:
What places would you suggest John? Within 2 years I want to get into Road Racing as Draggin gets boring after a while. Just want something to mix it up. :biggthump

ShelbyGuy

Turgid Member
Mar 26, 2004
then come watch - see what its all about before you start spending money on it. thats what lyle and cliff did last year and i bet at least one of them participates this year

edit: me talk goodly

hj16 said:
Im thinking I should swap the 2.90 back to stock then? I have a AFCO HX and Vortech Ice Box now. Should I get a Fluidyne Radiator as well???

I think Id be scared my first time out. With my luck Id get hit :(

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info