*SPOILER THREAD* Star Wars Rogue One

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
I thought Leia was a bad CGI as well - did not mind the Tarkin CGI, enjoyed the scene with Vadar. The fact that this entire story was based off one or two lines from IV means that we could see a lot more little stories pop out - like maybe seeing the Falcon make the Kessel run or something. Watching Vadar hunt down Jedis during the purge would be fantastic.

In the EU Solo trilogy, the Kessel run was made escaping the empire. It also ended with Han sitting down and introducing himself to Luke and Obi Wan.

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
Except for the Princess Leia CGI face. That was HORRIBLE.

Seagate has a 60TB 3.5" SSD on market today for enterprise level. Imagine having to transmit that data long-range. Would be nigh impossible. You would have to move it in a physical medium.
I legit thought they found an actress that looked just like her. I didn't even notice the CGI.

03GTGreen

Cobra Brigade Presidente
Aug 1, 2007
Finally! Ive been waiting to see a "modern" Vader, and he lived up to every expectation, with the exception (as mentioned) of James Earl Jones voice over, something just didnt sound right there. But the last 10min of the movie are worth the ticket price alone

I also agree Leias face over cgi was horrible

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
I need to see the movie again because I dont know how you guys are complaining about her so bad :rofl:

Also, Jones is old. His voice isnt what it used to be. They could have easily mixed it in the edit room to speed it up a bit and take it back to how it was, but I liked that they let his voice remain, in all its glory....old or not.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Did he pull a kylo ren and stop one of the beams mid air? Looked like he did and than reveresed it and killed the dude

Yep, he did after watching it again, shortly after killing the rebel who he had on the ceiling.

And yes, I fully agree. That hallway Vader scene was basically the best minute of the movie ever. Not to take away from the movie, but when that red saber lights up, and you see Vader standing there, with the Imperial March theme going...

I was a child again.

Even though its technically poorly choreographed compared to the prequel saber fights, and you can see that its really not up to snuff in terms of skill for what a mythical Jedi and Sith should be capable of. The fight between Luke and Vader in ROTJ at the end, is one of my favorite bits of film ever. In fact, I think I'm going to watch it again, right now.

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
Just watched last night.... Loved it...

Not Empire good, but definitely up there. Thankfully they offed everybody in the movie. Feels horrible to say, but it was the best way to do it.

That scene with Vader at the end was so bad ass... I can't stop watching the link [MENTION=5]Mook[/MENTION] added!

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
I found the movie entertaining but don't have a strong desire to see it again. Tarkin had way too big of a role in the movie to be completely CGI. It was a huge distraction for me. The CGI is probably some of the best I've seen on screen as a human replacement character, but I wouldn't be offended if they cast a dude who looked 80% similar to the original actor.

I liked how this movie ended right where New Hope starts. That was fantastic to lead this up to the opening scene of 4. Vader's assault was perfect, and some of the views we see of X-Wings and other dogfighters were angles of battle never before depicted in a Star Wars film. This was like a Star Wars war movie.

Also, I wish Jyn had more of her backstory told. They just kind of throw her out there. I'd take less of the war stuff and learn more about her convictions as a rebel (in the literal sense and not as part of the Alliance). Her and Cassian both seem like they're just going through the motions. A little more depth here would have been nice.

K-2SO was hilarious. Him and Chirrut/Baze were much needed comic relief because the main characters didn't have one scrape of levity. Mendelsohn as Krennic was :bowdown: and I also like Ben Daniels from House of Cards as whoever he was playing.

It was appropriate that everyone died. Bleak, for sure, but fitting for the timeline in the Star Wars universe and importance of telling this story. It's a very different Star Wars movie.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info